main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Thrawn Fans Unite !!!!! (v 2.0)

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Lordban, Apr 5, 2001.

1. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    What characteristics do you enjoy most about Thrawn?

2. Darth_Erebus

Darth_Erebus Jedi Master star 1

Aug 19, 2013
    I think it's his calm stragetic planning I like the most. I've always been a fan of brain over brawn and here is a leader, and an Imperial no less, who does just that, who uses what he knows and what he observes to out think the enemy rather then trying to overcome the enemy with brute force. I love characters like that.

Mitth_Fisto and Chewbacca89 like this.
  3. Lego Thrawn

Lego Thrawn Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 30, 2013
    I was chatting with my friend on FB the other day, and we were asking each other who we think would be a good actor to play Grand Admiral Thrawn, if there were a Thrawn Trilogy film trilogy made, by some miracle. My friend basically enthusiastically agreed with my choice of actor Jason Isaacs. IMO, he has the perfect Thrawn look. Do you agree? Who would YOU cast as Grand Admiral Thrawn, if there were films of the TT made? This is just for fun.

[​IMG]

4. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    I wouldn't cast an actor, I would just create a digital model for him...
    Just joking! ;)

How would they create his red skin? Digitally or by using make-up/cosmetics?

5. Airdave Jedi

Airdave Jedi Jedi Youngling

Jul 27, 2013
    Saw this on a Episode 7 fan poster...

Hugo Weaving

zarkinfrood likes this.
  6. Galengwath

Galengwath Jedi Padawan

Nov 1, 2012
    Um, they wouldn't, since Thrawn has BLUE skin. His eyes are supposed to be red, though.

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  7. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    Sorry, I just was not paying attention at the moment I wrote it.

8. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    I agree with the Hugo Weaving choice.

9. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    I am merging this with the existing Thrawn fanclub.

Oh and I agree with this casting. I can see it now. "Tell me about...Honoghr." :p

[​IMG]

10. Lego Thrawn

Lego Thrawn Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 30, 2013
    Speaking of casting Grand Admiral Thrawn... has there ever been any SW fanfilm made that dealt with either the Thrawn Trilogy or that featured Thrawn himself?

11. Ordo N-11

Ordo N-11 Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 28, 2013
    If I were to cast Thrawn, I would cast Benedict Cumberbatch. He has the perfect Thrawn look (in my opinion), and would be able to play him to a Tee.

[​IMG]

12. neila_nuruodo

neila_nuruodo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    To be honest, the only thing that would matter to me is that the actor in question was able to maintain a cold and impassive mien, and that it was in a movie. I seriously won't watch the upcoming movies if they don't relate to the EU. (Biased, perhaps, but I've been around long enough that I feel that I deserve no less than the best) Oh, and being male is probably helpful. :p

13. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    I've seen some of the CumberbtachThrawn images around and it could be worse.

Since I can't find the Chiss Thread any more, maybe one of you can help me out. I was researching for a fanfic and encountered the following problem.

Last I knew Chiss were considered adults aged 12.
    The year on Csilla has 462 days, 100 days more than our year does. So for every 4 years a Chiss ages, he gets about 5 of our years. Would that mean that being adult with their 12 years would make it more like 15 of ours? I am all confuzzled.

14. Antlers

Antlers Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 30, 2012
    Every time I watch/hear Benedict Cumberbatch (especially in the last Star Trek film and even during Hobbit), I see Thrawn. I can't help it. That man was made to play him. @_@

MsLanna - I guess it's taboo to go against licensed fanfiction, but the Chiss aging hypothesis is really dumb (from a realworld biology standpoint). In general, smarter creatures have long childhoods. For the Chiss to finish childhood at 12 years is kinda dumb (and not sexy). I've always ignored it, but then again, I'm always imagining Thrawn sneaking topless down the hallways during latenight Pellaeon visits carrying a tub of body oil and some chocolate.

neila_nuruodo likes this.
  15. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Traviss had the Mandalorians (mostly humans) "finish childhood at 13 years" - at least, socially.

Same principle probably applies- still children - but now treated as adults under the law.

Ordo N-11 likes this.
  16. Thrawn1786

Thrawn1786 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 8, 2004
    Back in the early days of this thread (or the original-I'm old), usually people picked either Jason Isaacs or Jeremy Irons for Thrawn.

Iron_lord likes this.
  17. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Yup your old, just like me :p

For some reason I cannot picture either of those options now. But they sound really familiar. . .

As for age, yes it works out to something like 15 1/3 years or some such at 12, but I thought it was 13, still only 16 1/2 years of age. Then again one has to consider that if they have a form of 'flash training' similar to what was used on the clones, most people could learn what they need to in a relatively short amount of time. What would take longer, or most of the school is creating the pathways of how to properly put what one has learned into practice. Since they don't have to worry about a school system filled with alien minds it would be a relatively simplistic adaptation to put into practice.

Thrawn1786 likes this.
  18. neila_nuruodo

Aug 3, 2002
    Another thing to consider is physical maturity vs mental maturity vs emotional maturity. Humans become physically mature in that they can reproduce around 13-16(ish), or you could say physically mature is fully grown around 18-20. Mentally mature is a bit harder to pin down, but I'd say sometime in the early 20s is when the logic circuits are fully developed. Now, emotional maturity is the hardest one and is completely individual. Some people never reach emotional maturity, some people get there before they leave their teens.

As far as the Chiss thing, I don't know that they ever pinned down what kind of maturity they reached at 12. I tend to agree with what Iron_lord says and assume it's from a legal standpoint. Of course, you can do wharever you want with it, really. Creative interpretation and all that.

As far as the length of year thing, looks to me like your math checks out. Also, I hadn't known that about the length of their year. This gives me an idea...

Iron_lord likes this.
  19. Csillan_girl

Csillan_girl Jedi Master star 5

May 6, 2003
    Anyone still here? :)

20. Dameron

Dameron Jedi Master star 4

Apr 8, 2014
    Maybe we need to start a new Thrawn Memorial Thread?

[​IMG]

21. Csillan_girl

Csillan_girl Jedi Master star 5

May 6, 2003
    Forever canon in our hearts, that's great!

Oh my, I was seriously angry when I heard this...

22. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    As was I. I hope if they decide to mine Thrawn for any uses that they at least consult the author so that he doesn't become a Grievous or tCW atrocity.

23. neila_nuruodo

Aug 3, 2002
    Do I even want to know exactly what prompted this? I haven't been following the Ep VII news because it alternately gives me false hope or makes me angry/sad.

Yeah, I'm basically sitting here with my fingers in my ears. Lalala, I can't hear what you're doing to my favoritr stories! :p

24. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    They shoved them all to a cancelled alternate universe, Legends.

25. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    I am ignoring all I can beyond Legends. That one has started hitting bookshelfs at local bookstores so hard to miss. Kinda nice because I can see which books are moving and being restocked and which ones are not :p