Three cheers for Magus Anton Szandor LaVey!

Discussion in 'Big Brother 5' started by Sith-Lord-Gunray, Jun 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MsLanna Force Ghost

star 6
    o_O
    :rolleyes:

You know what?
    I'll help you SLG.

2. Sith-Lord-Gunray Ex-Mod

star 7
  3. hudzu Force Ghost

star 6
    i wouldn't try to out-goth slg.
  4. Daft-Vader Force Ghost

star 8
  5. MsLanna Force Ghost

star 6
    Oh well, the one time I rely on the net it eats half my mssage - I meant help with getting me out of the house.
  6. Sith-Lord-Gunray Ex-Mod

star 7
    I officially challenge you to a goff-off.
  7. MsLanna Force Ghost

star 6
  8. zacparis VIP

star 7
    Who would win a fight between one goth and one visigoth?
  9. PRENNTACULAR VIP

star 6
    Set a fire in her goth-imposter flesh!
  10. harpua Chosen One

star 8
    Most goths I've met are either athiest or agnostic... neither of which really believe in satan.

I mean, that's not to say that there aren't goths who worship the beast, I'm sure there are many who do... just like some trailer trash, rednecks, break dancers, etc, who believe in satan, I'm sure. I'm not sure that style / image has a whole lot to do with faith, etc...

11. zacparis VIP

star 7
    In all seriousness, why do people worship Satan? Isn't he supposed to represent eternal pain and suffering? No matter how "cool" he seems, it really can't be worth going to hell for. Can it?

Or is that just the stereotypical Christian view of him? Is there more to him that one might discover by following his church?
  12. harpua Chosen One

star 8
    Stereotypical Christian view.

Things aren't always so black / white, good / evil, boy / girl, as one would like to believe they are.

Myself, I'm agnostic... until I see that either one exist[ed], I do not subscribe to any particular religion. I tend to lean towards paganism, but there are aspects of Buddhism that I find interesting. I don't know that I could / would ever devote myself to one way of thinking / believing. I like to stay open and allow myself to keep learning.
  13. zacparis VIP

star 7
    A friend of mine considered Buddhism, but he didn't like the alcohol policy.
  14. MsLanna Force Ghost

star 6
    prenn :rolleyes:

My experience, too, harpuah. So far I have met like one avowed and practising Satanist. No, make that two, I think. [face_thinking]
    The other goths are all more just-not-Christian, Wiccan or trying Odin/Thor or Egyptian Gods.

As for me, so far Stan didn't find it necessary to call on me. that means that either I am doing everything right [face_dancing] or I am already lost to the minions of God. :oops:

There's other depictions of Satan, Sam. You should try Milton's 'Paradise Lost' one day. very good depiction of Stan. You should skip the bits in heaven though, because they're drop dead boring to read.
    Or Anne Rices 'Memnoch the Devil'. I'm sure there's more books like that, but I can't think of any others right now. Oh, maybe 'The Prophecy' with Aragorn, um that Viggo guy as Satan works too?:confused:

Any, way, what I really meant to say, SLG was me not posting her until I got my current FanFic challenge finished. Gawds, I hate that one.:oops:
  15. zacparis VIP

star 7
    Thanks Mel, I quoted Milton earlier in this thread. :p

I have a copy of Paradise Lost that was published in 1819... it's a bit on the crusty side but it's one of my favourite possessions. :D
  16. MsLanna Force Ghost

star 6
    Geez, man! Go to the library and lend a copy to read. You don't wanna destroy a treasure like that by accident....:eek:
    I knew Milton was mentioned before, just didn't realise it had been you...[face_blush]

I love Milton. Learnt that one monolgue by heart one. It's so beautiful, and so alive. Maybe because it was written when the whole thing was still supposed to become a play.

*thinks hard*

Oh thou that with surpassing glory crwoned
    lookst from they sole dominion like the god
    of this new world...

Darn, forgot most of it again.:oops:
  17. zacparis VIP

star 7
    It's hardly a treasure. :p It's not exactly in the best condition by preservation standards, and it only cost me £50.
  18. MsLanna Force Ghost

star 6
    Well, that's more than any book in my collection is worth.;)
  19. Daft-Vader Force Ghost

star 8
    I thought Goths were just teenagers that coloured their hair black and just went around looking depressed...
  20. MsLanna Force Ghost

star 6
    [image=http://nymag.com/images/2/daily/entertainment/07/07/24_robertsmith_lgl.jpg]
    Teenager?o_O

:p
  21. Daft-Vader Force Ghost

star 8
    I don't know, I am not good with ages. Who is he?

Sp who is a Goth here then?
  22. MsLanna Force Ghost

star 6
    I should have looked for a pic where he shows his age more...

*goes searching*

[image=http://www.contactmusic.com/pics/lb/nme_awards_250209/robert_smith_2309058.jpg]

Better? Not sure how old he's exactly, but IIRC, he's been a teenager at least 30 years back..

In the house, probably just me. Except if you count SLG, but she's a mod, so I am not sure she counts as 'in the house'...:confused:
  23. Daft-Vader Force Ghost

star 8
    You and SLG are Goths???

But you seem so happy, not at all a depressed teenager

SLG, well, I don't know...

with the pictures, so you can have old grumpy Depressed people...
  24. MsLanna Force Ghost

star 6
    I thought it was EMOs who were sad all the time?:confused:
    And who said you can't have happy doom and gloom?
    Though I might be depressive, if that helps any?
  25. Daft-Vader Force Ghost

star 8
    Well, what are Goths and EMUs then?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.