main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Thrawn Fans Unite !!!!! (v 2.0)

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Lordban, Apr 5, 2001.

1. neila_nuruodo

neila_nuruodo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    That's crapola. Needless to say, only the true EU will have a place in my heart. I mean, unless they just mean to fix the stuff that needs fixing, like Crystal Star and such...but somehow I doubt it.

That's fine, though. The denial is strong with this one. :p

Csillan_girl and Mitth_Fisto like this.
  2. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Apparently The Crystal Star got a fix, of sorts - the Jedi Academy video game series, which makes Hethrir a much more interesting villain.

Or So I Heard, at least.

3. neila_nuruodo

neila_nuruodo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    If you really think about it, this whole thing is a bit ridiculous. It's all a bunch of made-up stories (even if they feel so real to us), and then someone comes along and says, "well, this made up story is real but I decided that this other made up story is fake and doesn't fit so I'm kicking it out."

Or am I just getting old and jaded? [face_worried]

4. Csillan_girl

Csillan_girl Jedi Master star 5

May 6, 2003
    No, because it's a bunch of stories we hold dear. :(

neila_nuruodo likes this.
  5. Tala Que

Tala Que Jedi Knight

Mar 15, 2013

Man, I seriously wish that George Lucas had decided to put him in ROTS. Then there would still be hope that he would return, either in the ST or Rebels.

6. SiouxFan

SiouxFan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 6, 2012
    Seeing him in Rebels would be awesome! Maybe it'd cure Caanan of some of his angst!

Nyota's Heart and Amon_Amarth like this.
  7. Joseon194

Joseon194 Jedi Youngling

Nov 1, 2015
    the word "canon" in the Star Wars universe should not exist. I mean... did anyone honestly care when disney announced that all the EU stuff is part of the Legends canon? I didnt and why? because much like how nintendo tried to tie in all the Zelda games into a timeline, theres too much **** to piece together. Canon is what you make it. No amount of EU stuff in Rebels or even the upcoming movies is gonna change that. My canon is that the events of Thrawn still happened and 25 years later Episode VII happened. Its such a big span of time that it really means little in the long run.

Bardan Edit: Disallowed word

8. Darth Dobrolous

Darth Dobrolous Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 7, 2016
    Thrawn is great. One cool mofo.

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Thrawn oh yes. Yes. The penultimate adversary!!! =D= =D= Brilliant but not infallible. What also helped is there weren't 3+ ahthors trying to get the character right. :p

TheZaxanator and SiouxFan like this.
  10. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    Who/What is the ultimate adversary?

11. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Now we're talking! I doubt that they would actually roll with it. It was a perfect chance to introduce Mara if they intended to keep the best EU characters in the Disney!canon, but nothing thus far. Both she and Thrawn would increase my interest in the series 10-fold. It's only season 2 though, an its a tad more interesting (imo) now that there are some more familiar characters, like the Leia episode.

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  12. SiouxFan

Mar 6, 2012
    ^^^ There are So-o-o-o many characters that Disney should use, but won't because they don't want to 'confuse' us. At least they used Augywenne (I totally spelled that wrong) in one of the Dathomir episodes. IMO, Rebels is let down by bad writing...and I totally missed the Leia episode! Must check DVR!

13. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Source?

14. SiouxFan

Mar 6, 2012
    Oh gosh.....I cannot remember. Season one? Or maybe I'm confusing it with a 'Clone Wars' episode? Nope, I'm pretty sure it's 'Rebels'...Anyway, there's definitely an episode where they travel to Dathomir and end up meeting members of the Singing Mountain Clan and with Augwynne specifically. I thought that was pretty cool.

15. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Are you sure you're not thinking of the novel The Last Jedi? I'm pretty certain that's the only story set in the post-ROTS pre-ANH period that mentions Augwynne and the Singing Mountain clan.

16. SiouxFan

Mar 6, 2012
    I very well might be! Sorry!

17. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
  18. Joseon194

Joseon194 Jedi Youngling

Nov 1, 2015
  19. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    What was there bad to say about it to start?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Joseon194

Joseon194 Jedi Youngling

Nov 1, 2015

Well it just seemed so... formulaic and predictable. you know the typical "good guys against bad guys and good guys always win." I'm of course talking about season 1. I will admit that there were many moments in season 1 that were memorable such as Tarkin and his whole arc and the introduction for vader in the season finale. Season 2 was better because you actually see conflict within Ezra now as he may be tempted by the dark side by the season 2 finale and in season 3.

21. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    One can only hope, what with the mid season trailer(!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    Been reading TTT again and Thrawn is just as awesome as I remember.

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  23. ObiWanKnowsMe

ObiWanKnowsMe Jedi Master star 4

Sep 7, 2015
    Just ordered the Thrawn trilogy off of Amazon. I personally loved TFA but I also want to see how things went post-ROTJ in the EU and I've heard great things about it. Im looking forward to all 3 books getting here soon. Is the Thrawn trilogy as good as people say, in your opinion?(looking for replies from anyone) Im looking forward to reading and entering the EU for the first time!:)

24. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    The Zahn books are generally highly acclaimed, but if they turn out not to be your style, we'll be happy to help direct you to other options. (And if you love them, we'll help with that, too!)

25. ObiWanKnowsMe

ObiWanKnowsMe Jedi Master star 4

Sep 7, 2015
    They are going to be arriving tomorrow and I am very anxious to open it up and begin reading. I have a feeling Im gonna love it. So I suppose you're a fan of the Thrawn trilogy?