main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Thrawn's daughter

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Oakessteve, May 11, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oakessteve

Oakessteve Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 9, 1999
    <DL> weird this topic was posted by Buzzkill in Literature, not Oaksteve here<>

I was talking to Darth Ludicrous the other day and we were discussing Thrawns other clones of himself. I mean come on he has to have another one better defended than the one with only two battle droids.

Now with that said when will he return? Vector Prime or the novels after that is our guess. When this new threat to the SW universe comes to pass Thrawn might reappear but not to destroy the new republic but to help them fend off the invaders. I know not of Thrawns species will be in the first novel but mabey after the new republic gets in dire straits....

(well it would be a cool story line anyway)

2. Grendelwulf

Grendelwulf Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 31, 1999
    I agree. There has been one clone and one "clone"...there must be others... (what about his family? Thrawn's daughter or granddaughter(assuming he has one) would be cool in NR... maybe even becoming a jedi...

3. Mitt

Mitt Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 10, 1999
    There is no way that there was just one clone of Thrawn, surely there is one on the Chiss homeworld? I believe too that the threat from the Unknowns will be so powerful that the NR will need Thrawn to save them. Could it be possible to make a clone of the one that Mara and Luke found? It would be interesting to see about his family. (Speaking as his wife tho, we have no kids right now ) Maybe one of his children would go againist Thrawn and join the NR and even be a Jedi, perhaps because they didn't want to be used like C'boath in battle.

4. Admiral Parck

Admiral Parck Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 1999
    u all are talking like the chiss are sexual, male and female. what if its like the hutts???? then thrawn wouldnt have a wife. and how many chiss are there?? i know that they were in VOTF but that doesnt say how many. They could be like humans or the could be close to being killed off. About the clone though.... that would be a great surpise! But how much more can the authors go? not much is left. in the young jedi knights books is the empire over with? or did the empire break the truce and start a war again. if they didnt that would be cool. the empire has all that space that they found, why dont they start war again???

5. Santee Ordrin

Santee Ordrin Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 9, 1998
    Here is another thought on this point, after much consideration. Did the clone of thrawn really die?? It could have been sucked out of the cavern. It wouldnt have had the memories, which make each person so individual, but there is a possibility it could have survived. I think I am right in this fact, in that the clones are formed in a liquid environment until they are fully groown, then they are flash induced with the memory and intelligence of the former or new mind. THe explosion could have torn the body out of the cloning chamber. Once out of the cloning chamber, it could have somehow awoken, then learned through trial and error its own life and experiences. But this is just a thought. Maybe have met up with Parck, da Baron and the Chiss, who taught it what it needed to know.

6. Mitt

Mitt Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 10, 1999
    I have to totally disagree with the idea that the Chiss are not sexual. Thrawn was refered to as a "he" so there must have been at least two Chiss genders and they were so close to being humanoid.

7. Rogue Jedi

Rogue Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 9, 1998
    Although we haven't seen them, female Chiss do exist. Mitt's right. Thrawn was referred to as a he...directly implying that gender division among them exists.

8. Major Mannon

Major Mannon Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 15, 1998
    Personlly I think that another clone of Thrawn would be a bad idea. I mean come on, clones and people coming back from the "dead" are getting old. It's already been done enough with Palpatine and Isard. I love Thrawn and he deserves better than to be brought back as a clone. What is needed is more original ideas not rehashed ones, IMHO.

9. Rogue Jedi

Oct 9, 1998
    Major Mannon, I (reluctantly) agree with you on the resurgence of the clone of Thrawn....redundant. I'd love to see a daughter of his surface in a subsequent novel. Imagine a Raven-haired, burning ember-eyed anti-hero with Thrawn's intellect combined with a capriciousness that only a female could pull off.

In lieu of that...Thrawn's Mentor.

10. Jedi Jade

Jedi Jade Jedi Youngling

Mar 22, 1999
    Rogue Jedi, that sounds AWESOME! You bring an intelligent, blue-skinned daughter of Thrawn in, and you have a whole new twist to the story line... Especially if she sides with the NR... Although, I really don't see her having much of a choice... But why don't YOU write that story?

11. Darth Ludicrous

Darth Ludicrous Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 25, 2000
    Whoah there! That was my idea....

