main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Thrawn's daughter

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Oakessteve, May 11, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Figrin D an

Figrin D an Jedi Youngling

Feb 9, 1999
    Hmmm, is she a rancor in the sack?

2. Charlemagne

Charlemagne Jedi Padawan star 4

May 15, 1999
    Actually this conversation inspired me for a RPG storyline.

Basically Thrawn's daughter in this case in "Raana" (same middle core name) and is actually half chiss. I inserted a cameleon like effect due to some genetic peculariaties of the chiss species that she gets more human as she angers.

She's the daughter of a model (human) and Thrawn and is one of those "political" embarrasments the Chiss kept complaining about since Thrawn already had a marriage of conveinance on his homeworld with a chiss lady. To keep it sympathtic he cares for his daughter and feels no shame.

I have being trained as a Imperial agent and that posing (in human form) as a piece of fluff in Grand Admiral Zaarin (yes I used Tie Fighter)'s star destroyer. It was she who brougt about his death.

Thanks for the great idea and ummm good photo.

Charlemagne

3. Charlemagne

May 15, 1999
    Speaking of which what would a descendant of Thrawn be like personality wise?

I'm imagining very intelligent (of course) with a classical education and appreciation for the arts (of course). No doubt she or he would be very lawful but perhaps feeling somewhat neglected by one's parent? (Though for some reason I can't imagine Thrawn being a bad parent).

Charlemagne

4. Killashandra

Killashandra Jedi Youngling

May 1, 1999
    I can't see him as a bad parent but I can see him as somewhat overly protective of her. She would be his only child. Plus he would have to protect her from all the human males who would undoubtedly get ideas from looking at her http://216.32.191.104/forum/

5. Charlemagne

May 15, 1999
    Yes I believe that would be a constant threat yes....

I could see Thrawn as a very protective parent of his daughter.

Now what would his wife be like (or need it be wife, Thrawn being unconvential might have had a mistress he truly loved with a marriage of politics on his homeworld).

Charlemagne

6. Mitt

Mitt Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 10, 1999
    What would Thrawn's wife be like? I'm glad someone asked 'cause you know I have never given much thought to who Thrawn would take as a wife. *Mitt's voice drips with sarcasm* Anyway I don't think Thrawn would marry someone just for political reasons if he was really into doing stuff for political advantage he wouldn't have been exiled. (See SW AJ #7) I also don't think Thrawn would cheat on his wife. *Pointed look at Zas* Hes too much of a gentleman and has too much honor. I think Thrawn would marry someone with a military background or at least an understanding of the military. Of course she would have to have a knowledge of the art world, but she wouldn't be an artist and certainly not an art critic. (Maybe like a parent who was an artist?). But what it all boils down to is he would marry someone exactly like me so you can end the debate now.

[This message has been edited by Mitt (edited 07-04-1999).]

7. Killashandra

May 1, 1999
    Well he may have been married if they did arranged marriages....

K
    ChissLife http://comm.excite.com/comm/area/pw/welcome/main.asp?cid=133599&aid=22 http://comm.excite.com/comm/area/pw/welcome/main.asp?cid=133599&aid=22

8. Charlemagne

May 15, 1999
    Well sticking by my theory no doubt Thrawn married as he was expected as a military officer probably this woman was the atypical Chiss ruling family woman and probably nothing more to a means to an end to Thrawn and vice versa. I doubt he'd enjoy the idea at all (I'm thinking Mark Anthony here)

Thrawn was politically powerful, he showed that he *KNEW* how to play the "game" in the Empire and how he completely bamboozled everyone, his problem was that he didn't try to cover anything up or hesitate. He wasn't ashamed of his actions.

I disagree with Mitt on Thrawn which is probably a major mistake. Thrawn seemed to me amoral and above "petty definations of it" operating with what was best for the galaxy. I could see him falling in love outside of a loveless marriage with an artist
    or model and not hiding it or particularly ashamed. (I'm thinking a non ruler Cleopatra here).

It would be cool if it outraged Chiss ruling class that she wasn't Chiss. (Egyptian here to the Romans)

However there is a chance this model is not correct and Thrawn could be married to a almost Daala-equesque military commander though probably far nicer.

This would be a more equal marriage.

(I just think that Anthony And Cleopatra is a approporiate model given that Thrawn was so like Julius Caesar even down to his death on the ides of March style killing).

Charlemagne

9. Brother War

Brother War Jedi Youngling

Mar 14, 1999
    I really like the idea of this sort of human shape form thing for Thrawn's daughter Cha.

I don't think Thrawn would be unfaithful to his wife if he had one. He might have been a bit different in terms of morality from his fellow Chiss but he does in the books seem to be an honourable guy. So I don't think he would have any more than 2 or 3 mistresses
    *Winks at Mitt*

Of course he needs some nookie when he trying to take over the galaxy every night...
    BW

10. Jedi Zox

Jedi Zox Jedi Youngling

Jul 1, 1999
    but in the trawn trilogy it was not thrawn that came back or a clone. it was an actor that had sergery to look identical to thawn and he just studied some of thrawn files.

Jedi Zox

11. Charlemagne

May 15, 1999
    Well actually Thrawn was ressurected completetly in SotP and VotF but not in the same order:

We got to see Thrawn's mind at work in Tierce.

