main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Thrawn in Rebels

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by TtheForceHurts, Jan 29, 2016.

1. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Yeah, but Thrawn hasn't been around for too long. And we haven't even seen the final for the season. So Thrawn could injure members of the Ghost Crew. And the number if people doesn't really effect how much plot armor they have, the point I was trying to make was that it's going to be there for main characters. At least for a time. We dont know the fate of the Ghost Crew yet.

2. Meeko Ghintee

Meeko Ghintee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2015
    Well there's plot armor and building up to a dramatic conclusion:

[​IMG]

So we have the Rebel fleet showing up at Atollon and we know the first Rebel victory is at Scarif which is a year in the future...hmm...does this sound like the set up for Thrawn to look foolish?

3. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014

I don't believe the Rebels will be using Atollon much longer. They will probably take some heavy hits in the final, but at the same time, I don't see the Rebels team giving the Ghost Crew and Phoenix Squadron a victory here because of Scarif.

4. Vana

Vana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    I know the heroes and the Rebel leaders will escape (or won't be on Atollon during the attack), but I hope Thrawn won't destroy just an empty base...

5. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Killing a few Redshirts doesn't count

Jedi Knight Fett, Theo333 and Vialco like this.
  6. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Judging from the trailer, there's a scene where Hera and Wedge are standing under the activated shield generator Sabine and Zeb got from Geonosis so I doubt it's going to be empty.

It might not just be redshirts though. We've hardly seen any images or trailer footage from the season final. The Rebels can still take heavy losses and escape, but that doesn't mean it won't be a victory for Thrawn.

7. Snafu55

Snafu55 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2015
    It would be so good for the show though if they killed a main character you'd feel more sympathy for how the other characters respond. Though i also hope they show Thrawn killing many rebel redshirts to finally show he can win a Thrawn-esque victory

8. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    I can see him taking down Sato, Kallus, Azadi and quite a few redshirts and ships.

9. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    I think it would be cheap to kill off Sato so soon after establishing his relationship with Thrawn.

10. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014

We might get more of their history in the upcoming Thrawn book or even in the final episodes.

11. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    The good news is I think this time we will get a main villain that lasts at least 2 seasons.

12. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    I don´t think it´s that fair to say Thrawn is disappointing in Rebels if he doesn´t destroy Atollon´s Base AND the entire rebel fleet. I mean, that would mean basically obliterating them, and they will be winning a major battle on Scariff in two years, so they really can´t go that way. Still, for me Thrawn has been presented as a very capable, threatening antagonist in the series, and this has been done without the need of having him kill anybody yet. It´s no small feat, in a time where we are used to get everything very plain, simple and very fast.

I have no doubt that Thrawn will succeed, and that doesn´t necessarily means killing one or more of the Ghost crew. It´s just not his long term objective. The Rebels will have big losses soon enough, but we have to accept that in this story, in the long run, Thrawn will fail one way or the other... the Alliance, after all, did win the war with the Empire, some 6 years after what we are seeing in Rebels...

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I think Thrawn has been handled really well and it will be interesting to see where the book takes him.

MandaloreRex2015 and Ithorians like this.
  14. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    I throne everyone forgets Thrawn loses all three battles in his own novel trilogy...

MandaloreRex2015 and Vialco like this.
  15. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Never disturb Thrawn while he's in the refresher.

16. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Yep. He loses at Sluis Van, retreats at Coruscant and loses at Bilbringi again. Thrawn may win a battle or two, but he won't win the war.

17. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    Star Wars fans have a tendency to overinject their favorite characters with nonexistent badass traits and feats I suppose.

If he wins at Atollon I think he'd probably be more successful in his show than he ever was in the novel trilogy. Let's just wait and see.

18. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Not quite. Courscant is blocked off with cloaked Asteroids which is his plan and which he succeeds in. He also wins battles during the course of the books both at the start and during the middle off all 3.

In Rebels he doesn't do any of that, just simply steeple his fingers

Jedi Knight Fett and Theo333 like this.
  19. Vana

Vana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    He didn't lose at Coruscant, he did exactly what he wanted to do: block the whole planet.

He also could get the Katana fleet before the rebellion, under their nose, and that's a huge victory. (Sadly he didn't really have time to use it -__-)

He lost at Bilbringi just because he got killed (he would have won).

He had to retreat at Sluis-van but it was not a defeat, he did not lose his own ships, he just couldn't get the ships he was coming to steal. So he did not lose a battle, he just couldn't get what he wanted, but the rebels lost many ships on that day, they don't even see that as a victory either.

Force Smuggler, V-2 and T7-01 like this.
  20. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007

Maybe he finds steeples to be artistic and elegant. He'll be busy contemplating a steeple when Kallus stabs him in the back :p.

fett 4 likes this.
  21. RedVad

RedVad Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 29, 2012
    Thrawn in Rebels has been a big yawn.

Maybe better if he had have stayed in the EU.

Vialco likes this.
  22. Vana

Vana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005

I'm waiting for the last episode of the season. If they kill him or humiliate him, I'll agree with you.

23. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I don't think they'll kill him, but none of the main cast will die. He will destroy Atollon base though.

24. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    I bet he'll be waiting for Sloane. Maybe he discovers Snoke l.

25. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    It´s curious to me that some Thrawn fans seem to think so low about his Rebels portrayal. Not being a critic about that! just intrigued at the reasons...

My GF didn´t know Thrawn at all, she got to know him thanks to Rebels, and she likes him more and more by each passing episode. Now she is openly rooting for him in the finale, lol. On the other hand, I´ve known him long enough to recognize him when I was a kid in the TIE Fighter game´s intro, and still I like what I´ve seen of him on Rebels.

Well, of course I´m biased. I must clarify that I have a blast with most Rebels episodes. Not that they don´t have flaws, and sure, Iron Squadron was pretty bad, but for each bad episode we usually get a couple of good ones, and some incredible ones, like I´m hoping Twin Suns will be. So I think there is some bright side of things to be seen too: Thrawn is alive and well, in canon, being a great antagonist in a Star Wars show and getting his own novel pretty soon! :D

V-2 likes this.