main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Thrawn Fans Unite !!!!! (v 2.0)

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Lordban, Apr 5, 2001.

1. LexiLupin

LexiLupin Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 27, 2011
    I actually despise Tatooine Ghost. The only SW book I've read which I despise slightly more is Rogue Planet.
    But some people do like it. I just found it unnecessary, forced, and a self-indulgent attempt to tie the prequel movies into the post-RotJ timeline.

2. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Yeah, the book is good and I enjoyed it very much for the Squibs, but largely it is a a bit forced in a 'book retconning a new prequel trilogy' to make it somehow mesh with what was and is. Perhaps necesarry in a way, but still a bit heavy in the guided incorporations and besides a hinted probability no true overt Thrawn.

3. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    That, is literally AWESOME!

4. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    For old times' sake... post 70,001 dedicated to the TFU and my first group of friends on the JC, all those years ago.

Thrawn1786 likes this.
  5. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    edit: and post 70k2 as well!

6. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    edit: At this rate, I'll hit 80k in no time...

7. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    What's mist encounter?

8. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    :eek: Sacrelige! I haven't seen such unknowing since I first came here :p

Mist Encounter is a short story written by Timothy Zahn that was first published in the Star Wars: Adventure Journals. . .issue four I think off the top of my head. [face_thinking]

SPOILER: Anyway, it is the story that shows how the Empire, specifically a certain famous Star Destroyer Commander found and first met Thrawn on the remote world that he had been exiled to. He was found as the guy was hunting down another famous smuggler. I shall not ruin it for you further, but as an added bonus. . . Thrawn survives [face_shhh]

9. LexiLupin

LexiLupin Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 27, 2011
    Chewbacca89, Mist Encounter is published now in at least some versions of the Outbound Flight paperback

10. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    Ah ok. Familiar with the storyline, just havent read it yet. Got Outbound Flight coming in the mail so hopefully it's in there.

11. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    It was only added to the paper back versions, the hard covers did not include the extra story at all. Although the story added to the paper back doesn't include the inked images that the Journal had included with it. Still it is a great read even without visual and tech references. Having said that, enjoy :D

Also GrandAdmiralJello , Don't be a stranger, we can always the extra posts, and better Imperial doctrin to view Thrawn through ;)

12. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    Yea I had the hardcover, but lost it so I ordered a new one. It's a paperback so hopefully it has that story.

13. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    My copy of Outbound Flight that I recently acquired included Mist Encounter, though I haven't read Mist Encounter yet, since I am in the middle of rereading my Bantam favorites, the X-wing series, TT, BFC, and HoT.

14. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    The copy of Outbound Flight has Mist Encounter. Can't wait to read it.

Also just realized I never read Crisis of Faith! I am slacking...

15. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    I see you guys have kept the candle lit for oh so many years. Things will get verrry interesting after 2019 if Disney/Lucasfilm decide to put some of the EU stories to the big screen. I highly doubt it'll be Admiral Thrawn since it won't be canon and involves many of the PT/OT characters.

Jedi Knight Fett and Mitth_Fisto like this.
  16. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    First off, nice avatar! I am impressed that 20 years later and Thrawn is still going strong, though I suspect Zahn keeping putting out new Thrawn material helps. I hope they don't completley write Thrawn out of canon. If they do, I already decided it doesn't matter. Not like I will stop reading my Thrawn novels just cuz they aren't canon anymore...:p

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  17. Vana

Vana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    Random Comments and Mitth_Fisto like this.
  18. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Sweet! :D

Vana likes this.
  19. Vana

Vana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    thanks ;)

20. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    Look awesome. Good job.

21. Vana

Vana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    I'm glad you like it, Chewbacca89 ! :)

22. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    It would be awesome if Dark Horse would pick up a Thrawn series.

23. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I finally finished my rereading of The Last Command and started on Isard's Revenge.

Wow, the last time anyone posted in this thread it was my birthday.

24. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    That just shows how much we like you Zeta! That or else how big a party we threw that night :p

25. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    So does anyone think that Thrawn will have a small cameo in "Scoundrals"?