main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Thread of the Force Chapter 30 added. It's Finished It's Finished. Yippe Yahoo

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ZaraValinor, Jun 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZaraValinor

ZaraValinor Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2002
    Thanks, and yeah everything is coming down to this one moment. Where the destiny of the Force and our heros is decided.

2. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    Chapter 28: Life Creates It.

Hunched over the Sith Lady, Keorra worked to clean the electric burns that the Sith Lord, Nefarion,
    had bestowed upon his apprentice. She had never seen anything like it before and tried to resist
    going down the thought path that would lead her to the fact that her father, Kyp Durron, had once
    been able to do this very thing. It made her shudder to think of such a destructive power connected
    to her, even though she would never touch the eddies of the Force. That taint still dominated a part
    of her life, a part of her life she had never wanted to claim.

Now she was healing the very Sith that had nearly ruined a man she was just beginning to love. If
    one thing was true about the galaxy it had an awful sense of humor and she was far past being
    amused.

Analsa groaned gutturally, as Keorra slathered bacta gel all over her wounds. The young Upoi
    Soulreader thought it sounded more like relief. She knew that bacta was not only useful in healing
    but it did perform a balming effect to wounds, easing the pain in them.

?I'm just going to get some bandages,? she announced needlessly after slathering a fair amount over
    the reddened areas.

She dusted her hands off and spun on her heal, cursing that she hadn't asked Anakin more about
    supplies before he'd left. She began to rummage through the compartments inset in what once had
    been overhead smuggler caches. Keorra had been in enough converted freighters to recognize the
    signs. This knowledge, however, didn?t make it any easier in navigating through the Millenium
    Falcon

Her hands shook as she moved through the ship, the rest of her body having achieved a sort of
    mindless numb from the horror that Nefarion had done to her. Her mind had quickly followed suit
    with her body, blocking out the memory until she could deal with it properly. But her hands, her
    hands hadn?t been able to forget, they shivered and shook and would not be stopped.

She gathered Nefarion?s robes around her, trying to bring some warmth into her frigid body, in the
    attempt of staying her hands. It wasn?t as though the metallic ship was lending much in the way of
    heat and she knew the sooner they were off this rock and back at Karrde?s stronghold the better she
    would feel.

She found bandages inside an alcove in the gaming room and trotted back towards the medical bunk
    where Anakin had dumped Sarlana. Dread filled her as she starred at the now empty bunk.

?Oh poodoo!?

The pain was an old friend, something that Sarlana had lived with since the moment Padami had
    died. It was what had given her life meaning. As long as Nefarion had tested her loyalty, it meant
    that he had still wanted her, that he had still needed her. That was no longer the case.

Deep down, she had always known that Skywalker was meant to replace her. Perhaps Nefarion had
    even known that she would start to question the motives of the Dark Side, that she had been raised
    by the grandmother of those she was meant to betray. A sadistic twist in all of this was that the great
    Sith, Lord Nefarion himself, was twisting the beliefs of his own brother.

Her claims of mistreatment seemed petty in comparison. But she was about to change that, change
    it all.

[hr]

Keorra had a bad feeling about this and she wasn?t afraid to admit it.

She hadn?t been able to get a good read on Sarlana before Nefarion had electrocuted her, but she had
    seen into her soul, had seen the anger and hatred residing there. It nearly overpowered the masked
    hurt and desolation of spirit. She had seen that same sort of desolation inside Nefarion?s soul but
    a lot of that emptiness had been self-imposed. With Analsa it was as though Nefarion had been
    destroying her by degrees.

It was the first time that Keorra could truly sympathize with Analsa, having recently experienced the
    utter ruthlessness of the Sith Lord. It amazed her now that her father had been able to come back
    after seeing what a Sith was capable of.

What would Sarl

3. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    I don't think there is any good in Wannis. He's still thinking of nothing but power.

4. Aimeer9

Aimeer9 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 27, 2002
    Good post.

5. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    RebelMom

I don't think there is any good in Wannis. He's still thinking of nothing but power.

Oh, yeah power is everything he ever wanted.

Aimeer9

Good post.

Thanks.

6. Scorsa

Scorsa Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 18, 2002
    It seems that Ben might have to sacrifice himself to save the Force...I wonder...
    You certainly are keeping the plot in motion. Good post!

7. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    Scorsa

It seems that Ben might have to sacrifice himself to save the Force...I wonder...
    You certainly are keeping the plot in motion. Good post!

Oh Scorsa I'm glad you are getting this. I was so afraid that I hadn't built up the Force's problem enough. Thanks.

8. joy_noel

joy_noel Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 21, 2002
    I caught up with a lot of chapters over the past week. When I hear discriptions of the 'force room' that the three of them are in I get visions of the weird room in Matrix 2. You know, the one with the guy and all the TV screens. You'll be happy to know Zara that your room is much easier for me to understand than that Matirx one. ;)

I've enjoyed reading so much of the story at once. The fight between Ben and Wannis is very suspenseful, even more so now that Keorra is there. Sarlana's conflict has been interesting to read. She doesn't know if she's coming or going anymore. :( One of my favorite Anakin scenes in the more recent chapters is when they land on Linnal and he revels he's on to her. It was a fun passage to read.

Looking forward to the upcoming chapters!

9. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    {Joy_noel

I caught up with a lot of chapters over the past week. When I hear discriptions of the 'force room' that the three of them are in I get visions of the weird room in Matrix 2. You know, the one with the guy and all the TV screens. You'll be happy to know Zara that your room is much easier for me to understand than that Matirx one.

I've enjoyed reading so much of the story at once. The fight between Ben and Wannis is very suspenseful, even more so now that Keorra is there. Sarlana's conflict has been interesting to read. She doesn't know if she's coming or going anymore. One of my favorite Anakin scenes in the more recent chapters is when they land on Linnal and he revels he's on to her. It was a fun passage to read.

Looking forward to the upcoming chapters!

I haven't seen the second matrix, but I'm glad you understand the Force scene. It was very scary for me to write because it is so abstract. Yes Analsa is quite the confused woman and I love that Keorra is such a reckless character and pays for that recklessness, but still manages to give Ben a boost.

Chapter 29: Between You and Me, the Land and the Ship.

Cherrz stood before the Priestess Tor?aan. She was rightfully decorated with a large helm of living flesh sitting upon her high forehead. She reeked of power, Cherrz could smell it rolling off her in gagging waifs. At that moment drew upon everything that Ben Skywalker, Anakin Solo, and Corran Horn had taught him. Except once he pushed away his fear to draw upon the Force there would be no energy there to meet him.

?I am told that you divine the will of the gods,? Cherrz said by way of greeting. He would not bow in supplication but would treat her as he would any living thing, with open respect. ?Domain Cherrz holds my honor.?

?And what is it that you desire that you come before me the speaker of the gods, a clean faced separatist,? Tor?ann asked. She did not have the raspy voice that most Yuuzhan Vong, whether Devotee or Separatist, carried. Smooth, subtle, almost sensual with it?s intonation?s, Cherrz easily understood what it was that the Devotees saw in her as a leader. She called to you to believe in her words.

What would he ask her? There was nothing to back up his claim of the Force, nothing tangible to show them with. Perhaps he was only an anomaly, the lone Yuuzhan Vong to touch the infidels Force. Suddenly, he felt terribly alone.

?I?ve come to seek the wisdom of the gods,? he answered.

A cackle of laughter filled her. ?And why would the gods answer to a Separatist traitor??

?Possibly because I?ve come here to prove your gods false,? Cherrz elucidated.

He saw that his words had little affect upon the Priestess. She sat upon her high fleshy throne and gazed down at him with the expression that a bantha would look down on a womprat. As nothing of consequence.

?Forgive me if I don?t find the pronouncements of a Separatist to be anything of consequence,? Tor?ann said. ?And what part do you have to play in this, Yular??

