main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Three Innocuous Questions

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by Kenneth Morgan, May 3, 2015.

1. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    If I should put these in an existing thread, please let me know. And, so far as I'm aware, none of these should involve major spoilers. Anyway...

First, is the London Symphony Orchestra doing the music for TFA?
    Second, has anyone confirmed if all of the credits (except for the Disney and Lucasfilm logos) will be at the end?
    Third, will TFA have an actual painting for the movie poster, or are they going with Photoshop?

Just thought I'd ask...

2. Ginkasa

Ginkasa Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 13, 2002
    Regarding the second question...

Considering the second teaser, I don't expect the Walt Disney logo to appear at all in either the marketing or the film itself. The second teaser only uses the Lucasfilm logo at the beginning. I would presume Disney is using the Lucasfilm brand in the same way they use the Marvel brand. If you look at the Marvel movies, the only logo that ever appears is the Marvel logo. The Disney name only appears at the very end of the credits stating the movie was distributed by them.

I know this wasn't exactly what you were asking, but that's all I've got for you.

TheOneX_Eleazar and Skellybobs like this.
  3. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    1) Nope. While John Williams is still making the music, it will be recorded in Los Angeles. Probably because of Williams' age - he's over 80.
    2) I don't think it has been confirmed, but I'm pretty sure they won't change the style of the openings. A lot of films don't have credits up front nowadays.
    3) We don't know, but hopefully they will go for a painted poster.

Skellybobs likes this.
  4. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    So now the big mystery (I think it's a mystery) is what will be used to fill in that space before the main theme and during the Lucasfilm logo.
    I think it should be noted that the London Symphony Orchestra was not used with John Williams for E.T., Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, Home Alone, Jurassic Park, Schindler's List, and Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, and yes I had to look that up.

5. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    Not really a mystery. The new logo and fanfare was released about three weeks ago and is currently playing in front of the new digital versions that Disney is distributing online.

6. Bobatron

Sep 3, 2012
    Well I kno tha
    Well I know that and I'm not looking at that video or even the screenshot you linked, so for people intending to be spoiler-free, how that sounds is still kind of a mystery.

7. natureboy76

natureboy76 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 11, 2009
    I watched it and I must say I am outraged they actually have Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck dueling with lightsabers as Minnie Mouse looks on in Leias slave outfit!!!

8. Alienware

Alienware Jedi Master star 3

Apr 19, 2013
    Doesn't spoiler-free mean that you don't look at information that isn't official? Unless you're hardcore and don't even watch the trailers or anything shared publicly by Disney themselves.

Anyway, it isn't confirmed that this intro will be in TFA, but is at least somewhat likely to be.

9. WriterMan

WriterMan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2012
    Just think, in fifty years, we'll be saying: "I remember back in my day when the 20th Century Fox logo played at the beginning.."

10. Bobatron

Sep 3, 2012
    Yes, that is what spoiler-free means to me.

TheOneX_Eleazar likes this.
  11. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I wish I had your discipline!
    How's that working for you now that magazine covers have started to have pictues from the film on them? I saw the Empire Magazine covers at my local store just a few days ago.

12. Bobatron

Sep 3, 2012
    I hardly encounter magazine covers but I will be careful not to look at the ones in the grocery check-out lane. I did notice a ship on one of the Walmart door scanners after toys went on sale, so when I see stuff like that I look away. I never saw the cover of the Vanity Fair issue, although I accidentally saw a picture of a character without realizing what I was seeing until I noticed the VF logo in the corner.

13. ObidioJuan

ObidioJuan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2002
    I for one would not mind if they went back to the original style of posters from the original Star Wars and "The Empire Strickes Back".

The PT style posters are nice also with the faces, but to me the original Star Wars posters are the best overall. IMHO

TheOneX_Eleazar likes this.
  14. Bobatron

Sep 3, 2012
    I remembered this post. Well now. It seems that wasn't accurate either. I didn't expect the Lucasfilm logo to be accompanied by existing Star Wars music before the Main Theme. Because of what this implied, mentioning "fanfare," I expected all new music for the Lucasfilm name and not simply the silence. I do prefer the silence as the alternative to the 20th Century Fox theme.

15. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    yeah, I was expecting the same musical tease in the Lucasfiilm logo as in the digital versions but they went for Silence is Golden option, which, to be fair, did incite a lot of murmurs of excitement when it came up.

16. AmySolo

AmySolo Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 12, 2016
    Murmurs. o_O

Dude people cheered for it, A long time ago, and went berserk when Star Wars came on screen xD

EHT likes this.
  17. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    It was tempered murmurs and low cheers for "A Long time Ago" and THEN people lose their minds for the Star Wars logo. collectively in my burg, people know to give more a hushed awed silence for A Long Time Ago. It's the Star Wars logo when people cheer like crazy.

18. AmySolo

AmySolo Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 12, 2016
    "know to give" Let me love how I wanna. YOU'RE NOT MY REAL DAD

19. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    When "A long time ago[...]" came up, everyone in my theatre went quiet (except for an elderly man who kept talking throughout the movie. I'm not sure he knew where he was), and then the only sound from the audience for the rest of the movie was laughter at the funny bits and some loud sobbing at places. No cheering, no screaming, hardly any talking, and then loud applause when the credits rolled.

An almost perfect audience!