main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Star Wars: Battlefront (2015) & Battlefront 2 (2017) [Mod Approved]

Discussion in 'Community' started by IG_2000, Jun 10, 2013.

1. iPadCary

iPadCary Jedi Youngling

Jun 20, 2013
    Y'know what'd be cool?

OK, someone's flying a snowspeeder solo.
    They land it & head out on foot for AT-AT satchelcharge action.
    You come across this now-abandoned snowspeeder & fly off to persue your own
    fodder for tales to come told 'round the Bantha hearth ....

And it's not like a scenario like this is without it's precedent.
    This is the way vehicular ops work in a typical "Battlefield 3" 64-member MP session.

2. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Excellent idea iPad carry. I'll make sure Vice President of BF3 Development know about your suggestions.

3. iPadCary

iPadCary Jedi Youngling

Jun 20, 2013
    Thanks, but no thanks.

I don't think I want someone who can't spell a simple four letter word like C-A-R-Y
    even when it's printed out right in front of them representing me concerning
    the 2nd most important IP in the entertainment industry right now.

Maybe next time, OK, Chief?
    Now go inside -- supper's ready.

4. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998
    The game isn't a sequel. It's a complete reboot:
    http://furiousfanboys.com/2013/06/eas-battlefront-is-all-new-not-a-sequel/

5. iPadCary

iPadCary Jedi Youngling

Jun 20, 2013
    Sequel .... reboot ....
    It will feature DICE-made canonical SW battles in 60fps HD MP, that's all I care about.

I'm gonna fight on the side of the Emp-- ....
    uh ....
    What I mean to say is, I will be representing the completely benign interests of the Trade Federation,
    which wants nothing but equality and, much more importantly, cornucopian plenty for everyone.
    Of course, this mandates that a certain degree of Order be maintained throughout the Galaxy.
    The good of the Whole is what matters most here.
    Should the maintenence of said Order necessitate the getting rid of a few rebellious,
    rabble-rousing, avarice-driven, troublemaking individualists who,
    mistakenly, deem themselves better & above the rest, then so be it ....

LONG LIVE THE EMPIRE TRADE FEDERATION!

How about you?

6. Darth Fright

Darth Fright Jedi Youngling

Jun 24, 2013

They do that mainly so that new players don't feel like they have to play 1&2 to play BF3.

:Examples for Next-Gen consoles, Infamous:Second Son, Killzone:Shadow Fall etc:

7. dark_jedi32

dark_jedi32 Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    I remember the old footage of BF3 in development featuring gameplay that can take you from space right to planet surface in real time during battles. Should we assume this will be in the new reboot in some way?

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  8. iPadCary

iPadCary Jedi Youngling

Jun 20, 2013
    Of course it will.

DICE will go all out with this.

9. Darth Fright

Darth Fright Jedi Youngling

Jun 24, 2013
    Hopefully Starfighter controls are not like Battlefield...

10. dark_jedi32

May 24, 2005
    Could the frostbite 3 engine be incorporated into the game? since Dice is behind the game? Wishful thinking?
    I recently saw a demo reel of the engine for next gen games and it blew me away.

11. Thefinalhack

Thefinalhack Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 11, 2013
    Guys its star wars right therefore it is automatically good even if not the best game ever it WILL be good

So chill out and stop panicking

Sent via my astromech droid

12. Maizel

Maizel Jedi Youngling

Jun 29, 2013
    Yeah.... DICE and EA.

I'm not holding my breath for this game to be good.

I'm expecting Battlefield 3/4 with a lick of Star Wars paint.

13. jacktherack

jacktherack Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2008
    Theres only 3 problems. 1. It's ea. 2. it's going to be a 1st person shooter which means it will be nothing like the others. and 3. it won't be for any current gen systems only pc xbox one and ps4.

14. RogueZero

RogueZero Jedi Master star 2

Mar 17, 2009
    First person? Then it's not Battlefront, it's Republic Commando. Goddamn it. I loved Battlefront II so much...why can't we get another one of those, with more stuff, more everything.

