main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Thrawn in Rebels

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by TtheForceHurts, Jan 29, 2016.

1. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    It's called "Dave Filoni."

2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    At e a no to the Emperor's clones.

3. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Yeah probably that would be dumb but so was reviving Darth Maul in my opinion. At least the show could explain where Snoke came from if new movies won't go into his origins...

Vasco_Rojo likes this.
  4. Zejo the Jedi

Zejo the Jedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 16, 2016
    Darth Maul is awesome!
    He was wasted in TPM and deserved to return!

5. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007

Going to Malachor resulted in numerous things:

1. Three Inquisitors (a considerable number) perished. Note that no additional Inquisitors have come hunting Kanan or Ezra
    2. Maul was given the means to return to the Galaxy and begin his new plans
    3. The Rebellion was deprived of a skilled and powerful Force-Wielder with the defeat of Ahsoka Tano
    4. Darth Vader stopped coming after Phoenix Squadron with Ahsoka gone
    And the most important one, the entire reason why Yoda sent Ezra, Kanan and Ahsoka to Malachor. The Sith Temple was destroyed, preventing it from falling into the hands of the Empire or Maul. That was why Yoda sent the Jedi there.

BigAl6ft6, V-2 and iPodwithnomusic like this.
  6. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    1 Killing the Inquisitors (who'd been useless during the season anyway) was not life changing. It was also conviently done by Maul too. So a nice cop out there on top. Same with the so called Grand Inquisitor killing himself.
    2 Maul didn't need to be given the means to anything. He could easily have been written in a dozen which ways besides that.
    3 How was the Rebellion deprived Besides OOU reason that she and Vader too (despite the limited screen time) were overshadowing the main cast . She isn't dead and there's been no in universe reason given why. Just the usual Filoni trope of ignoring what's gone before because he wants a scene moment etc.
    4 Vader was going after PS before he knew Ahsoka was alive. Patrica as has it has 2 powerful Force weilders who have his Holocron and killed his Inquisitors. Again it's OOU (see above) why he isn't.
    You don't know that. No reason has been given by the writers what so ever for Yoda sending them there. I doubt the writers even have one and just wanted a Maul meeting for Ezra on "cool planet" and that was the way to do it.

7. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    Eighth Brother was already on Malachor. The Sith Temple and Holocron were going to be discovered regardless. Yoda foresees this and sends the only Jedi he can to stop this and prevent yet another superweapon from falling into Palpatine's hands,

Going to Malachor resulted in the destruction of the Sith Temple and the removal of the Holocron from the clutches of the Dark Side. So going to Malachor did achieve something. And now, the Inquisitors aren't hunting the Rebels anymore, which takes the pressure off them. As for their "uselessness", these "useless" Inquisitors overwhelmed Kanan, Ezra and Zeb on Takoba. They beat nearly killed Kanan and Ezra in Shroud of Darkness. And Eighth Brother would have cut off Ezra's fingers in the finale if Maul hadn't saved him at the last second. So the Inquisitors are not useless, in fact they're the most dangerous foes the Rebels would face aside from Vader and Maul.

8. Vana

Vana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    So, I wonder if we will see Thrawn in next episode. They will be on Lothal and we have seen Thrawn in an office on Lothal in the season 3 trailer...

9. The Mirificus

The Mirificus Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 25, 2015

lol, of course, he'll look at everything that's going on from his window, and comment casually upon it as Our Heroes blow everything up except the one building he's in. I'm surprised no one calls Thrawn out on the Imperial collateral he incurs using his wait-and-watch strategies. The Empire sure is coldhearted towards its own.

jakobitis89 likes this.
  10. T7-01

T7-01 Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 11, 2016
    The view out of his window looks more like Coruscant (and the Imperial Palace) in my opinion. But it would make sense to see him on Lothal.

11. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007

He has a proven reputation for success. That matters more than the collateral damage he causes, which Governor Pryce dismisses as "acceptable losses". However, as we saw, certain Imperials do not agree with this, which could drive them into the Rebel Camp. It's revelations like this that show the true nature of the Empire, which is derived from it's Sith Emperor. Palpatine is the coldest and most ruthless person in the entire Galaxy.

