Thread holes

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Q99213, Aug 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Commander-DWH
  1. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm in the process of taking breast pockets off a uniform jacket and I was wondering if there was any way to get rid of the holes that the stiches leave behind? It's a white, 100% polyester suit-type jacket.
  2. FERDALUMP Jedi Knight

star 3
    Did you try washing it? Sometimes that can help make the holes less noticeable. Or maybe take a toothbrush and brush over the area to try to get the fibers to fill in the holes. If it is a HUGE problem -you can buy this product called 007 (yes, like Bond) It is a powder and you would need to take a tiny scrap piece of the fabric and cut it up into tiny pieces--like lint almost--then you mix that with a little bit of the powder then put it over the holes and then press with an iron. This will bond the fibers into the holes. This product is usually for ribs, tears, burn holes etc--but I think it would work in this case, too.

~Ferd :)
  3. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    Awesome, I'll give those a try! Thanks :)
  4. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    Well I went to the fabric store and the lady had no idea what I was talking about, so on a whim I came home and ironed over the holes and now you can't even tell there were pockets! The only thing is, there are two larger holes, one on each side, where the pocket stiching began and ended, so I may have to patch those somhow, but if I wear a white shirt underneath I don't think you can even tell. I just can't put it in the wash.
Moderators: Commander-DWH
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.