The Supreme Overlord stood proudly before the Priestess. ?Since when does the Overlord answer to the priesthood cast??

?Since that Overlord has failed so many of the gods desires. Do we have control over this galaxy? Have the Jeedai been thwarted? Until that time comes you will answer to me. Is that understood?? Tor?ann asked.

The three Yuuzhan Vong below remained silent.

?Kill them,? Tor?ann ordered and with her words a line of Devotee warriors emerged from the shadows.

Without the Force, they were defenseless.

Jaina shuddered as a cold chill raked through her body. She faced of against the Warmaster, her breath tearing raggedly from lungs, heart pounding in her chest, pumping the poison more quickly through her body She could hear her Jag cry out but she didn?t dare take a glimpse in his direction. Hours ago she might have reached out to the Force to gauge his vital signs, but she couldn?t.

?Give it up, Jedi. You are beaten. It is useless to

10. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    I knew his brother was totally lost. Thank goodness they reached Ben.

11. Aimeer9

Sep 27, 2002
    I love this post. :D

12. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    RebelMom

I knew his brother was totally lost. Thank goodness they reached Ben.

I spent most of the second and the beginning of the third book trying to put it in doubt, but by the end, there was so much that Nefarion had done that I realized that Palpatine and his agents had completely corrupted Wannis.

Aimeer9

I love this post.

Thanks

13. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    Chapter 30: I Am a Jedi

Wannis' body had long since gone cold, his presence having left the moment he had ran both his
    past, present, and future through with the hiss of a lightsaber. Ben himself had not yet recovered
    from the trauma of healing the tapestry of the Force, the most evident feature of his
    accomplishment was the color of his eyes. Gone was the blue-green that had come every time
    the emotional grey had retreated, now only remained that slate steel color. To match it the hair at
    his temples had also gone grey.

Standing next to what was left of his brother, Ben felt that he was not yet ready to return to the
    life he had lived before his captivity. After escaping from a tumultuous Linnal, Anakin had
    contacted the Jedi Temple and had learned that the Temple had been freed, although there had
    been injuries. Jaina was now recovering under the watchful eye of the Jedi Healer Cighal.

Cherrz had managed to bring a truce between the Separatists and the Devotees and had
    overthrown the Sith's influence on the Devotee's. Ben had spoken to him and had learned that
    the moment he had healed the Force that all those Yuuzhan Vong that had been blinded in the
    Force had suddenly been reawaken Once everything had calmed down, Cherrz wanted to go and
    search out others like him and bring them to the Jedi. He also acknowledge that he still had so
    much to learn from the Jedi.

Because of the truce, Cherrz had convinced Supreme Overlord Yular to call off the attack on
    Mon Calamari and ordered them to help the Republic gain their ships back. Hundreds of lives
    had been saved in that one action.

Ben felt as though he should feel more triumphant with this day of freedom, yet looking at
    Wannis' cold face, he could not feel victory.

After they had escaped, Keorra had locked herself inside one of the Falcon's cabins and had
    not let anyone in save Analsa to bring in her meals. The Seer understood how much the
    Soulreader had given up to bring him back. What Nefarion had done to her would take time to
    heal and Ben wished to give her that time.

Analsa and Anakin, however, had talked into the night a number of times. Ben had heard them
    why he lay quietly in his bed, trying to restore the warmth inside his body, where he had given it
    to the Force. With time, he knew his wounds would heal, just as he had healed the past, allowing
    the future of the Force and the galaxy not to be tainted by the darkness it had suffered. The
    future was now up to those of the present. With that Ben was free.

Every one had been called back to Coruscant, where there was still so much work to be done in
    reorganizing the Temple. A thousand voice rose up his head, each speaking a question he knew
    that the Jedi would wish him to answer. He wondered if this was how his father felt as he had
    returned to Endor, successful, but still bereft of what he had accomplished.

