main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Threads of Destiny online on February 23rd. (New trailer!)

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by RasBat, Jan 20, 2014.

1. RasBat

RasBat Jedi Master star 1

Dec 27, 2002
    Threads of Destiny is a fan-made feature film created by fans of George Lucas's Star Wars saga.

The director, actors, and the rest of the shooting team all live in Sweden, so the whole film was filmed in Stockholm - but all in English dialogue.
    Over 100 artists volunteered to work on the 1500+ vfx shots in the movie/film, using personal computers. Actually, lead artist Andreas Feix - who contributed close to 800 shots (721 in the final cut) since 2007 - did most of the work on a notebook.
    The project was created to give artisans and craftsmen the chance to showcase their work, allow all those involved a chance to live the dream, and maybe open the eyes in the industry as to what can be done with a small budget, dedicated people, and undiscovered talent.
    Threads of Destiny will be released worldwide on YouTube for everyone to experience on February 23.

Robi-Wan and DarkSapiens like this.
  2. DarkSapiens

DarkSapiens Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2005
    Having worked on it since around 2006, it's hard to believe this is finally happening [face_party]

3. keithabbott

keithabbott Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 1998
    It's been a long wait, but looking forward to it.

4. DARTHLARS

DARTHLARS Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    As it is after midnight on the 23rd over here already, it is available for online viewing and torrent download now! :D

www.swtod.com

5. DarkSapiens

DarkSapiens Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2005
    Hehehe, I was about to do that :)

BTW, one thing I forgot to say earlier is that more than a full minute of the credits in the film is a list of all the 3D models used from SWMA, Scifi3D and Scifi-meshes, specifying where each was downloaded from, and the original authors of every single one of them.
    It was important for us that proper credit is given where it was due, in the hopes that more model sharing could be done in the future with some guarantees that at least some people will use them properly. Thank you all for making this possible :)

Let us know what you think of the final result!

6. keithabbott

keithabbott Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 1998
    I'm finally getting around to posting after watching the movie day one. First off, I was able to get through the entire movie without giving up. So, in my opinion, at least it was entertaining. I liked the CGI and the acting was decent enough. The plot line was okay. So I in the end I enjoyed it enough. The only downside to the movie was the greenscreen work/rotoscoping/keying whatever they call it these days. It seems to me, and let me say I've got zero experience in visual editing, that there were a lot of unnecessary lightng or shimmering effects (I don't know what you call them) that were used throughout a decent portion of the movie. If I had to guess it was to try and blend the background and the characters through the use of quickly and badly attempted rotoscoping/keying of the characters to the background. I don't know if that makes any sense, but it just looked really really weird and unnecessary. But considering the length of the movie, I can understand why it would take forever to do that, and do it well. Anyone able to clarify what I'm trying to say here? Hopefully I'm not the only one noticing it.