main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Thrawn in Rebels

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by TtheForceHurts, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    So Is Cad Bane Chiss? Have we figured that one out yet? :p

2. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    Cad Bane is a Duros. :p

3. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Yes. It is hereby declared that chiss is the name of a duros sub-group and Cad Bane belong to them and Thrawn is not a chiss in the new!canon.

:p

4. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I like the idea that the Chiss are an ancient spacefaring species and that humans, Duros, and Pantorans are all descendents of the Chiss.

Darth Caliban and Gamiel like this.
  5. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    Maybe red contrasting straight to blue has some sort of technical problems regarding lighting/strobing/aliasing or something too, but it's probably just an aesthetic choice. These new Chiss are kind of Star Trek looking, what with the lumps on the face and all that. It suits the style of Rebels though.

I'll need a little time for his voice to grow on me but I'm pretty excited to be having Thrawn on-screen. Will he survive to the next season? Will DF have Ahsoka kill him? :p

6. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    So I have a theory on why Thrawn needs to survive

So in the book Aftermath:life debt there is one Super Star Destroyer with the other "destroyed" but almost certainly not. And I believe that it would be amazing if Thrawn was the commander of the Eclipse SSD.

So that's why I hope he survives.

Master_Rebado likes this.
  7. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    I would find it very hard to believe that Hux commands Thrawn.

DaddlerTheDalek, Twain and V-2 like this.
  8. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014

Would he? Was there ever an indication that Hux was in charge of more than just Starkiller Base? I know he communicates with Snoke and works with Kylo Ren, but I would imagine Snoke is in contact with other high ranking First Order officers, even if we don't see it.

9. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    A gentle reminder that spoilers from a recently released book need to be under tags for a few weeks after that book's release. Please and thank you.

10. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Damn I always forget the spoiler policy on books. Sorry about that.

11. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Then this version of Thrawn would have to be very different but at the same time very much the same - he still cannot defeat the Rebel Alliance which makes him really just pretty much the same. Thrawn kept getting defeated even in the Zahn books(and was set back by Lando of all people early on), so even if he's retained in canon he's not likely to fare any better let alone be a mysterious savior-like Admiral that comes out've nowhere and saves the Empire that simply does not exist in new canon from the works already put out. The crucial part of Thrawn's early victories largely relied upon the New Republic's own squabbling and slow to act response, a surprise attack, a clone(not to be confused with Jango clones) army in storage, the miraculous Katana fleet of 200 Dreadnaught class Heavy Cruisers and cloaking device and plus a madman Dark Jedi that was kinda similar to Count Dooku and Kahn from Star Trek. Hux is the Tarkin of TFA timeline according to the books and what was seen in the movie, even if there is other FO old former Imperial big wig brass that are around serving Supreme Leader Snoke, it does not explain why Grand Admiral Thrawn was not the supreme leader nor that none of the Imperials were ever able stop the Alliance before or after ROTJ if Thrawn was around - it was just one military defeat after the other followed by the Imperialist having to do a mass exodus out into the unknown space and sign a further humiliating armistice with the New Republic. Another way I would look at it is Thrawn must be extremely ineffective & dumb if he's under Snoke never mind the clown Hux. The big thing they came up with was another Death Star that would sneak attack the Republic fleet and hit other targets around the galaxy whether tactical targets or just simply terrorist targets to assume control of the Galaxy. The FO is still a smaller outfit than the Imperial military. The idea that Thrawn that for the past what, 40 years that could not defeat the Rebel Alliance and that it took a Starkiller base's superweapon weapon to destroy the New Republic great parked fleet from afar rather than the great mind of Thrawn with a new compliment of FO Star Destroyer's and better troopers is just really bad storytelling or this Thrawn isnt that great either.

CnlSandersdeKFC and fett 4 like this.
  12. Biel Ductavis

Biel Ductavis Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2015
    Or as i said before, Snoke is just Thrawn's new less insane version of C'Baoth and he isn't so much troubled about the loss of Starkiller Base because it wasn't really important for their long term plan...

13. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I was at Celebration this weekend, and though I wasn't at the Rebels panel ( :( ), I did watch it live streamed by the Star Wars Show stage. When the season 3 trailer was showing and we got the reveal of Thrawn, everyone there just went nuts! It was an amazing experience to be a part of, and one of the most memorable moments I had at Celebration! It was awesome!
    Andi Gutierrez from Rebels Recon actually started crying when she saw the fan reaction.

I'm a huge Thrawn fan, and have been so ever since I first read Heir to the Empire back in 1995 (when it was first released in Sweden - I was nine at the time). I'm so incredibly excited that he's back in canon, and that he'll be in Rebels. I think Lars Mikkelsen is a very good actor, and even though he wouldn't be my top choice of actor for Thrawn, it'll be interesting to hear what he'll bring to the character.

One thing I'm not sure has been discussed here yet, is the fact that Thrawn appears to be on Coruscant in the trailer. Look out the windows in the wide shot of him:

[​IMG]

14. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004
    ^^

On Thrawns desk in left of pic is that the face mask Kanan wore after being blinded?

Iron_lord likes this.
  15. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    Look like it. Also i think he's in the old Jedi Temple.

16. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Looks to me more like the Jedi Temple Guard mask.

17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I can attest to the crowd going crazy even more so at the actually panel to the point you could barely understand the rest of the trailer. Definitely the best moment of my time with Starwars.

18. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    Same thing. Kanan wears a Jedi Temple Guard mask for a time after being blinded. We saw this in the finale.

FTFY :cool:

Master_Rebado likes this.
  19. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
  20. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012

He is, the Tarkin novel revealed that Palpatine took possession of the Jedi Temple and it now serves as the Imperial Palace.

21. queenofhollywood

queenofhollywood Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 11, 2015
    Random: I just realized we may get a Thrawn action figure. I know. I'm slow. But EEP!

22. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    We've already had a couple... The one in '98 was a nice basic figure, the only real downsides for me were his skin was VERY pale, and he had a weird little slug of a ysalamiri that just wrapped around his neck (sucking out his bodily fluids, most likely, since it wasn't attached to a nutrient frame like the book said was absolutely necessary). Then there was a Comic Pack figure, but they used a piece of art for reference that had the wrong type of uniform, tho otherwise the figure was pretty nice. He had a more interesting ysalamiri, but again it clung to him, slurping out his blood, because they neglected to put in a nutrient frame.

Now we're likely to get a 5POA figure perhaps, even less articulation than the '98 one (tho it'll probably look good), and maaaaaybe a 6" Black Series figure, but that's a big maybe. One that seems certain, tho, is a Lego minifig! That'll be great to see, tho it may take a year or two for them to catch up to Season 3 sets at the rate they're going.

23. Sixes

Sixes Jedi Master star 2

Apr 5, 2016
    I mean Filoni did say that he and Lucas had a discussion about the Ysalamiri and decided they were not in the new canon. Personally i would like if they towed down his obsession with "Art" as well. I mean he did mention it in the trailer but hopefully his superpower in art critic/analysis is more "believable" or at least less Bond super villain-esc on the show.

24. Rax

Rax Jedi Master star 3

May 1, 2015

Well, Hux is a general and in the high command. If Thrawn appears in the movies, he will most likely still be Admiral or Grand Admiral or something, either equal or higher than Hux.

25. Biel Ductavis

Biel Ductavis Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2015
    I believe he's either one of the founders of the FO or he defected to the NR.

Warning, possible spoilers for Episode VIII:

One of the spoiler sites for Episode VIII said that Del Toro plays an high ranking Republic officer...

https://iwasraisedtodoonething.com/2016/07/07/the-down-low-on-del-toro/