main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Thrawn in Rebels

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by TtheForceHurts, Jan 29, 2016.

1. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    Have they ever created trailer-specific footage before?

2. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    I can recall two instances from TCW, but that's it.

3. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    Then I suppose it's possible.

The only other thing I can think of is that the hour-long Geonosis episode we're getting in January was originally supposed to be the mid-season finale (to better tie-in with Rogue One) but production delays caused it to get pushed back into the second half, and maybe that was where the Thrawn footage came from.

4. Grievpalpy75

Grievpalpy75 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 31, 2015
    Really ? Where was this stated ?

5. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    I don't think it has, I'm just postulating.

6. Vana

Vana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    I wish we could see that scene in a future episode, not only in the trailer...

7. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    Its possible it's a trailer-only scene, though animation isn't cheap and this show doesn't have the budget of TCW behind it.

8. Meeko Ghintee

Meeko Ghintee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2015
    Well, the upcoming Maul episode preview has them discussing Rebellion stuff. Maybe that Thrawn clip appears in it. Would be interesting if those two plot threads interacted. Thrawn has a Temple Guard mask like Kanan's in his little art gallery. Maybe he knows what happened on Malachor and will use Maul to the Empire's advantage. Probably not, but interesting to think about.

9. jakobitis89

jakobitis89 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2015
    There's absolutely no way he COULD know about Malachor, unless they suddenly reveal that Vader told him all about it over a cup of coffee. The Inquisitors are all dead, Maul's off doing his own thing, the Ghosts haven't even mentioned Malachor to their friends let alone enemies. Thrawn's not so smart he can suddenly read the scripts of previous episodes.

Personally I am still putting Maul as the new Joruus C'Baoth to the new-canon Thrawn - a powerful force user who Thrawn will attempt to exploit/ally with to fulfil his plans but ultimately prove too much a wild card and bring the whole thing toppling down.

10. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    I can't see Maul ever working with the Empire in any fashion, or even living for much longer.

Vialco likes this.
  11. Meeko Ghintee

Mar 6, 2015
    Somebody had to give Vader a ride home, Maul stole his ride. Plus the Empire lost 3 assets (the inquisitors). There had to be some sort of Imperial investigation into what happened. Plus, it appears Thrawn studies art to get in his enemy's head. It would surprise me if he didn't know about Malachor, a formative experience for the Ghost crew. Plus, why else would he have the mask?

12. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    There were 3 Inquisitors hence 3 ships, so even if Maul took his........

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  13. thedarkbeckons

thedarkbeckons Jedi Master star 1

Dec 2, 2013
    There's no evidence that all the Inquisitors are dead. Assuming that there were no more after the Eighth Brother, here's what we have confirmed dead:
    1) The Grand Inquisitor.
    2) The Fourth Brother.
    3) The Seventh Sister.
    4) Whatever Inquisitor Maul killed to construct his lightsaber cane.
    5) The Inquisitor Ahsoka killed in the novel by E.K. Johnston.
    6) Possibly the Eighth Brother, although since Maul survived that fall it is possible that he survived as well.
    So taking all into account, there are still two (possibly three) unaccounted-for Inquisitors. And that is assuming that there were only eight to begin with. But the Eighth Brother might very well have survived, in which case Thrawn might have found out about Malachor. It is still a lot of "mights" though. I like your idea about Maul, I would likely bet money on that being the case.

14. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014

I doubt she'll be made canon, but if she is, could Mara Jade be one of the unaccounted for Inquisitors? She wouldn't be an Emperor's Hand in the new continuity.

If she is made canon and is brought into Rebels, I could see Thrawn advising the Emperor and Vader to tell the remaining Inquisitors to ditch their uniforms in order to infiltrate the enemy.

15. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    In the Legendsverse, at least some Emperor's Hands were recruited from the Inquisitorius. Thus - it raises the possibility that there, Mara was an Inquisitor (or at least trainee Inquisitor) before she was a Hand.

If she was brought in - it could be that way - showing some trainee inquisitors, one of which looks like her and is addressed as "Jade" or "Mara".

PCCViking likes this.
  16. Darth Saxman

Darth Saxman Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 6, 2012
    So....I haven't seen Thrawn in Rebels yet..........Did Filoni's team actually stay true to the character that Timonthy Zahn brilliantly crafted or did they ruin or marginalize this top tier "formerly-Legends" character? Was it worth it to have him canonized at the cost of doing so by bringing him into this particular show?

17. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    His characterisation is on point with how Zahn wrote him, though his appearances are sporadic and his plotline is moving slowly.

18. Darth Saxman

Darth Saxman Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 6, 2012
    That's good to hear --- is he easily thwarted by the good guys? That is one thing that has annoyingly been consistent in Seasons 1 and 2, whether it's the Imperials, Inquisitors or even sometimes Vader --- it's killed the tension for the show for me and is a major reason why I haven't sat down to watch Season 3 yet. Thrawn definitely should never be outmaneuvered by the Ghost crew --- I hope they build him up enough to give him the chance to enter into future animated & live action series/films that take place after Episode VI.

19. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    He's only appeared directly as a major character for two episodes so far. Most of his screentime so far is him analysing the Rebels and letting them win small victories to gauge the way they react to any given situation, the implication is that he's got something bigger planned.

20. Meeko Ghintee

Mar 6, 2015
    [​IMG]
    In the description of this image, trivia section calls the mask Kanan's mask rather than a generic Jedi Temple Guard mask, which confirms to me that Thrawn may have known about Malachor. But, then again, perhaps I'm over-reading in that interpretation. Maybe Thrawn has the mask to understand the force in general, as he also has the Bardottan statue. Any other guesses for why he would be studying the Bardottans? I really don't get what that has to do with the other items in the collection.

21. Vana

Vana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    Maybe it was just there to look nice. What is Bardottan? I didn't watch all the episodes of the previous seasons.

22. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Bardottans were a culture and species in TCW Lost missions or season 6, force-users that were neither jedi nor sith- Their queen also were in love with Jar Jar Binks....

23. Vana

Vana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005

[face_laugh] so maybe he's trying to know how can someone in the galaxy can have such bad tastes ?

Rax likes this.
  24. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Haha could be that.

I wonder if Empire destroyed them since they were force-users(with a bad taste). But they seemed to be pacifistic kind- interesting however that they are now referenced like this.

25. Vana

Vana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    Maybe they are that species that Thrawn destroyed because "he did not understand their art"...

Darth Caliban likes this.