main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

THREE WORDS...

Discussion in 'Archive: Tulsa, OK' started by GENERAL_FEL, Oct 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GENERAL_FEL

GENERAL_FEL Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2001
    OH MAH GAWD!!!

That is all I can say after just having finished watching Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark on DVD. I broke down and bought the DVDV trilogy set this afternoon, and we sat down for family night to watch the first film.

The clarity of picture is PHENOMENAL! It almost looks like a new movie! I always thought the first clean-up of the SW prints for the SE was pretty sharp, but this takes the cake. I imagine they will do the same to SW when it comes out on DVD within the next two years or so. I can hardly wait! Anyway, we plan on watching Temple and Crusade later this week.

As for the sound...there are not words to describe it, IMHO. And that's just coming from my little home theater. For those of you with a more serious set-up, you will know what I am talking about. The score seemed more present than ever before, and it truly enhanced the movie. At one point of the movie in Cairo, Valerie and I both jumped when we heard what appeared to be several Arab fellows conducting thier evening prayers from somewhere directly behind our couch. It was incredible.

The Bonus Materials DVD is packed with a ton of goodies, interviews, and "making of" segments for each film. In fact, this disc is every bit as entertaining as the movies themselves.

Highly recommended! Absolutely Fantastic!

2. kirby2112

kirby2112 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 4, 2002
    I have to say, I was expecting a lot from this DVD, and it was everything that I wanted and more! I agree, the film transition to DVD is phenomonal, and the 5.1 sound on it just absolutely rocks.
    I haven't watched the 4th disk yet, but I can't wait to. I DID, however, watch the Best Buy '5th' disk, of which I was dissapointed. For those that can't or didn't get it, you're not missing much. It's only about 10 minutes long, and doesn't have time to get in depth about anything in Raiders. It's a good addition to the set, but don't be upset if you couldn't get it.
    Let's hope that the transition for SW to DVD is this good!

3. goldbubbly

goldbubbly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2002
    in the script you don't like fire, why do you like fire? you're ruining my movie!

^horrible quote, but yes, funny.

4. AladdinSane

AladdinSane Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 2, 2003
    You guys are gonna make it hard for me to make Amanda wait to get this for her B-Day 11/24 ...
    She's already begging.

Should she get an early present or should I make her wait?!?!

rs

5. Calli

Calli Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    *chants*

Early Present

Early Present

Early Present

Early Present

Hehehehe

6. banditajs

banditajs Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 31, 2002
    Thanks Kenzi!! I keep trying for the early present. I'm impatient.

7. AladdinSane

Mar 2, 2003
    Well, if she's good in the store today we might pick it up. BUT, it can't come out of the wrapper, yet.
    She's probably banking on my impatience to watch (listen) to it once the discs are in the house.
    BUT I HAVE WILL POWER!

8. MysticTrunks01

MysticTrunks01 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2002
    We got it just haven't had time to pop one in, what with people having parties in stuff... *stares blankly*

9. Maumi

Maumi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 28, 2002
    Make her wait

Make her wait

Make her wait

It's only 23 more days!!!

10. MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002

MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 2, 2002
    If I have to wait til Christmas, you can surely wait til your birthday. I think it's a form of torture personally, but I can see how bad birthdays and holidays would be if you got all your presents when you wanted them.

11. banditajs

banditajs Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 31, 2002
    Thanks Shelbi [face_mischief]

He's going to make me wait. Hopefully it'll be a fast month.

12. AladdinSane

Mar 2, 2003
    Actually, I'm gonna buy it tomorrow and put it on the shelf UNOPENED, maybe even gift wrapped, and make her look at it for 3 weeks.

Shelbi, we'll tell you how great it is on 11/24 ... then you'll only have 1 month to wait.

:D :D :D :D :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.