main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Thrawn in Rebels

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by TtheForceHurts, Jan 29, 2016.

1. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    Actually, looking back at the trailer I realized there are a couple blatant references to some of Thrawn's old tactics. Dropping an ISD out of hyperspace directly in front of the enemy? I remember Thrawn doing that a lot in the TTT by coordinating ship hyperspace vectors with Interdictors. Dave Filoni apparently knows some of the tactics used in TTT, as Ashoka pulls a Marg Sabl maneuver in the Clone Wars (A maneuver that happens in the very first chapter of Heir to the Empire).

I think one way they're going to make Thrawn believable as a highly competent adversary will be for him to score big points on other rebel groups. It sounds like Cham Syndulla's rebel cell gets decimated by Thrawn. I'd put money on the Rebels loosing Chopper Base at some point this season as well. Their Quasar Fire-class will probably get destroyed at some point, as well as most of the capital ships... but the Empire simply is not equipped to deal with smaller ships and starfighters. Hence the Ghost and company can escape, while the rest of the fleet burns.

2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I really do hope they touch on him being an alien and what that I tails in the empire.

3. R.D.

R.D. Jedi Master star 3

Nov 26, 2015
    They didn't with the Inquisitors. The Empire's xenophobia has been downplayed somewhat in the New EU.

V-2 likes this.
  4. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Filoni blatantly said Heir is where he got it from.

DaddlerTheDalek likes this.
  5. Jedi Older Code

Jedi Older Code Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2014
  6. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I don't have time to look through 21 pages so sorry if somebody have pointed this out - Thrawn seems to be wearing eye-shadow; what do people think about that? Personally I like it and hope they continue with it.

7. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Nope, you're the first. :)

And no, I imagine it's just how his face looks.

8. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Eye shadow??

9. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I did mention the Cabin Fever desease...it looks like his eyes were bleeding out or something. :p

10. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004
  11. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Q: Can you give us any hints about the story and what readers will learn in the new book?
    Thrawn will span several years of the Star Wars timeline, beginning with his first encounter with the Empire and ending just before the opening of Rebels Season 3.

12. Biel Ductavis

Biel Ductavis Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2015
    Would be great if they bring back Outbound Flight and maybe new versions of the dangerous Threads in the Unknown Regions.

The Vagaari were a bit of a letdown.

Edit: Maybe there are also Yuuzhan Vong Bases in the UE...

13. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    The thing is, it wasn't just art that he studied, it was the history and culture of that species, as well.

14. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    The trailer focus on Thrawn's eyes at 3:11; it show him having red markings below his eyes. I mistakenly called it eye-shadow since I don't know the correct term for that application of makeup (was that right terminology).

15. Darth Wookiee

Darth Wookiee Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    So, at the panel, did they explain why he has pupils?

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  16. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    Could it be the glow from his red eyes?

17. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    and why they don't glow?

Darth Wookiee likes this.
  18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Thrown has Pupils because it's easier for animators to emote a character with pupils

19. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016

No, he does have black eyeliner & red eye shadow under his eyes, to make him look more sinister. I googled eye makeup lol.

20. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    While it does look like eyeliner, I highly doubt that's what it actually is. I know where Gamiel is coming from and yeah, Thrawn has zero reason to wear any sort of makeup or war paint.

darklordoftech likes this.
  21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Its something they just decided to add to the Chiss Species and who really cares?

22. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Zero reason? For all we know about now canon Thrawn eye makeup could be something religious/cultural for him, something biological (like many species of birds) or just there to make him feel pretty.

23. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    [face_rofl]

24. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    It's not in old!Thrawn's character to do so, so there's a very good chance it's not in new!Thrawn's character to do so either. As i said before, it's most likely a little biological trait the character designers added simply for effect.

25. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Possibly, but old!Thrawn was not having his uniforms stolen by GrandAdmiralJello until after the battle of Yavin while new!Thrawn already has to guard his wardrobe from self-proclaimed grand admirals. Everything is possible, he could not even be chiss but f.ex. a pantoran with some kind of eye sickness.