CoolyFett likes this.
  15. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    Its better than Activision.

16. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Actually it is since you can switch to First Person in Battlefront ;)

17. RogueZero

RogueZero Jedi Master star 2

Mar 17, 2009
    Oh yeah, I forgot. Still....

18. JediKnight20043

JediKnight20043 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 18, 2004
    Hate to tell you this, but by the time this game comes out (2015) PS4/Xbox One WILL be current gen ;)

19. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    And presumably PC.

20. CrackaJones

CrackaJones Jedi Youngling

Jun 30, 2013
    I think that EA should have looked at the previous two games and took Ideas from there instead of (in my opinion) taking Battlefield 3 and slapping Star Wars on it. Those games had such unique gameplay and controls. The gameplay was the first (that I have seen) where you didn't have to follow someone, take commands, any of that stuff you would see in a typical FPS like Call of Duty and Medal of Honor; in BattleFront you were one solider with the same orders as the rest of the troops, no bull crap secret orders; you fought with many more soldiers in one big battle for control of the battlefield. Sure there wasn't a complicated story involving your character and a few others, you were just a normal solider in a war serving with others just like you.

Then of course, when has EA ever listened to the consumer?

sarlaccsaurs-rex and CoolyFett like this.
  21. JediKnight20043

Sep 18, 2004

Seriously? IMO the format of the Battlefront games was directly ripped from Battlefield 1942 which came out two years before Battlefront. Since I first played Battlefront, I was thinking "Hey I love this Star Wars version of Battlefield" Even the names were similar!

And the second part of that paragraph where you say what you like about Battlefront; you describe exactly what the Battlefield series is like. Sounds to me like you are bad mouthing EA for the sake of badmouthing EA.

And as for the answer to your question. They listened quite recently in stopping online passes which everyone hated.

cdgodin and TrandoJedi like this.
  22. DarthVengeant

DarthVengeant Jedi Master star 3

Oct 14, 2004
    I am probably one of the few people not exactly excited about this.

It will just be Battlefield with Star Wars skins. More Multiplayer ridden egomaniac competition garbage. I prefer the old ones.
    I am not a fan of modern shooters like COD or Battlefield. I quit COD at COD3 for example. They rely too much on Multiplayer and are generally full of rude egotistical players. I miss the old shooters that were mainly Single Player and you didn't have to put up with being harassed, insulted, and all around have your gaming experience ruined because of other people.

We'll see. If they go more of a Co-Op route I may enjoy it...but if its just competitive crap, I wont be buying it.It better have a lengthy (8+hrs at least) Single Player campaign as well, or forget it

23. JediKnight20043

Sep 18, 2004

While I would agree that Battlefield is mainly multiplayer based, it has always been that way. COD though, if you quit at 3 you have missed a couple of really good single player experiences, namely COD4 and COD:Black Ops.

Zeta1127 likes this.
  24. dark_jedi32

May 24, 2005
    I may be the only person who's never played battlefield 3, but from what I hear it's pretty good, and 4 looks amazing visually. Would it be a bad thing if it played like a similar game that is good? The fact that it's third person and that it has star wars in the name will mean it will be very different regardless

25. Minez01

Minez01 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 12, 2005
    Will it definitely be third person though? I was also a bit curious as I'd much prefer third person over FPS. I think it just works better in the SW galaxy, and even though I do enjoy Battlefield games, I also loved that Battlefront 1&2 were third person.

I'm also a little curious about how they approach the whole single player multiplayer thing. Typically I liked to play the original Battlefronts in single, and while I figure that multiplayer will be the dominant side, I'd still like to see a decent campaign and match options for single players too. IMO it would be hard to really get into the feeling of the SW galaxy if you had people like on COD swearing at each other and doing stupid stuff, I'd prefer the more authentic single player experience.