main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Star Wars: Battlefront (2015) & Battlefront 2 (2017) [Mod Approved]

Discussion in 'Community' started by IG_2000, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014

The "hit box/hitzone" thing is the issue I was fuzzy about. I'm not sure what you're referring to. Do you mean the targeting icon?

2. vw_jedi

vw_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2002
    Quick question for the members of the ps4 community group here on TFN. Have you guys set up any private matches yet?

I don't know anyone who's utilized that feature yet. I'm curious as to how it works, or if it even does.

3. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

That makes two of us.

4. Legolas22

Legolas22 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 13, 2016
    A hitbox is an invisible box-like area that when penetrated, counts as a "hit." In battlefront, the a-wings have a very small hitbox compared to the hitbox of the x-wings and tie fighters. So basically, you are less likely to receive a hit on a-wings compared to the other vehicles. I find that to be a bit unfair for the empire.

5. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

I'll be honest, even though Fighter Squadron is by far my favorite mode, I've hardly noticed the difference.

6. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    They're working on the A-Wing hit box.

Legolas22 likes this.
  7. Julianlion

Julianlion Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 18, 2016
    Played supremacy yesterday and there was this one guy flying a A-wing just doing rounds on our ground troops. I mean usually air vehicles get shot down quickly or people can't fly them that great. But this guy was just going to town. I never fly anything but this time I think everybody said f-this this punk needs to get taken down. Needless to say he went like 38-1 and disrupted everything. Tip my hat to you basted ;)

8. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

Whenever I get killed by an air vehicle during one of the ground assault modes, I always flip my star cards deck to include the ion cannon and shot when I respawn. Payback's a you-know-what ;-)

9. vw_jedi

Feb 18, 2002
    It's not though, because the same idiot is likely camping the vehicle tokens, knows exactly where to go as soon as he spawns to grab another, and will be back in the sky within a few seconds. Zero consequences to him, other than he'll have a 68/1 rather than a 68/0. He'll still have the most kills with the least risk, and have done nothing toward the objective. And he will laugh the whole time as you are canon fodder to him, while the game spawns you right out in the open, like a little cricket in a reptile tank waiting to be eaten.

10. Legolas22

Legolas22 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 13, 2016
    I'll admit I do that sometimes because you can rack up some serious points (but I do not shoot them at the spawn point). I'm also the guy that tries to run over people with speeders and contribute very little to the game sometimes. But in the end, those guys that you call "idiots" are just having some good fun.

he-guy and Darthmaul208 like this.
  11. vw_jedi

Feb 18, 2002
    Please don't feel too bad about my idiots comment. Quite frankly the biggest idiot is me. I payed good money for this game after really not enjoying it during the Beta.

Legolas22 likes this.
  12. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I ask you, is there a more worthless pickup in the ground modes than "Card Refresh"? Seems like I get it just about every game.

13. Hermi_Odle

Hermi_Odle Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 18, 2011
    So, what figures do you guys have in your diorama? I only got 10 so far...

14. Julianlion

Julianlion Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 18, 2016
    Just when I start getting my k/d ratio close to a 1.0 my son has a 1-26 game...yeah screw it it's going to be a mess and there's nothing that can be done lol.

Boski and he-guy like this.
  15. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    I have no idea how many diorama things I have. Zero interest in ticking off a list of challenges. Just enjoy playing haha.

Julianlion likes this.
  16. Hermi_Odle

Hermi_Odle Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 18, 2011
    Yeah same here, I just got the figures accidentally by playing, not intentionally trying to unlock them :p

Julianlion likes this.
  17. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    I would try if there was actually a chance of getting them all. Winning 10 games of Hero Hunt? Not happening. All Survival missions on Master? Nope.

18. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

That's pretty much my sentiments. I think the last diorama figure I got was Han Solo, for reaching one million points or something on multiplayer.

Here's the list of the diorama unlocks:
    https://www.primagames.com/games/st...ars-battlefront-unlock-every-diorama-figurine

19. vw_jedi

Feb 18, 2002
    Depends on how you use it.

I like card refresh for when you are sniping. I also like it for when you want to cross the battlefield with your jump pack. Two jumps in a row lets you cover some distance.

Quite frankly the rocket launcher is the most useless in my opinion. The only thing it can destroy in one shot is another soldier. It's terrible at hitting aircraft, and even when you do destroy, "hardware," such as the AT-ST, Aircraft, Turret, etc. They are back in action a few seconds later, often with the same exact person piloting.

hippie1kenobi likes this.
  20. Jedimaster_Darklight

Jedimaster_Darklight Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 22, 2005
    I also tend to receive the "Card Refresh" pickup at a very steady pace. It does bother me at times - especially when you are in dire need of, say, a rocket launcher or an infantry turret - but I often use it to throw two grenades in quick succession. It can really pay off.

Regarding the diorama... I think it's a neat feature, but I'm not at all inclined to collect them. Some of the challenges seems aimed at getting people to play outside of their comfort zone, but they also seem like too much of a hassle in the long run. I just want to play the game, live in the matches and find the droids I'm looking for... ;)

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  21. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    I think the cannon is the most worthless power up. It's helpful if all your enemies are all in front of you and a bit further away, but if anyone can come up beside you, it doesn't seem like I can react fast enough to not get killed first.

I like being able to "refresh" my thermal detonator when guarding a door in some modes.

22. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

What do you mean by "use it to throw two grenades in quick succession"? I always thought it just forced you to hunt for a new pickup to swap it. Never figured it actually meant that it "refreshes" your star cards. Duh. :oops:

Jedimaster_Darklight likes this.
  23. Boski

Boski Jedi Grand Master star 1

May 19, 2005
    This X1000. My oldest is probably the biggest culprit. Hes not really into shooter games but loves playing HvV and a lot of times just gets owned. He has fun with it which is all that matters but I just keep telling myself that it makes me elevate my game to balance it out. My youngest who is into shooter style games is actually very good when he wants to be.

Julianlion likes this.
  24. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
  25. Jedimaster_Darklight

Jedimaster_Darklight Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 22, 2005
    It does just that. But your frustration with it makes a lot more sense from that point of view.

I wonder why the article mentions a "third and final" piece of DLC, when the initially announcement stated it was four? Perhaps the archives are incomplete? :p

It makes sense for them to include Lando (Bespin) and Chewie. Both characters are bound to come with unique play features!

I'm still wondering who they'll use for the Empire, if they plan on balancing the amount of selectable heroes for the two factions.
    Perhaps we'll get a gun-wielding Tarkin, complete with the ability to call for a light version of the Death Star's Superlaser strike? Or maybe DICE will just settle with two of the remaining five bounty hunters featured in ESB. Like Bossk or IG-88?