main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Thrawn in Rebels

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by TtheForceHurts, Jan 29, 2016.

1. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    Apparently this is from Star Wars Force Arena, some Thrawn art.

[​IMG]

Also, I love Thrawn's theme. It's ominous and powerful, befitting his character.

Erkan12 likes this.
  2. DAH

DAH Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 7, 2017
    "I understand that completely..."

Thanks Mr Jester....Do ever feel like your a rebel, having cyber conversations with the empire on here?? :oops: ...joking....-High-five- :cool:

3. Jester J Binks

Jester J Binks Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2016
    DAH
    For the most part, this forum is pretty cool (I'm pretty new).

4. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    DAH
    You (and everyone else) should check out 'nathan S' on youtube who has been combining the audiobooks and comcs to make the Thrawn Trilogy motion comics:

Star Wars Heir to the empire. Motion comic

Star Wars: Dark Force Rising. Motion comic

Star Wars: The Last Command. Motion comic

The first two books are complete, The Last Command is still ongoing. He's uploading about one chapter a week, so it should be finished soon.
    Also all three of the unabridged audiobooks are on youtube if you search hard enough.

DAH, fett 4, draw73 and 1 other person like this.
  5. DavrelKex

DavrelKex Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 18, 2016

All of that looks incredible!

6. Jester J Binks

Jester J Binks Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2016
    V-2
    Thanks for the links. I've noticed stuff like this popping up on YouTube recently. I figured they would be taken down quickly, but so far so good.

7. ARC_RC-7567

ARC_RC-7567 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 22, 2015
    Woah that's some high quality art for a mobile game. Gonna have to play that now. Also having Fenn Rau in there is pretty cool.

8. DAH

Jan 7, 2017
    Thanks V-2 ...Ill give those a look...thanking ya ^:)^

9. Vana

Vana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    I didn't mean to be rude, it's just that it is sad to avoid the Thrawn trilogy, especially because you think you will like it! but fortunately you can find them for a very low price now, and there are not so many books with Thrawn in it, especially these ones, they were the first books published so it means there is no reference to other books, you will not be tempted to read ALL the rest of the Legends books ;) and the new book "Thrawn" will be canon, and I think it is a good thing to read the Thrawn trilogy first to fully understand the evolution of the character.

My personnal correction of the "Star wars Arena" Thrawn artwork :p (full red eyes are always better!)
    [​IMG]

Darth Valkyrus and Darth Basin like this.
  10. DAH

Jan 7, 2017
    Vana, no worries, trouble with typing is when things are "written" and not spoken we can read things wrongly and take it the wrong way...sorry if I seemed abit of a tit aswell, however I have now just purchased the Thrawn Trilogy.....due to people harping on about them (including some of my friend's ) got all 3 of them for a decent price.....give me a bit of time to finish them as I like to listen to the audiobook's while im reading the novel's (which ive already downloaded), which tends to take abit more time than usual....and we shall continue this discussion....which im sure will be a bit more interesting....as I will know Thrawn!!....haha peace..

11. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    I'm interested in getting the new Thrawn novel coming out myself. The character itself is pretty great, and I'm looking forward to seeing what they add in novel form.

fett 4 likes this.
  12. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    I'm very curious to see how he places within the Empire, and what his relationship is like with Palpatine, Vader and the rest of high command in Canon.

13. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014

I wonder if they are going to add anything in regards to him being looked down upon because he isn't human in the new canon? He's risen very high in the Empire, but I assume the Empire is still anti-alien.

14. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    I think Pablo has said on Twitter that the Empire itself is less xenophobic than it was in Legends, but the actual military arm is still very conservative in that regard, so yeah I could see Thrawn facing quite a bit of pushback.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  15. Vana

Vana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    I wonder if it is a Thrawn "point of view" story? usually we never had his own point of view... it would be strange to be "in his head", I like keeping the mystery so I hope that we will not really see all his thoughts.

16. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    Maybe Zahn will bring Voss Parck back into canon and have him serve as Thrawn's Watson for the novel.

Vana likes this.
  17. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Price even looks even more like that indiana jones chick. :p

Darth Basin likes this.
  18. Vana

Vana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    I would prefer Pellaeon as his Watson, but I love Parck, too :) I hope he is still the one who found him and who helped him all along.

19. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I get the feeling that Thrawn will have originally served with the Republic

20. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    My main thinking that he'd use Parck is because the time that the novel is supposed to cover would probably be around when Parck first met him, so he'd probably be the main human ally that Thrawn has within the Empire at that point. But I do like Pellaeon more, and right now he's the biggest Legends character I want to see brought over into the canon. Supposedly Zahn mentioned to someone at Dragoncon that he had heard rumblings of Lucasfilm possibly using him, but I haven't found anything to verify that. Maybe in Filoni's Post-Jedi series...

21. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    I always think that the best Thrawn book (and Zahn Starwars book) is Outbound Flight. Really well written if the new Thrawn can sort of follow on from that as a sort of quasi sequel then it should be great.

Regards the Anti-Alien thing. I'm glad it's been toned down. I appreciate that the Empire has always been shown as Nazis in space but I felt that was making thins to blatant. Hell his rank Grand Admiral was the rank of the Head of the German Navy, I mean common !

22. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    I'm fine with it being toned down too. It never especially gelled with Palaptine's character that he'd be especially concerned with petty biases like that, at least not when his mentor, first apprentice and Grand Vizier were all alien. Right now Lucasfilm are taking the best of both. The Empire as a whole is largely apathetic to xenophobia, but within the military there's still enough conservatives in charge that it makes Thrawn's role unique within their ranks.

fett 4 likes this.
  23. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    I don't know how I feel about the Empire being less xenophobic in canon now than Legends. Part of the big deal about Thrawn in Legends is how far he was able to advance despite the High Human Culture.

Now, as far as the Empire being less sexist, I'm for it. We have had a couple great female Imperials so far (alas we didn't see any in Rogue One): Rae Sloane, Moff Mors.

24. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Thrawn is still basically the only alien in the Imperial military. Inquisitors act outside the Imperial military but the military is subservient to them.

25. Vana

Vana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    That would be horrible. I really don't want Thrawn to have anything to do with the Republic, even the Old one...

But they changed the timeline, so, who knows :/