1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events: Supanova: Melbourne (10th-12th April), Gold Coast (17th-19th April)

Oz Comic Con: Perth (11th-12 April), Adelaide (18th-19th April)

FF:NZ Thread for non-sports fans

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Kitt327, Nov 8, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kitt327 Jedi Master

star 4
    :D

As the title says . . .

edit: changed the title to appeal to a narrower audience.

Here's some topics for discussion:

Ways we used to get out of school swimming & athletics days . . . claiming you had an infectious skin disease was always a good one.
  2. SWNZ Jedi Master

star 4
    //waves hand like a Jedi

Sport is Good! :D
  3. Humble extra Jedi Youngling

star 5
    cross country was no man's friend
  4. Chansplace Jedi Master

star 4
    it was if you knew the shortcuts :)
  5. Kitt327 Jedi Master

star 4
    Funnily enough, cross-country was the only sport I was good at. I was in the school team in 4th form. Oh yeah, and lunchtime handball and gutterboard. Never any good at swingball though.

e: SWNZ, mind tricks don't work on me . . only chocolate. Mmmmm.
  6. Buzz-Bumble Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm not sure about that Mind Trick, I think it must have worked. For a set of messages titled "for non-sports fans", every message mentions a sport. :(
  7. Kitt327 Jedi Master

star 4
    Okay, we'll make this a thread for bashing sports.

To paraphrase Mrs Doyle . . .

What is the most ridiculous sport? For me it would have to be rugby. I mean, come on! It's just a bunch of men jumping on eachother to get a piece of leather filled with air. That's all it is. A bunch of men, running around, grabbing each other, all for what? A piece of leather filled with air. People get paid thousands of dollars a year to do nothing but that ?[face_plain]

And how about cricket? A bunch of men, whacking a ball around with a piece of wood. How stupid is that? Whacking a ball with a piece of wood, then running after it. Pointless.

I could go on . . . [face_devil]
  8. Norrad_Roff Force Ghost

star 4
    Yep, and you probably will.

//waves hand like Jedi like SWNZ

Sport IS good.
  9. ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Master

star 4
    My mum rang the school up and said i was sick this year for athletics day so i went to the comic shop. next year no pe for me horay

i hate cricket more than rubgy because cricket lasts longer and takes over all the good tv on 3 but rugby only lasts 80 mins

but i still think sport is barbaric and stipud today i had to smack some retard in the jaw cause he was pushing me round playing touch for pe the only reason for my retalation is my new stance against people who bully me knock em my hight and agilaty have helped now i have found strength but i will only use it on people who bully me untill they know i will knockem every time they do it.
  10. Buzz-Bumble Jedi Master

star 4
    I reckon sport is a totally pointless pastime, but if someone else wants to waste their own time like that who am I to argue - as long as they don't try pushing me into joining/watching.

They should NOT bump scheduled programming just for some sport (or anything else) - if this is a "sport mad" country why isn't there a free-to-air sports channel especially for it, surely they'd make a mint charging for advertising space.

Grrrr! :(
  11. SWNZ Jedi Master

star 4
    {chains myself to this thread in protest to the anti sports protests.}
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.