main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Star Wars: Battlefront (2015) & Battlefront 2 (2017) [Mod Approved]

Discussion in 'Community' started by IG_2000, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Legolas22

Legolas22 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 13, 2016
    Yeah that thing is great especially when defending uplink stations, droids, and pods. Also, is there a JCF Xbox group or is it just for PSN?

2. Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest Chosen One star 6

Nov 1, 2012
    I'm willing to join a JCF Xbox Gaming group. For anyone looking for a good Battlefront player, my gamertage is MADaboutMOXXI. I have three rules:
    1. You must have a mic
    2. You must have fun
    3. You must send me a message about who you are and where you are from. This way I can add you as a friend as well.
    I am +8 (GMT) just so everyone knows.

3. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    One year psn memberships are on sale on ebay right now for $42.99 if anyone needs to add a year.

Ahsoka's Tano and vw_jedi like this.
  4. choccy

choccy Jedi Grand Master star 2

Apr 18, 2004
    Bring on the new Maps!!

I hate the weapons now, I can't seem to kill anyone with a rifle!

5. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014

I don't even understand how they've considered the weapons, including the DL-44, have been "nerfed". When I was playing the game recently, there were countless times when I was shot down by a single bullet by that blaster.

6. Julianlion

Julianlion Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 18, 2016
    I had my best game with no heroes or vehicles used the other day. 61 kills 12 deaths on supremacy. Felt pretty good. I usually need heroes or vehicles to break the 50s. I'm by no means saying I'm good. Just happy with that game :)

When is everyone down to get a good big game going on supremacy ? Let me know.

Boski and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  7. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Check the community group to see if anyone happens to be on when you are, and send a game invite. I've joined games with a few of the current members on occasion.

I'm no good with the heroes, which is why I barely play the "Heroes vs. Villains" mode unless there's a challenge given (the other day there was a "play as a hero" challenge).

8. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    This game is a lot more fun now, IMO.

I'm not getting killed cheaply by the DL-44 or the Jump Pack/Bowcaster combo.

However, I'm dying under highly suspect and mysterious circumstances now. Sometimes I'll be killed by a thermal detonator that doesn't explode or I will have full health and get one-shotted by weapons with a low damage rate, and it has been happening more often post update.

9. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

Which weapons?

10. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Is the game fun cause I'm tempted to get it now

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  11. vw_jedi

vw_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2002
    I would honesty suggest you rent it or borrow it first. Battlefront is likely the most polarizing game I have ever played.

I feel like it's the video game embodiment of Newtons third law. For every good aspect of the game, there is an equal and opposite bad aspect waiting to crush your soul.

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  12. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

Depends on what your tastes are. If you're looking for a Star Wars game that's just as fun offline as it is online, than it's not for you. Myself, the lack of a significant offline mode doesn't bother me. I'm paying for PS Plus so I can go online and play games like this with hundreds of people all over the world. Depending on your preferences, you can have smaller, more intimate matches like 8 on 8, or full scale hordes going up to 20 on 20. And the maps are big enough (or small enough) to support both.

13. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012

In short spurts, yes. Since it's launch i've played a total of twenty hours (according to Origin). So while I haven't obsessed over the game, and have been easily distracted by other games, Battlefront does intermittently keep me coming back when i'm in the mood for it. But, as I mentioned in a previous post, the game is still incomplete along with having a (still) poor matchmaking system and server population issues. Is it worth the current price? No. But are there worse ways to spend that sum of cash? Yes. Keeping in mind the first tier of paid DLC has yet to be released. There are four tiers of paid DLC which are said to be released between now and January of 2017. So not only does Battlefront's enjoyment hinge on subscribing to the game, it also requires you to be on board for another full year to truly redeem the game's worth.

Tempted?

14. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

Referring to Origin, is it safe to assume you're using a PC for the game? The server population issues might be an issue based on the platform, rather than on the game itself.

15. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012

Yes, PC. As far as I know I don't believe PS or XB have an accompanying launcher for their games. Though, I suppose the act of owning a console and using the online features in itself is a form of DRM so I guess it's relative.

You're possibly correct with the server population issues as hardly any of the PC gamers I chat with have purchased this game let alone play it.

16. Hermi_Odle

Hermi_Odle Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 18, 2011
    Any chance I could get added to the PSN group please? Username SMThomasson

Thanks!

17. Julianlion

Julianlion Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 18, 2016
    I'm about to kick my son off and play a few matches. Anyone going to be on soon?

18. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

Sent you a Friend Request.

To everyone, if I haven't added you to the JCF Community Group on PSN, please remind me to do so by messaging me (PSN Jon1277)

19. choccy

Apr 18, 2004
    I died last night by stepping on a mine that wasn't even there!!

To make it worse, It was at the beginning when i was on my own side!!

20. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

That doesn't make much sense. When you mention a "mine", do you mean the proximity bomb? If it was in the beginning of the match, and someone on your own side put it down, you shouldn't have been affected by it.

21. Hermi_Odle

Hermi_Odle Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 18, 2011
    Gracias ;)

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  22. Legolas22

Legolas22 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 13, 2016
    As a level 50, I'd recommend giving the DH-17 a try. It is like a 4-5 shot kill at mid to close range (also has a good rate of fire), and is great if you are pushing objectives. But, it isn't the greatest at long range so put on a jet pack to up close and personal with them or use a pulse rifle to take them out.

Mr. Forest I am also willing to join an Xbox JCF, my gt is MasterYoda874, and I am -9(Alaska Time Zone).

Mr. Forest likes this.
  23. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    Switch it up. Currently going between EE-3 and the good old e11. Then the Dh-17. I find you can get into a rut and changing weapons makes you play differently.

Boski likes this.
  24. choccy

Apr 18, 2004

Yeah Proximity bomb. I took like 5 steps at beginning of match and booom lol I was like WT..

25. Boski

Boski Jedi Grand Master star 1

May 19, 2005

I rotate between EE3 and A280C. I can't get down with the E11 for some reason.