main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Lit Thrawn - New canon Star Wars book by Timothy Zahn (Spring 2017)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Diego Lucas, Jul 16, 2016.

1. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 7

Jul 19, 1999
    Book's not out yet, so who knows?

What I do know is this board has the toughest art critics you'll ever find!

Force Smuggler likes this.
  2. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2013
    Quick question about that preview. Is the pilot seen in the preview meant to be an actual clone or non clone pilot using the same gear? From what I gather the actual clones were replaced very quickly after the Clone Wars but the armour and equipment remained in use for a bit so I'm not sure.

Edit: Got confused and thought this was the thread about the comic. I guess the question is still somewhat relevant to the book though' since I think the beginning of the book and the comic is meant to be the same. (I haven't actually got round to the novel yet but I will soon).

3. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 19, 2016
    Well in one of first two books in the new Darth Vader series some Clones mention how they shut down the cloning labs on Kamino and 'they'll raise the last batch up' as they begin adding recruits in.
    Which should mean they have at least a decade worth of Clones before they become obsolete with all the new recruits outnumbering them.

kalzeth likes this.
  4. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Immortal Mod-King of the EUC, RPF and SWC star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    To.

Be.

Honest.

I’ve been looking at that parallel for some time and it’s why I accept Jagged suddenly becoming the head of the Empire of the Hand. Because he more or less had the same story as Thrawn thematically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Revanfan1 and PCCViking like this.
  5. Jamtia

Jamtia Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 5, 2016
    Just finished reading. I enjoyed it!

6. Jamtia

Jamtia Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 5, 2016

Ugh I haven't gotten to Rebels yet. I can't wait to see those easter eggs!

Ackbar's Fishsticks likes this.
  7. sidv88

sidv88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 22, 2005
    no real spoiler for 8 here since my post is purely a question, but I'm tagging it just in case
    I'm curious now that Episode 8 is out, do people still actually think Snoke is the Unknown Regions threat?

8. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 25, 2016
    Sure, the movie doesn't really disprove anything.

9. Xander Vos

Xander Vos Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 3, 2013
    Just started reading. Enjoy the first chapter being a basic re-write of - I think - Mist Encounter? Good start.

PCCViking likes this.
  10. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Knight star 3

May 26, 2014
    I finished it yesterday and thought it was really cool. I liked seeing the development of Pryce as well and gives us so much insight into both of them. I do want to see more Eli though. I really liked their partnership, even friendship. I want to see his Outer Rim adventures possibly in comic form.

11. Diego Lucas

Diego Lucas Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 12, 2015
    So i got the Brazil version, and finished, great book, see much of the classic Thrawn soul in this adventure.

12. Xander Vos

Aug 3, 2013
    I feel like Eli should just become the Nu-Canon version of Pellaeon?

13. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    They don't really have all that much in common when you look at it, other than the fact that they both had Thrawn as a mentor.

Outsourced likes this.
  14. Xander Vos

Aug 3, 2013
    Key distinction being Pellaeon was an officer in the days of the Republic, sure, but it could end up this way.

15. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    Well, age and authority is one part, but the other big thing is that Pellaeon is pretty much defined by his military service and his view of himself as a soldier and his particular view of the Empire. He was a much more militaristic character than Eli and his relationship with Thrawn was more defined by that role.