We got to see Thrawn's personality in action (Flim when Thrawn)

We got to see Thrawn's body (Sea Monkey thrawn in the clone tank).

You know this reminds me of the strangest thought I had after reading the orginal trilogy. I was thinking that if Thrawn won he wouldn't just assume dictatorship of the Empire but install someone else. However he couldn't trust anyone else...

So I was thinking if anyone thought that Thrawn might have been preparing a Jorus C'boath or Palpatine clone (with the Force) imprinted with his personality to become Emperor.

Scary though eh?

Charlemagne

P.S. anyone have any thoughts on the DE impliance Palpatine had something to with Thrawn's death?

12. Killashandra

May 1, 1999
    What impliance is that?...NOt too familiar with Dark Empire stuff:p

13. Charlemagne

May 15, 1999
    In the DE sourcebook it gave the the Emperor's sentiments on the trilogy they were and I quote.

"Poor Thrawn, he had really hoped he would have known better. It was no accident that he fell when he did"

He then goes on to mention the betrayal of the Noghri and Mara Jade but they would be dealt withj.

Charlemagne

14. Killashandra

May 1, 1999
    Well we have alot of thrawn discussion! http://216.32.191.104/forum/

1) Yeah I agree that Thrawn is more of the type to have someone else do teh political stuff while he stays in charge of the military..I could easily see his mate in that function...but we would have to kill Han first http://216.32.191.104/forum/ *grins at the least likely couple-Thrawn/Leia*

2)Clones: Well I think there are more of them..not on the Chiss Homeworld, btw anyone ever hear the name of their planet?, but likely stowed away with others in other places. Remember that he prepared for Coruscant to fall which would seem to suggest he prepared for his death as well..and prepared very very carefully!

3)Unknown Regions:Who did he leave in charge? Now that is a sticky question! I would have to give more thought to this one http://216.32.191.104/forum/

4)Mentors:I am not sure if Thrawn had one mentor who molded him. I think, partially because of his differing thoughts from his people, that he was most likely a proper Chiss warrior who had some unusual experiences that led him to think they way he does. Rarely do we differ from the norm alot unless our own experiences take us there...

K
    ChissLife http://www.deja.com/~chisslife http://www.deja.com/~chisslife
    "Where Thrawn discussion rules!"

15. Mitt

Mitt Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 10, 1999
    You know how much therapy I had to go through to be able to post in this topic again? Thrawn is an honorable man he would not cheat on a wife because he does what he wants and would not stay married to someone he didn't love greatly. I don't think he would have an affair just because he was away from his wife and wanted some flesh, he has better control than that. He would want a wife because he would want someone to love and give him heirs to his Empire.

16. ¿Quien Sabes?

¿Quien Sabes? Jedi Youngling

Mar 24, 1999
    I agree with mitt. THrawn wouldn't have an affair with anyone while he was away. His wife, on the other hand, is another story.
    BTW, Nice pic of thrawn's daughter, Rogue. just gald my parents weren't home while i was reading this thread. i'd get grounded. http://216.32.191.104/forum/

17. Charlemagne

May 15, 1999
    I don't doubt Thrawn would not have an affair simply for carnality.

However I don't think he would divorce and disrupt a family/poltical situation simply if he fell in love with someone.

I can imagine he'd fall in love with his intellectual equal or someone who had great passion for art.

As for Clones, thrawn would have one no doubt at a dozen places in case the Hand fell.

Charlemagne

18. Killashandra

May 1, 1999
    Okay, so what is the Chiss philosophy on marriage? And would Thrawn ever violate it? why or why not? Or under what circumstances?

19. Emperor Darth Nemesis

Emperor Darth Nemesis Jedi Youngling

May 27, 1999
    Mitt.....Remember you're my apprentice don't do anything I wouldn't do. If you know what I mean
    example A fight with Zas

20. Darth Ludicrous

Darth Ludicrous Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 25, 2000
    Sorry BuzzKill, but I think so.

21. Captain Cellandros

Captain Cellandros Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 14, 1999
    Pulling out some old ones tonight I see.

Always interesting to look back on some of these.

22. Darth Thrawn

Darth Thrawn Jedi Master star 3

Mar 18, 2000
    Please see
    Forum3/HTML/004050.html Forum3/HTML/004050.html

My personal hypothesis on thrawn and why i think he's still alive, in some form somewhere

BTW Itrakh, he wore them all day so C'baoth Force powers wouldnt affect him, and also so C'baoth wouldnt know he was Force sensitive

23. Oakessteve

Oakessteve Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 9, 1999
    In my story, 'Obi-Wan's Nightmare' (please have a quick look at it!), I want to introduce a Jedi apprentice, who's best mates with Obi-Wan. I've got his character worked out, but I'm really useless at thinking of convincing Star Wars sounding names. Can anyone help me? Cheers if you can.

24. RogueLead11

RogueLead11 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Aug 19, 1999
    I'm terrible at names too, but when you're in trouble, baby-namer sites never fail.

Here's a good one. It huge and has names for girls and boys in a couple different languages. Even has what the names mean.

http://www.zoope.com/about/about_names.htmlAlfabette Zoope Name Lists

25. Owe-me-one Perogi

Owe-me-one Perogi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2000
    well is it a guy or a girl?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.