12. The Mirificus

The Mirificus Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 25, 2015

I thought Pryce's reference was to the civilian casualties, not the loss of Imperial ships and personnel. I understand the Empire has basically infinite assets, but I'm surprised at how nonchalant the leaders are about them. "No Rebel victories" and yet hundreds of soldiers dead and trillions of dollars worth of damage...

jakobitis89 likes this.
  13. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    ''Sir we got the Rebels surrounded, your orders sir''
    ''Let them go...''
    ''But Sir, those two are not only Jedi but extremely valuable prisoners/hostages''
    ''I'll defeat the entire Phoenix Squadron at the same time, so let them go it's all a part of my master plan''
    ''Master plan ? But sir we could've have Darth Vader interrogate them for the location of the base. Then we could destroy them in one swift swoop just like you want to''
    ''It's all a part of the plan so we must let them go, and besides we can't let this season end yet there's still 12 more episodes to go''
    ''But sir that's really dumb''
    ''IT'S PART OF THE PLAN ! :mad: '' -Thrawn storms out of the building''

14. jakobitis89

jakobitis89 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2015
    If O.G. Thrawn adopted the same style as Nu Thrawn we would at least have the comedy gold of his own bodyguard shanking him between the shoulder-blades presumably being passed off as ''all part of the plan.''

To be honest, I think Thrawn actually suffers due to his new role relative to events. In Outbound Flight and The Thrawn Trilogy he was an ingenious underdog in terms of resources, with smaller resources than his opponents but using them to great effect. Now that he's the one with the superior resources chasing down an ill-equipped opponent it's nearly impossible to have an actual logical reason why someone as smart and cunning as he's meant to be hasn't crushed Phoenix Squadron under his heel already - thus his perpetual ''waiting game."

Problem is that now, even if he DOES end up actually scoring a win in the end it won't mean the only reason it took as long as it did was because plot.

V-2, CloneofVader and DarthTalgus like this.
  15. Vana

Vana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    *and then Thrawn takes off his mask and reveals the face of Dave Filoni.*
    "It's because the heroes must always win in SW Rebels, even if it's highly illogical"

CloneofVader and DarthTalgus like this.
  16. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    Apparently this week's episode "The Inside Man" is Thrawn heavy.

17. Vana

Vana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    Please, show me your sources, is there a new teaser?

18. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
  19. Vana

Vana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    Well I hope he really DOES something this time, not just watch and let them go...

20. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    It'll probably be his last appearance for this half of the season (unless they surprise us and have him in the Maul-centric mid season finale) so I suspect we'll some kind of movement with his plotline. I have a suspicion that he might discover Kallus' disloyalty in this episode.

21. Vana

Vana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    ...and he would let him go, too. But that's the clever thing to do: make Kallus think that they don't know about his treachery and give him wrong information so he could give it to the Rebels (and lead them into a trap).

22. R.D.

R.D. Jedi Master star 3

Nov 26, 2015
    This been posted yet?

Note the stormtrooper apparently having a Jango voice...

23. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    It's definitely Dee Bradley Baker, but it lacks the clone accent...so maybe it's just meant to be another Stormtrooper.

Also, this a perfect time for Thrawn to pull out one of his classic lines from Heir to the Empire.

24. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Lol the whole plan thing is just the writers covering themselves nothing more. I doubt they even have one.

Thrawn: I shall pull the Rebels apart piece by piece
    Me: How will you do that
    Thrawn: By making them the architects of there own destruction
    Me: Wait so how are you going to make them the architects ?
    Thrawn: By pulling them apart piece by piece
    Me: Yes but how is you pulling them apart, making them the architects ?
    Thrawn: Learn about Art
    Me: What the.....!!

25. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Hope that farmer dies in the next episode- though he'll probably just end up badly injured and never seen again, the doctors'll say he's alive though kids so don't go wetting your beds tonight

Zejo the Jedi and DarthTalgus like this.