12. Rogue Jedi

Oct 9, 1998
    Jedi Jade, Thanx for the compliment!.. but alas, I'm more of an Illustrator than an Author. Darth Ludicrous has good literary talent...I've read some of his work in Fan-Fic Good stuff...If a tad morbid(My kinda story). I'll work on an illustration of what my image of Thrawn's daughter should look like and post it here...Who knows? Maybe D.L. will see it and inspire him to write a story on it.

13. Darth Ludicrous

Jun 25, 2000
    hey, uh, Rogue... thanks for the nod.

14. Rogue Jedi

Oct 9, 1998
    No problem, bud. When I read your Fan-Fic story, my mind became immersed in the imagery you told....IMO, the mark of literary talent. Something that several published authors that I've read were lacking in that department...Kudos bud.

15. Darth Ludicrous

Jun 25, 2000
    The fanfic outline in fanfic ection, or the one and only fanfic story I have actually completed? And I'm honored.

[This message has been edited by Darth Ludicrous (edited 05-13-99).]

16. Brother War

Brother War Jedi Youngling

Mar 14, 1999
    The Chiss are defintely sexual, it says that they are humanoid. That would imply that they didn't have any wierd asexual reproduction or stuff.

Also how can there be a clone of Thrawn on his homeworld when he was exiled!? That don't make no sense!

Also why would Thrawn, or any of his relatives help the NR? Going around trying to take down someone isn't going to make them go "I'll help you."

Everyone (without wanting or trying to sound patronising) especially rebels should realise that Zahn points out that Thrawn laothed the Republic as it was not an actual legtimate government (and bang to rights he is/ was). So presumably any of his kin would share these views. Unless of course they helped and then betrayed them, which would make sense but Thrawn did seem to have a sense of honour.

Anyway that's my Imperial view. Differ if you will.

17. frlsqueen

frlsqueen Jedi Youngling

May 10, 1999
    A daughter of Thrawn's would be really cool. I'm trying to think of an available male character to pair her with!
    After all, now that Luke is taken....Any suggestions?

18. Darth Ludicrous

Jun 25, 2000
    If you've read "Mist Encounter", Brother War, then you'd understand that Thrawn joined the Empire because it served his purposes. he could protect his poeple through the Empire, even though they exiled him, because he had a different moral and ethical standard than what they accepted (he believed in premeptive strikes). I don't believe Thrawn had a mentor, and if he did, I doubt he would have the same ruthless cunning that Thrawn had. Thrawn believed in strong law and order to combat lawlessness, his people apparently, were more utopian and peaceful. Thrawn's people were different than him. He is the exception to the rule. Those Chiss who served under Parck were probably volunteers who believed Thrawn's precepts, and not part of any Chiss military. Unless Thrawn significantly changed his people's views by introducing them to the Empire, I strongly believe they would be more inclined to join the New Republic, Thrawn's family included, snce they weeren't exiled with him.

19. Mitt

Mitt Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 10, 1999
    I said that there might be a clone on the Chiss homeworld because surely Thrawn returned there after joining up with the Empire, perhaps the Chiss are part of the Empire now, and they all serve in the Unknowns? If not he could have hidden the clone with his family.

20. Jedi Jade

Jedi Jade Jedi Youngling

Mar 22, 1999
    Sorry Darth Ludicrous, I didn't realize that it was your idea... But why don't you apply your writing skill to the task? You sound like you could do a "bang-up job," so to speak. I'd read it!

21. Killashandra

Killashandra Jedi Youngling

May 1, 1999
    I could see Thrawn's daughter being half Chiss and half...something else cause he would not have returned from his exile. He is a bit proud and I don't thinkthe Chiss ever had him back. As for his daughter, Karrde would have been perfect for her. He could match minds with her father at least

22. jedi_cristi

jedi_cristi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 1999
    To DL, (jumping up and down) I wanna read! I wanna read

After reading the glowing reviews, I would love to read your fanfic. Where is it?

23. Rogue Jedi

Oct 9, 1998
    http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Shop/9311/thrawndaughter2.jpg
    Now tell me that this wouldn't make a good story.

I changed it just a tad. I reverted to my original top half, added her right hand in her hair and put a touch more clothes on her....Sorry guys.

[This message has been edited by Rogue Jedi (edited 05-14-99).]

24. Darth Ludicrous

Jun 25, 2000
    I dig the blue skin. Who did the artist use to model?

25. Rogue Jedi

Oct 9, 1998
    I used Christy Turlington

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.