main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Thrawn in Rebels

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by TtheForceHurts, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Guy-Gone_Weird

Guy-Gone_Weird Jedi Master star 2

Jul 28, 2003
    I wonder who is voicing Thrawn if this is true?

2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Although what Sabine does is art even if you don't think its good its still impressive Grafiti, but I agree with you on the part that he looks at classical art.

Darkspellmaster likes this.
  3. Vana

Vana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    I'm not sure that any artistic creations deserves the name of "Art" with a big A, the kind of Art you see in exhibitions, museums, etc.

So Sabine may do "artistic creations" in a way, but not "Art", in the noble way of the term, not what Thrawn is usually interested in. I would be really dissapointed if they make him impressed by her little graffitis for example, it wouldn't sound like Thrawn. He's very strict and picky about Art.

4. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    I'd rather this didn't happen. Thrawn made a very good opponent for the entire New Republic. It would be almost too embarrassing if he couldn't wipe a small resistance.

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    They will play him probably like they did Vader and Tarkin.

6. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    You mean where they're effective against the Rebels but don't quite get the job done? That's pretty much what I'm expecting if Thrawn does appear.

7. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

Vader got his job done in spades.

Vader wanted to track down the rebel fleet, but once he realized that Ahsoka was aboard he want them captured.

8. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    I get the impression that you don't have much faith in Rebels Vana

9. Vana

Vana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    No, I don't have much faith in Rebels, and in whatever they intend to do with Thrawn.

10. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Her work in the interior of the Ghost is a bit more elaborate - and, of course, there's that TIE Fighter.

11. ARC_RC-7567

ARC_RC-7567 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 22, 2015
    Art is whatever you make or do to express yourself. Saying what Sabine does isn't art makes you sound sorta conceded. It's a show why do care what the characters do as their 'hobby'?

12. MandoArtist

Nov 12, 2015
    Tbh, people who dislike the show will find anything and everything to dislike, no matter how dumb.

But anything is better than the "Why are the lightsabers so thin" complaint. Urgh, I've seen that SO much.

13. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    Don't even get me started on the slingshot....
    But you're exactly right, people who want to dislike the show will find something to complain about, even if it doesn't make sense.

14. Vana

Vana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    I wouldn't care, but we are talking about introducing a character like THRAWN who is elaborating strategies against his ennemies by studying their ART.

I don't think they would miss the occasion of making a link between that skill and Sabine's "art".

The problem is that what Sabine does is not the same kind of noble, museum-elaborated style of art Thrawn usually appreciates/studies. But for the show, they would make Thrawn consider Sabine as a great artist or something, even if according to what we know about him (who is not fond of graffiti or low-level art like what Sabine does), if we respect the character, he would not even bother looking at what she does (it doesn't even represent a nation or a race of people).

You can't compare Sabine's graffiti and Leonardo da Vinci, you see. Thrawn likes art with a big "A", not little things painted quickly on a wall.

15. MandoArtist

Nov 12, 2015
    But Sabine IS a good graffiti artist.

16. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    He looks at copies of other people's collections and art, to deduce things about them - art collected, and in a couple of cases, done, by Ackbar, for example.

“Mon Calamari art,” he identified it. “What do you think?”
    Pellaeon gave it a quick look as he came up to the double display ring. It looked about as repulsive and primitive as the Mon Calamari themselves. “Very interesting,” he said aloud.
    “Isn’t it,” Thrawn agreed. “Those two pieces in particular - —they were created by Admiral Ackbar himself.”
    Pellaeon eyed the indicated sculptures. “I didn’t know Ackbar had any interest in art.”
    “A minor one only,” Thrawn said. “These were composed some time ago, before he joined the Rebellion. Still, they provide useful insights into his character. As do those,” he added, gesturing to his left. “Artwork once chosen personally by our Corellian adversary.”
    Pellaeon looked at them with new interest. So Senator Bel Iblis had picked these out himself, had he? “Where were these from, his old Imperial Senate office?”
    “Those were,” Thrawn said, indicating the nearest group. “Those were from his home; those from his private ship. Intelligence found these records, more or less accidentally, in the data from our last Obroa-skai information raid."

Something doesn't need to represent a nation or race to be of interest - it can simply be the work (or collection) of a single individual, and still provide a little extra insight into their psyche.

17. MandoArtist

Nov 12, 2015
    And besides, would you really expect a 16 to 17 year old girl to produce paintings you'd find in an art museum?

18. Sandtrooper956

Feb 15, 2015
    I know how they can develop Sabine's character, by developing her art skills! But you have a point, she isn't that bad at all. I think we should just wait and see what Thrawn himself thinks :)

19. Vana

Vana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    Yes, so, she is not a great artist. Maybe her graffities are "ok" for a 16 years old girl, but that's still beginner's amateur skills.

Maybe Thrawn could "read" something about her psyche with it, yes, but I hope he won't compare her to great, real artists, because she's not. She is a beginner.

20. Sandtrooper956

Feb 15, 2015
    Opinions are fun.

V-2 and MandoArtist like this.
  21. MandoArtist

Nov 12, 2015
    If Sabine is a mere beginner with what she currently does, then she'd be a heck of an artist if she got better.

22. Sandtrooper956

Feb 15, 2015
    Yep, we need an Art episode.

23. ARC_RC-7567

ARC_RC-7567 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 22, 2015
    Ugh I personally can't stand art. Worse than the episode were they go find fruit. Now if you mean blowing **** up I'm all for it.

24. MandoArtist

Nov 12, 2015
    I want an episode dedicated entirely to Sabine giving an art lesson to the audience, in Bob Ross fashion.

25. Vana

Vana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    Anyway it is not what bothers me the more about bringing Thrawn into SW Rebels, I don't want them to oversimplify the character or make him outsmarted by the heroes, because no, they are NOT more intelligent than him.