main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Thrawn Fans Unite !!!!! (v 2.0)

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Lordban, Apr 5, 2001.

1. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Interesting question and I tend to agree; more Thrawn is always good. Which is why I still haven't made up my mind about the characters I love from Legends being in NEU, like Mara Jade. Of course, I don't want characters to be in-name-only, but to retain their old personalities and themes that accompanied them. A solution like MCU did using various known characters for a new cinematic universe would have been ideal, but I think that ship has sailed for Disney's SW.

NEU hasn't impressed me (so far!), except Bloodline. IMHO, it needs more familiar characters instead of brand new ones, and more higher stakes plots. Re-introducing Thrawn to SW could really spark my interest. That is, like you've said, assuming the writers don't butcher him.

2. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Rebels has caught my eye thanks to the intrigue about the Sith on Malachor, and I have very much enjoyed the novel entries so far but yes; it has been tame, but that is largely because, in my eyes, we have the broad strokes of the story being told in the films, not the books or comics anymore. The films push the time line on again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Darth Aphrodite

Darth Aphrodite Jedi Master star 3

Jun 17, 2015
  4. Darth Aphrodite

Jun 17, 2015
    Seeing as this is the home for all things dinner I'd like to take the chance and ask the large collective fan base who the perfect love interest for Thrawn is, I mean sure he's evil but he still needs a little romance in his life :)

5. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Hm, in Outbound flight Maris has a crush on him thats for shure.
    Theres also some hints that his 2nd in commands are more than loyal to him.
    I mean Pellaeon said that he would gladly give his life for Thrawn wich shows Thrawn really means something to him, he also overcame his racism through Thrawn.

I think Thrawn personaly is like Sherlock Holmes not very interested in romantic relationships.
    He is "married to his job" and to his cause to stop the Vong.

6. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    You're probably right. I hope the written media take a bigger, bolder role in storytelling once Ep IX is done, though. There are a lot of stories to tell, yet I'm not so sure about having Star Wars films raining from the sky like its nothing. ;) The films used to be something special. Something you wait a long time for. It kept the magic alive, at least for me. Afraid there might be too much of a good thing that could lead to oversaturation - similar thing is happening with the MCU, as far as comments from cinema-goers during CA: Civil War are any indication.

Oh dear. The first mental image when I read your post was: Thrawn as Benedict Cumberbatch, going "I am fire, I am death."
    Aaaaand, I its time to quit the internet and go to sleep. xD

NostalgiaFan likes this.
  7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    This is a fact. As for a love interest for Thrawn, [face_dancing] I have an answer for that LOL It involves a long-running epic in Saga Legends with an OC who resonates with me so huge I had to add her to my username [face_laugh] She is complex, gifted, brilliant, empathetic, and very very resilient. [face_love]

Sinrebirth likes this.
  8. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
  9. neila_nuruodo

neila_nuruodo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 3, 2002

I do think he's portrayed as being married to his job, which kinda breaks my heart. That said, I'm writing a story where I'm setting him up with Shepard from Mass Effect :D

10. Darth Aphrodite

Jun 17, 2015

Just so bloody brilliant :)

11. neila_nuruodo

Aug 3, 2002

Hmm, so it does, so it does....

Darth Aphrodite, I'm flattered that you think so. I like the pairing because Shepard is more boots on the ground, tactical brilliance, where his is more on the strategic level (though he certainly can work on the tactical level as well!). They aren't practically the same person, so I don't think they'd rub each other wrong or come off as unrealistically similar. They're both very strong, commanding personalities, which gives them both common ground and potential for conflict. Anyway, maybe I'll finish that story sometime in the next year :p

Interestingly, I've been listening to the musical Hamilton a lot recently and can't help but notice a lot of similarities between Hamilton and Thrawn. There's one song where Hamilton's wife is begging him to take a break and go upstate for the summer and he's like, I'm too busy, sorry. It's not exactly the same, but there are a lot of intriguing parallels.

Oh, and, um..... **begin brag**

I got a science fiction short story published in Analog!!!

**end brag**

12. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Congrats!

13. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Fantastic!

Sinrebirth likes this.
  14. neila_nuruodo

Aug 3, 2002
    Thanks, I'm quite proud and excited. I happened to read somewhere that Zahn has been published in that one as well, that left me quite tickled :D

So I was randomly wondering how Thrawn would look in a suit and tie. A couple google searches have turned up... nothing. Well, lots of pictures in uniform but none in a suit. So now I need someone who's good at art to do it for me! Even just a sketch will do. I'm willing to trade fanfic for it :p

And speaking of fanfic, I've actually published a bit more Thrawn fic on ff.net. Should I bother to do it here? I never really liked the idea of doing it on boards, I like the format of ff.net better. But I know some people don't use it. Opinions?

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  15. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    Thrawn in a suit and a tie? I imagine it would look elegant. Then again, Thrawn would probably look superior and elegant wearing a jute sack.

16. neila_nuruodo

Aug 3, 2002
    Well, that is basically what he was wearing when Parck found him. Slightly more tailored but still. I just want to know how it would look...do we have any resident artists that hang around here nowadays?

I miss Vana's adorable pictures *pout*

17. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    If there is indeed someone who can make it artistically done, you have my republic credits / € / bitcoin. ;)

Sinrebirth likes this.
  18. neila_nuruodo

Aug 3, 2002
    Agreed. Wish I had money for a comission, but at the moment I'd have to pay in favors :p

So a friend introduced me to the song "Blue Lips" by Regina Spektor and I'm obsessed with it now. Not just because of Thrawn, mind you, I believe it's more about sadness than Chiss, but every time I listen it makes me think of Thrawn too. It's soft, mostly piano (and accompaniment), very sad, very pretty. *sigh* :D

Sinrebirth likes this.
  19. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    [​IMG]

Coming 2017!

Oh and he's in Rebels season 3 by the way(!)

20. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    I knew he'd be cannon! :D

NostalgiaFan likes this.
  21. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Well, this is interesting...

The Rebels worst fears come to life next season it look's like.

22. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    *Does the Thrawn happy dance*
    *Thrawn kills me because he has insight into my art*

23. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    I always knew that they would add him and that the novel is written by Zahn gives me hope.
    But on the other Hand they also called Palapatine Sheev and turned Jacen Solo into an, "Evil is cool!", Darth Vader Fanboy, so I fear a bit what they make of Thrawn.

Amon_Amarth and NostalgiaFan like this.
  24. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Well Disney didn't do that to Jacen. They did however erase him so...

BigAl6ft6 and Anedon like this.
  25. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    I know, but when you google Jacen Solo today you will find a lot fanart and discussions for Kylo.