main
side
curve

Fanclub Thrawn Fans Unite !!!!! (v 2.0)

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Lordban, Apr 5, 2001.

1. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Force Ghost star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Yeah, I like the two stories I am wanting at once. But having both as full separate tales would be preferable.

Still going to geek over this though ;)

2. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    The new novel will likely follow a similar style to the previous book / Thrawn comic, in that it goes through different time periods. Ahsoka was similar. I do miss proper series / trilogies as in the Legends days which were definitely more dynamic. Titular character novels/comics are a bit too fillery for my taste. But still, it's Zahn.

Jedi Knight Fett and Mitth_Fisto like this.
  3. Christus Regnet

Christus Regnet Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 10, 2016
    Haven't read the new novel, but for me, what I liked most about the original thrawn trilogy were all the characters besides thrawn, and the story.

Such as:
    -Talon Karde, and his "associates" like Mara, Ghent, Aves, Dankin, the Vornskers, Niles Ferrier and his Devil(De fel), Mazzic, Gillespee, etc.
    I can't believe I'm remembering all these names.

-The Nohgri, particularly Khabarak "You are the Malary'ush. The Lady Vaderrrr!"

-Joruus C'Baoth. A very interesting and entertaining character, especially his interactions with Thrawn and/or Palleon, and Luke(when Luke tries to be his apprentice). It's so much fun to read this guy's scenes.

Thrawn himself gets on my nerves.
    Thrawn- "It's all a ruse. The Rebels will attack Billbringi!"
    Pelleon- "Sir, I find that incredibly unlikely, sir"
    Thrawn- It's just a hunch Captain, but I've studied Mon Calamari art! And I know my creator Mr. Zahn, he never let's me down."
    Pelleon(spell?) can get a little tiresome as well, even though I really like him in later book series.

I'm just not fond of the stiff super genius imperial commanders like Thrawn, or Tarkin. I like them more than the likes of Borsk Fey'lya, Mon Mothma, or Bel Iblis, but that's not high praise.

Amon_Amarth and Mitth_Fisto like this.
  4. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 3, 2016
    Has anyone preordered the new novel?

5. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Force Ghost star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Never do. I wait for them come out and then decide to get them on the new release hard cover sale or wait for paper back. (Yes I know there are digital copies, but my Star Wars collection has so far stayed perpetually paper. I just enjoy reading them that way more and the feel and surround of books has a quality that just. . .is illogically preferable.)

PCCViking and Jedi Knight Fett like this.
  6. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Host, PT Interview Thread star 10 VIP - Game Host

Feb 18, 2014
    I haven’t pre ordered it, but I might.

Iron_lord likes this.
  7. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    [​IMG]

:p

Jedi Knight Fett and Mitth_Fisto like this.
  8. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Host, PT Interview Thread star 10 VIP - Game Host

Feb 18, 2014
    It’s not the Jedi way! :p

Iron_lord and PCCViking like this.
  9. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Well, Yoda did say do or do not. :p

10. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Agreed. Thrawn was a fantastic villain, but his role was interesting largely because he worked opposite intriguing, quirky, and well-developed characters.
    I miss Ghent! And of course, the one and only Mara.

Nope. With NEU, I'm waiting to read the reviews. Pre-ordered Thrawn last year; it was fun, but less exciting/Zahn-y than I expected. Had I read the reviews I would have waited until the paperback was out. Same with Cobalt Squadron. I loved the Tico sisters and I picked up the book the day after the premiere, but it turned out to be a forgettable filler.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2018