main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Threads/Topics **Please Read**

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by Yoshee, Jun 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yoshee

Yoshee Former RSA & CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2002
    Hi Guys and Gals!

I have a small request to ask of you all, with regards to keeping threads on topic.

We have too many threads on here that always end up with brawls, and other weirdness (which is no bad thing it's self), that for any lurkers who may want to join here it must look a bit off putting.

So if we could all just try and keep on topic in the appropriate threads from now on please? :)

We have 2 threads that can be classed as official brawl threads, Livi's 'I need ahhhh anyone' thread, and S_f's 'Kill Yoshee' thread.

The reason I ask this is, because it won't be too long before interest in SW picks up again, and there will be new posters, here and on the main board, and I would like for it to be as easy for them to post as possible, without them being confused lol

Thanks all. :)

2. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    How many threads actually go off topic?

Most of them don't seem to have topics

3. Yoshee

Aug 3, 2002
    Precisely. :D

4. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
  5. Yoshee

Aug 3, 2002
    My point is, is that nearly all the threads here, once they have had a few on topic posts, go way off topic and turn into social type threads, and so losing any chance of the topic being picked up at a later date.

A good example of what I am hoping to avoid, would be the Football thread. Ok, it's still on topic, but given time, it will have turned into a totaly different thread with the actual meaning completely lost, as is the way here lol.

Bottom line is, I am just asking that Movie threads be about movies, birthday threads be about birthday wishes, social threads be...well, the madhouses they already are and so on and so on.....

:p

6. ask-the-younglings

ask-the-younglings Jedi Youngling star 5

Jan 18, 2004
    *is so tempted to mischievously derail this thread with weirdness & brawling [face_mischief]*

*But won't O:)*

Edit - maybe look out for uk n00bs on the main welcome board?

Maybe a welcome thread thread here that we all make an extra special effort not to derail?

Dunno about you guys, but I sometimes send an invite here by PM if I think someone would fit in (eg Darth_H & SB)

7. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Sounds like a jolly good idea

8. Darth_MacDaddy

Darth_MacDaddy Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2003
    Hi Guys and Gals!

I have a small request to ask of you all, with regards to keeping threads on topic.

We have too many threads on here that always end up with brawls, and other weirdness (which is no bad thing it's self), that for any lurkers who may want to join here it must look a bit off putting.

So if we could all just try and keep on topic in the appropriate threads from now on please?

We have 2 threads that can be classed as official brawl threads, Livi's 'I need ahhhh anyone' thread, and S_f's 'Kill Yoshee' thread.

The reason I ask this is, because it won't be too long before interest in SW picks up again, and there will be new posters, here and on the main board, and I would like for it to be as easy for them to post as possible, without them being confused lol

Thanks all.

Why do I feel this is going to be extremely difficult!! [face_mischief]

[face_monkey]

9. Yoshee

Aug 3, 2002
    Lol well, you could be right Dm, but we shall see eh? [face_mischief] :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.