main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Star Wars: Battlefront (2015) & Battlefront 2 (2017) [Mod Approved]

Discussion in 'Community' started by IG_2000, Jun 10, 2013.

1. vw_jedi

vw_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2002
    It's been so funny to play the last day. Used to be any time you ran in the open, homing locks galore.

Seems now that it's been nerfed everyone has abandoned it!

Playing whole Walker Assault rounds, like 15+ minutes long, not a single lock on. Haha...

2. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    Maybe it's just because I haven't played much of survival but holy bantha that map is huge comparatively to the other smaller maps.

3. vw_jedi

Feb 18, 2002
    No it is. I took note of that when I played Drop Zone on it.

Mentioned it here yesterday as well because I found it humorous that all he DL-44 users all of a sudden found themselves in long range firefights. I was picking them off from across the canyon with my E-11. Ooops...

he-guy likes this.
  4. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Yeah, I liked getting the new maps for droid run. I was still using the DL-44 last night as I only had to get 3 more headshots to get that achievement, and I could immediately tell it was weaker. I would be one of those players getting picked off from across the canyon. I got my achievement and shortly changed over to a blaster rifle...

In other exciting news, I hit rank 50. I'm not sure if the game is tracking for a future update where I would still be a rank 50 or 51 if I stopped playing today and players that have been rank 50 for a month or two would find themselves at rank 70 or something?

5. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I haven't been playing all that much the past few weeks cause I recently downloaded a 14-day trial of Final Fantasy XIV and just want to get the most out of it before the trial expires. I'm currently at rank 35 in Battlefront.

6. Jedimaster_Darklight

Jedimaster_Darklight Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 22, 2005
    I've also had quite a blast, after the update brought some changes to the table. I always had fun, even when I was struggling, but now it seems the feeling of success is more within my reach than previously.

... of course, I would like to think it's because I've become better at the game, but alas... :p

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  7. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    One thing I'm curious to see is how it affected Han Solo on Heroes v. Villains mode. It always seemed that he was ridiculously OP.

8. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    I'm glad someone someone here feels that way. I feel like the game is getting harder (must be that competitive matchmaking system they were talking about before launch). My kill to death ratio has gone way down and I can never seem to claim the most droids anymore either.

9. Boski

Boski Jedi Grand Master star 1

May 19, 2005
    I think the most thing that is infuriating to me is the air support. They could have keep the homing shot as it was if they would just do away with air vehicles. Its such a pain in the ass. Spawn get raped, spawn get raped, rinse and repeat.

10. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

Yeah air support is a pain. I think they should limit it to maybe two uses per map.

Boski likes this.
  11. AndrewPascoe

Apr 26, 2014
    Anyone else get stun locked during Heroes Vs Villians? Is that a normal thing or was I just glitching? So annoying as I'd get stuck before I could do any good as a hero. Only experienced it as a hero too.

12. AndrewPascoe

Apr 26, 2014
    Anyone else get stun locked during Heroes Vs Villians? Is that a normal thing or was I just glitching? So annoying as I'd get stuck before I could do any good as a hero. Only experienced it as a hero too.

13. Julianlion

Julianlion Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 18, 2016
    The update really affected the dl-44 players. It was a needed nerf but a bit much for my liking. The ee-3 for a huge nerf with the explosive shots and time being reduced. That's going to affect me for sure. If they nerf the ee-3 in the future I'll have no choice but to switch to the e-11.

I did find myself not playing battlefront as much because I was really losing my touch in battlefield 4. It's just a totally different type of shooter. I found my aiming was terrible and my run and gun instinct from battlefront was getting me demolished. I was target practice lol.

14. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

If you're on PSN, what's your handle so we could add you to the JCF community group?

15. AndrewPascoe

Apr 26, 2014
    PacoPascoe is my psn. The Wookie bowcaster is absolutely useless. I reckon they should change it to a power up instead of a star card and return it to its former glory.

16. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

I sent you a friend request through my Playstation app. Once I go on again, I'll send you an invite into the Community group.

17. -Jedi Joe-

-Jedi Joe- Jedi Master star 2

May 6, 2013
    My PSN is TK-727. I don't play too much but would be interested in joining the group.

18. Julianlion

Jan 18, 2016
    Julianlion15 is my psn
    Send me an invite. If I'm playing with the ee-3 it's me..if I'm running around with the e-11 or that little scout pistol it's my son. He's won't be much help to the squad lol.

19. AndrewPascoe

Apr 26, 2014
    Scout pistol master race! New favourite star card.

20. Giovs

Giovs Jedi Master star 3

Apr 29, 2013
    Wow, there's a JCF comunnity group for the game?
    You can add me in as well, my psn is giovspedico.

21. Jedimaster_Darklight

Jedimaster_Darklight Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 22, 2005
    Yay, the group is growing!

It appears EA's "offical" reasoning for not putting content from TFA (or the OT) into Battlefront is because they don't want to contradict Star Wars canon?!

Given the fact Battlefront is like a collection of "What if"-scenarios, I find that argument to be shallow and a bit insulting to the fans. We could easily comprise a long list of stuff in the game that in one way or the other go against established Star Wars canon. Why can't they just be honest about it and say "We don't have the resources", " We are greedy and want to save this stuff for Star Wars Battlefront 12" or "We only care about the OT"?

22. vw_jedi

Feb 18, 2002
    The real reason is more likely so they don't blow all their options on BF 1. By saving the prequel and sequel trilogies for later, they can make BF 2, BF 3, etc...

Though I will not be purchasing any further BF games so long as EA and DICE are making them. Fool me once and all that.

23. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    Cough Greed.

They do have the resources.
    I mean the game is lovely. Quarren, Ishi tib, Sullustans? It just fails to do justice with the Battlefront title.
    The game mechanics do NOT work.
    The single player is a joke.
    The options are nill.

Guess DLC and future content outweighs a good game, that was/is completely possible.
    No excuses.

The market and company are all wrong. Playability should be the focus not money and multiplayer.

(Oh and even if there was Prequel/TFA/EU stuff it still wouldn't make the game good. The mechanics are broken, it is just not good enough. Copy Free radicals singleplayer.)

24. Julianlion

Jan 18, 2016
    Not sure I understand what you mean by playability and mechanics. Maybe you're talking about a story mode or replay factor. In which case I would agree. But the mechanics of the game as far as game play are fine. The auto aim assist is a little annoying but not a deal breaker. For me personally I think the game plays smooth, looks awesome and is balanced. But I don't play missions or campaigns or anything like that so I'm biased.

he-guy, Legolas22 and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  25. Cheeky Potato

Cheeky Potato Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 5, 2015
    Hey, could i be added to the group too? My psn name is darth-codykins