main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Thrawn in Rebels

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by TtheForceHurts, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    Animal Jedi anyone?

2. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    There are animals that are force sensitive in the Old EU.

3. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    FWIW the Vornskr didn't use the Force offensively, like a sentient Jedi or Sith, i.e. it didn't Force choke its prey or what have you. It was much more primitive and primal than that. To it the Force was a sixth sense. It used the Force to locate and track down prey. The actual killing was with old fashioned fangs and claws.

It was this ability to hunt prey using the Force as an extra sense that the Ysalamiri evolved their Force-null bubble to defend against.

Iron_lord likes this.
  4. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    One on hand you can agree with them, but on the other not sure. I mean they just introduced the Krykna Spiders that look to either repel or not not being connected to the Force, so I don't see why couldnt the Ysalamari or Vong have a similar ability or able to evolve certain traits and abilities or even bio engineer them like say a certain organic shell armor or crystal repelled or dampen the effects of the invisible energy field know as the Force.

5. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    The Vonskr never really made sense. They had the ability to sense Luke and Mara through the Force in a Force repelling bubble ???

Darth Basin likes this.
  6. Biel Ductavis

Biel Ductavis Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2015
    Does anybody remember Skippy, the force using droid

7. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Biological arms race - the ysalamir get better and better at reducing the ability of beings inside their bubbles to use the Force (so, it started out with slight reduction, and got greater over time) - the vornskrs in response get better and better at sensing through those bubbles. It's not a case of one having a perfect defence against the other.

Force Smuggler and Gamiel like this.
  8. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
  9. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  10. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015
    More importantly no forceps marks from birth on his forehead.

V-2 likes this.
  11. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Forceps marks?

12. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015
    Yeah man. In the old days when the mom couldn't push the baby........

Well............I don't want to get to graphic!

13. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Did Thrawn have them? I don't remember any mention of anything like that.

14. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    I prefer the original art, they also had that classic novel look rather than comic booky. It also looks like they're trying to hard to capitalize on Thrawn and negating really the most important characters, Joruus C'baoth and Mara Jade.

Dark Lady Mara and Gamiel like this.
  15. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015
    Rebels Thrawn haves these odd groves on his forehead.

16. The Mirificus

The Mirificus Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 25, 2015
    I would guess those are going to be a Chiss trait, not unique to Thrawn. Minor difference to let the viewer know "this isn't a blue skinned person; he's from an alien race!" Especially now that they took the no-pupils thing away when transitioning him from the EU.

17. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    I think we can take the cover art as a hint that neither Joruus C'Baoth nor Mara Jade is getting canonized anytime soon.

V-2 and ConservativeJedi321 like this.
  18. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Probably not, no. I guess its good for people to read the trilogy, new fans or whatever despite it being really pointless Legends now. At best canon may throw some easter egg homages back. But I rather personally buy the Dark Horse graphic novel, not sure if its still in print but I missed out on it years ago. Upon reflecting on things, I kinda liked the original idea behind that C'Baoth being a mad/evil clone of Kenobi.

19. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015
  20. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015
    Whoops, DP.

21. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Perhaps would be funny if Thrawn on Rebels turns out to be Force sensitive or a kinda Inquisitor, being that he lacks the ysalamiri and presumably also any Noghri or even a Mara Jade like Sith assassin hand. He's going up against Jedi and possibly a rogue Sith Lord, Maul this reason after all. Stormtroopers and droids are no match for Jedi and Sith, not that Inquisitors would be much better but he's gonna need some type of defense otherwise he's dead this season.

Darth Basin likes this.
  22. Grievpalpy75

Grievpalpy75 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 31, 2015
    Agreed.
    I know that Filoni said there will be no more Inquisitors but they could introduce another Inquisitor as Thrawn`s sidekick.

23. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Maybe a redheaded female who use disguises and is called Mara? Just to mess with the old school fans [face_devil]

PCCViking likes this.
  24. Kashuula Korulanlaa

Kashuula Korulanlaa Jedi Master star 2

Jan 18, 2016
    hey, sorry for putting this out late, but ho many of you were expecting thrawn to having an different voice, kinda like an military commander from a great renown movie?

25. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    Who, Patton? MacArthur?

This is Star Wars and Thrawn's an Imperial officer so he has to speak with an English accent. It's the law.

Kashuula Korulanlaa and Gamiel like this.