main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Thrawn in Rebels

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by TtheForceHurts, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Looks like Mara Jade and Prince Xizor there as well.

Darth Valkyrus likes this.
  2. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    How do you people see this ****. I'm just sitting here all like
    [​IMG]

3. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    Mara Jade? As the makers of the ST are free to ignore the EU, I doubt they'll include Mara Jade. Nor do the ST makers have to worry abiotic continuity with the TV series--just the opposite. So, a Mara Jade who never has any relation with Luke? Who would accept it. Thrown and Xizor are safe.

4. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I'd take spy Mara Jade if it meant I couldn't have Mrs. Skywalker. As great a foil as she was to Luke, I'd still love to see her as an operative of the Empire.

BigAl6ft6 and Padme501st like this.
  5. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    I'm really struggling to spot characters on that giant picture.

Mara Jade would be questionable inclusion; many EU fans won't accept it - if it means she never appears in the ST timeline and doesn't marry Luke.

6. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    There's always a bit of truth in legends. Maybe people in the galaxy thought that Luke married a fiery redheaded former Imperial agent sent to kill him, an Emperor's Hand named Mara Jade. Didn't nescesarly make it so. Look at all the rumors and legends that go around in real life about certain individuals and their supposed doings.

BigAl6ft6 and Darth Basin like this.
  7. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    Why do you guys think a character's inclusion on that poster indicates anything? To paraphrase Pablo, they're not giving the licensed artists any great advanced knowledge on these things. LFL didn't give up the rights to any of those characters when they de-canonized them. ACME has licensed pictures of Darth Talon for sale too. Doesn't mean she's showing up in ep. IX.

8. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Last year Celebration poster had Luke in it. He didn't appear in Season 2.

Wouldn't read too much into it, to be honest.

9. weezer

May 16, 2001
    The same artist had a print at celebration last year that had characters from Droids in it. Jord Dusat hasn't shown up in rebels either. :p

10. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    To be fair, we're only a couple of years into the new canon, maybe give them time. Admiral Screed has (re)become canon back in SW: Tarkin.

Darth Caliban likes this.
  11. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    I will come back to this thread and laugh at weezer when Darth Talon shows up in IX. :p

12. weezer

May 16, 2001
    Either way it isn't going to be because of what a licensed artists selling prints at celebration did or didn't put in his painting.

13. RedVad

RedVad Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 29, 2012
    You put Thrawn or any of these fan favorite characters in the show and they'll write stories where they get made fools of by the mary sue Ghost crew.

Be careful what you wish for.

14. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    Or maybe where they decimate them and trash the nascent rebellion. Remember S2 ended on a down note. Ahsoka MIA, Kanan blinded, Ezra about to turn to the Dark Side, Darth Maul on the loose to start raising cain again, the Empire holding the cards... it can only get darker from here. A storyline calling for a thorough hammering of the Rebels by the Empire would be a great time to showcase Thrawn as the guy to do it.

15. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I'm just counting down the days tell next saturday at this point.

16. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    I would argue the complete opposite. Watching the Inquistors buzzing around on there Helisabers was hardly dark, it was more laugh out loud ridiculous.
    Leaving aside the deliberately ambiguous ending, Ahsoka (and her 5 minutes of screen time during the course of the show) storyline was completely separate from the Ghost Crew and had minimal impact on them. It's why most of them weren't even in the finale.
    Kanan getting blinded meh, it's pointless if all he is going to do is become Daredevil.
    As for Ezra, he's the main character of a Disney cartoon. The idea of turning him fully dark while nice I see as very unlikely. More like he's tempted for an episode before turning good again. Thereby making Yoda look an idiot and cheapening Vaders return but hey I doubt Disney cares.

Thrawn as a character seems more like with Maul and Rex and Yoda and Ahsoka and Lando and Leia and Vader and Tarkin and Bail and Hondo and 3P0 and R2 and Lando again as just another character thrown in to cover for the fact the Ghost crew just aren't very interesting on there own.

17. Darthur C. Clarke

Darthur C. Clarke Jedi Master star 3

Jul 8, 2016
    Probably be completely wrong here, but anyone going back to the Benicio Del Toro rumors of Thrawn and adding them to the possible inclusion of Rebels characters in other Star Wars Movies? I hope Thrawn is in the reveals from Celebration!!

18. bdh1138

bdh1138 Jedi Master star 2

Feb 24, 2015
  19. Nerdman3000

Nerdman3000 Jedi Master

Feb 28, 2012
    Darth Caliban and Darth Valkyrus like this.
  20. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
  21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Can we get rid of the "?" Mom this thread? :p

22. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    As much as I believe he is coming to Rebels, there is always a very small chance he isn't. In three days we'll know anyways.

darklordoftech likes this.
  23. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I am joking of course

By the way I meant Mark not mom

24. Zillobeast

Zillobeast Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 6, 2016
    If Thrawn does appear in Rebels, who do you think should voice him?

25. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    Peter Cullen.