main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Thrawn in Rebels

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by TtheForceHurts, Jan 29, 2016.

1. The Mirificus

The Mirificus Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 25, 2015
    I'd like to see him not be bested by Our Heroes, but be a victim of his own success. Follow up on the issue of civilian casualities and how this is motivating more and more ordinary people to see the Empire as a true evil, and not something they can simply tolerate as they go about their daily lives. Thrawn could also be a mutual enemy drawing Rebel groups together, e.g. Ryloth and Phoenix squadron.

2. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    I kind of like the idea, but I'd like it even better if at some point Thrawn and Kallus maybe pointed out how deploying a master tactician like Thrawn against a civilian insurgency while using the Empire's usual objectives for victory (utter destruction of any rebellious element) is going to require Thrawn to use tactics with massive collateral damage. And maybe even Thrawn is aware it's a self-replicating problem where his only hope of final victory is to embrace Palpatine and Tarkin's idea that you can force a population into submission by being brutal. And that's what makes Kallus turn on the Empire.

3. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    So Del Toro is not a villain? Maybe he's a Republic officer who is too Thrawn-like, or like a young Tarkin?

@Vlorax

But Hux is Army and Thrawn is Navy. Or is Hux Chief of Staff?

4. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    MODS: I am sorry. I was trying to edit and consolidate into one posts into one when I saw I still had time to edit. I only made things worse. There is no way for you to delete the superfluous posts. No way for you to delete them.

I'm retiring for the evening.

Btw, when I replied to the post of editor of TFA in response to my question of Snoke being in the vision, at least 5 images of the YouTube video showed up in my post. Didn't notice at first and took forever to delete. I'm sure my techno incompetence is part of the problem, but that had to be a glitch.

5. Vana

Vana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    I hope they will not ruin the character in Rebels. And I don't want him to be defeated by the heroes, because he's far, far better than them, even Dave Filoni said it "he's too smart for that".

Anyway I share with you my last artwork of Thrawn and I hope you will like it: (feel free to comment, fav and share if you like it, it's always appreciated)

http://evolvana.deviantart.com/art/Grand-Admiral-Thrawn-624268720

[​IMG]

6. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    I'll admit I certainly wasn't one of the people who were literally jumping out of their seat at the very implication of him showing up. He has never left a major impression on me before this, but the trailer certainly made me intrigued to see how his role will be shown in canon, particularly Rebels.

La Calavera and MandaloreRex2015 like this.
  7. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    Mod EDIT: No baiting

8. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
  9. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    Revyl Ren and darklordoftech like this.
  10. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    I'm guessing Thrawn will be used like Vader - vague and not too often.

Darth Dnej likes this.
  11. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015
    So is the Bendu a group like Legends or is he/it like one of those Father, Son, Daughter of Mortis freaks?

12. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    hard to say, but its certain they purposefully made it ambiguous in the trailer.

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    The Bendu seems to be a term and not a group of people who are just grey but that's speculation

14. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    I think the Vong could appear yet, after all Filoni expressed interest in including Thrawn into TCW back in 2010, and we learned that Vong were gonna be included in a scout capacity or something and Lucas liked the Vector Prime stuff along with DH comics ect. I think the Vong could be a better candiate to explain Thrawn absence in the OT, I mean his absense is felt, with the EU(in Heir ) it was explained alright enough where that trilogy felt like a direct sequel to the OT. Unlike Tie Fighter, Thrawn is a Grand Admiral just a couple of years before ANH.

Why would Pryce enlist the service of Thrawn and not Tarkin himself? Also why would it take that long to enlist Thrawn, as years went by now, not weeks or months. Why would a nobody like Pryce get the brillant idea or even know about Thrawn, plus she's in command of a backwater planet like Lothal. What secrets does Lothal have, why is it important to the Empire even by season 3 as the crew have been driven from Lothal by Vader and the Inquisitors for quite a while, so why is Pryce onscreen now?

Thrawn is not the mysterious Admiral from Aftermath, that is some strange protege of Palpatine's that seems nearly every bit as strategizing and treacherous as Sidious himself. The Ghost crew still follow the A-Team formula, so its only a matter of time they got back on their own or splitter up. The Rebel Network seems immune to being wiped out as Vader's efforts and the Interdictor Cruiser did not seem to stop them, now it looks like the Alliance itself is forming. From the trailer, it appears that Thrawn is on Coruscant and is called to action because he apparently has experience quelling uprisings and insurrections but otherwise it will be a longshot(or no shot) that this military man could do what Sith trained Imperial Inquisitors, Imperial military, Vader and Tarkin themselves plus combined efforts of all mentioned could do, destroy the infant Rebellion and just this lone annoying The Ghost crew that has inflicted devastating and embarrassing defeats upon them and escaped punishment. I can't imagine the Imperial morale as particularly high once they learn they're going up The Ghost.

Even if Thrawn has experience or expertise in eradicating guerrilla fighters, does he have any with combating Jedi or Sith, with Heir, he needed Ysalamari and C'Boath. So will Inquisitors flank the Grand Admiral, does the Grand Admiral meet his match against Ackbar or Saw or Cham or perhaps some other military commander, as surly we're seeing defectors and a Imperial civil war formulating and somewhere in all this mess is a certain Darth Maul, who is a fully trained and classical Force wielder of old, aiding in Ezra's training.

15. Sixes

Sixes Jedi Master star 2

Apr 5, 2016
    Does anyone else get the sense of? :p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015
    Even More Handsome Thrawn?????????:D

17. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013

I think he will show up more than Vader, but like Vader he needs to be used in doses so that he is not constantly losing or letting the heroes get away. Thrawn is obviously in the season premiere, he will be in the season finale (that's almost a guarantee) and he will probably show up in 3 or so episodes inbetween.

I think it's a real shame that the Ysalimiri won't be canon. Imagine a season finale (or series finale) where Kanan and Ezra barely defeat Maul only for Thrawn to arrive on the planet while they are trying to leave. The Ysalimiri bubble will cause them to be unable to call upon the force and Thrawn and his forces will open fire. That would be an interesting scenario to get out of.

It's quite clear that Thrawn will only be able to outdo the Rebels with his tactics, not his martial skills or marksmanship.

18. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015
    I'm finally agreeing big time with DF. A non-sentient lizard that is more powerful in repulsing the Force than a Jedi? No thanks.

19. Vana

Vana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005

Let's say it was a bit too convenient. But a Jedi can still kill people with a lightsaber wihout the Force, so... an ysalamir doesn't protect against everything a Jedi can do.

20. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015
    I'm not against a Force users loosing power. But really, an Anti-Force Lizard? TZ should of came up with some kind of ancient device Thrawn discovers to stop the Force.

ConservativeJedi321 and Vialco like this.
  21. Vana

Vana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    Why? The Force is natural, so why not a natural way to block it. It could have been a special mineral or a special stone, you would have prefered that? same thing for me.

Darth Dnej likes this.
  22. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015
    Hmmmmmmm.

23. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    The background on it IIRC is that they evolved on a planet where their major predator was a Force-sensitive animal that hunted using the Force. Over time the Ysalamiri evolved the Force-repulsion bubble as a defense against them.

Iron_lord and Darth Dnej like this.
  24. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015
    Force using non sentient animals? Lassie needs a midi-chlorian test.

Miras-Etrin and Darth Caliban like this.
  25. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    "The test come back showing she could have been a Jedi."