?There is nothing you can do for him now, Ben,? Anakin said, leaning against the doorjamb.

Ben nodded. ?I wonder if there ever was.?

?You should be resting,? Anakin admonished gently.

?I'm fine,? he assured his Master. ?I couldn't stand lying in that bed any longer.?

?What did you do back there?? Anakin asked.

?What was necessary. I gave the Force a chance. We always wondered what happened to the
    Yuuzhan Vong to make them empty in the Force. Too much darkness had accumulated in their
    galaxy. The Force had to shut itself off or risk never being able to come back.?

Anakin digested this information. ?That's why the other Jedi can feel them now. But what about
    us??

?It took an act of healing,? Ben answered. ?When you received the gift you were so caught up in
    the Force that it healed you even as the Vong tore you down. I just brought it back when I gave
    you your rebirth.?

?Uncle Luke would have been proud of what you've accomplished,? Anakin suddenly changed
    subjects. Perhaps too uncomfortable with the thought of his own death and resurrection. ?I
    know I am.?

Ben could only

14. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    =D= =D=
    Congrats on a job well done.

15. Swift_Wrath_SAB

Swift_Wrath_SAB Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2004
    Now lets here some more of "Ben Skywalker, Secret Agent for the GFFA"! :D :D

16. Scorsa

Scorsa Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 18, 2002
    Oh wow! What an awesome ending...
    Without a doubt, the best writing ever on these boards... (well, IMO ;) )
    The whole trilogy was amazing. I gotta thank you Zara for keeping me entertained with your story. It was all-over excellent!

Again, great job!

17. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    RebelMom

Congrats on a job well done.

Thanks. I appreciate it.

Swift_Wrath_SAB

Now lets here some more of "Ben Skywalker, Secret Agent for the GFFA"!

Don't worry, I'll be heavy into Secret Agent now. But if you haven't gotten the chance you should really read this series.

Scorsa

Oh wow! What an awesome ending...
    Without a doubt, the best writing ever on these boards... (well, IMO )
    The whole trilogy was amazing. I gotta thank you Zara for keeping me entertained with your story. It was all-over excellent!

Again, great job!

Thanks. I'm not sure yet or not, but there is an idea for a sequel going in my mind, with Nefarion's child and Ben's children. It's just at the budding stage right now.

18. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
  19. Aimeer9

Sep 27, 2002
    It is kind of sad that the to see the story over, but was a great story. :D =D=

Good job, Zara!

20. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    Aimeer9

It is kind of sad that the to see the story over, but was a great story.

Good job, Zara!

Thanks. It was really sad for me to finish because I had gotten so connected to each of the characters. But it was time to come to the end.

21. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    *gapes in astonishment.* I don't know what to say, :_| It was so...*wipes away tears.* moving.

Terrific job. =D=

Thanks. I'm not sure yet or not, but there is an idea for a sequel going in my mind, with Nefarion's child and Ben's children. It's just at the budding stage right now.

*face brightens.* oh what a splendid idea. :) :D :)

22. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    jacen200015

*gapes in astonishment.* I don't know what to say, It was so...*wipes away tears.* moving.

Terrific job.

*face brightens.* oh what a splendid idea.

Thanks. I'm a little relieved that I've finished but at the same time it's sad to have to let it go.

23. joy_noel

joy_noel Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 21, 2002
    I've loved this trilogy so much. What a wonderful finish!

24. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    joy_noel

I've loved this trilogy so much. What a wonderful finish!

Thank you so much. I was so glad to have you return. I'm happy you enjoyed it.

25. JainaSolo-16

JainaSolo-16 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 1, 2003
    Hello,

Sorry I haven't replied before. I just found this story recently and I wanted to finish it before I replied.

This story was amazing! The story's plot was very original and exciting. I loved the way that you protrayed all the canon characters and your original charaters were just as wonderful.

No presure here, but if you decide to put a sequel out I am sure that I would read it. Again the story was great and was veyr enjoyable.

~JainaSolo-16~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.