main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Thrawn Fans Unite !!!!! (v 2.0)

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Lordban, Apr 5, 2001.

1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    True true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anedon likes this.
  2. James T Kirk

James T Kirk Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 22, 2015

So freaking happy!!!! There is a part of me that his character may be tarnished in the Disney Universe, but that part is overwhelmed by excitement at having the second greatest Star Wars villain return. It also leads me to hope that Mara will be reintroduced as well!

3. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
  4. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    So, Thrawn has pupils now, eh? I wonder what the decision behind that was. I guess if he just had red orbs for eye it would be harder to emote. Also it looks like he has forehead ridges a bit too.

5. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    He looks to have faint pupils & irises in this old SW Insider pic as well (looks better if you actually go in, since the image comes out a bit small here):

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Grand_Admiral_Thrawn_(article)

[​IMG]

6. neila_nuruodo

neila_nuruodo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    Yeah, sadly, artists have been messing it up basically since the beginning. :rolleyes:

I have to say, though, I kinda hope that picture isn't a finalized cover. It looks a bit weird... fuzzy, heh. He is NOT fuzzy.

Glad they finally brought back the only reason I'm still into Star Wars though :p

NostalgiaFan and Sinrebirth like this.
  7. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    To bring on board Zahn is so respectful of Legends though - I'm really pleased

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. neila_nuruodo

Aug 3, 2002
    That is true, and gives me hope :)

NostalgiaFan and Sinrebirth like this.
  9. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Saxton's theory was that the eye's don't actually glow - they're either unusually reflective, or fluorescent:

http://www.theforce.net/swtc/humans.html

All of the Chiss observed to date have pale blue skin, black hair, and red eyes. The eyes are sometimes described as being luminous, but it would be more realistic to suppose that the skin of the eye has a highly reflective sheen or is flourescent in red light.

10. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Of course, Thrawn has pupils. It was speculated that the Hand of Thrawn was a student, so it makes sense for him to have pupils. :p

11. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    I'd happily replace the Rogue One poster we got given by Kathleen Kennedy at SWCE panel for a poster of pure Chiss majesty that is the cover of that book!

I spy with my red Chiss eye what you did there, Viking. :p

PCCViking likes this.
  12. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    If Thrawn shows up in the movies, I want him played by Benedict Cumberbatch.

What do you guys think?

Anedon likes this.
  13. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    I would say Mark Gatiss Thrawn is more Mycroft than Sherlock. :)

Davak24 likes this.
  14. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    Possibly....

I bring this up because Cumberbatch did play another admiral in another franchise that has Star in the title too. ;)

15. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    Batch of Cucumbers is everywhere these days. I'd want someone special.
    Considering the brother of Mads Mikkelsen (Lars Mikkelsen) is voicing Thrawn in Rebels, and he does have a certain serious yet cool look about him, he could in theory do well on screen. Which would make it very entertaining because Mads is now in Rogue One, so SW would become sort of a family business. :p

[​IMG]

16. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Well well, I guess we know what it takes to get me to post in EUC again :p

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

Sinrebirth and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  17. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Complete speculation, Zhan's book is called "Thrawn" and while Zhan fleshed out Thrawn's backstory over multiple installments and various books, he didn't really do a top to bottom biography style story of Thrawn. So I'd wager this novel would sorta be that, laying out his entire backstory (which is probably really likely to be very similar to his Legends backstory) probably right up to his appearance in Rebels.

I have to admit, I never quite thought of Thrawn having a non-English speaking accent but it actually kind of works since he's (probably still) an alien from the far-flung reaches of the galaxy, makes him more exoitc and unknowable.

18. neila_nuruodo

Aug 3, 2002
    I could be wrong, but I thought he had learned a Coruscanti accent.

I would be quite interested to see backstory fleshed out. Or at least learn where Disney has deigned to place him in their special playground...

19. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    He did. But both in TCW and Rebels, Filoni likes to play with accent for various aliens, so that's probably why he had made Thrawn have one. Hopefully, his background will be explained in the book.
    Zahn's involvement is the only thing giving me hope here.

20. Evil Incarnate

Evil Incarnate Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 18, 2003
    Can't believe they're actually bringing back Thrawn, let alone Zahn! This is a dream come true.

Evil.

Amon_Amarth and Mikaboshi like this.
  21. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    Indeed it is, are you back for an extended stay? The NSO is active these days and would welcome your presence.

22. neila_nuruodo

Aug 3, 2002

Agreed! :D

23. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    Exactly what a jolly Thrawn cosplayer told me on Saturday. ^^ I had to give him a huge hug despite Celebration's do-not-touch-the-cosplayers rule. :p

Sinrebirth likes this.
  24. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I am so pumped to have Thrown be back in Canon. To bad Filoni confirmed that Mara would not be in the show. Although that might not be a bad thing since chances are much of Mara's story would have to change completely. I also hope that Zahn does not do a complete rehash with thrawn in his book and change his backstory a bit.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  25. Evil Incarnate

Evil Incarnate Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 18, 2003
    I also think that mara is too young to be in the show. She'd be like 13 or something.

Evil.