main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Star Wars: Battlefront (2015) & Battlefront 2 (2017) [Mod Approved]

Discussion in 'Community' started by IG_2000, Jun 10, 2013.

1. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    Still has a third-person element it seems? :)

2. Luke_Sparkewalker

Luke_Sparkewalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    I really hope they keep a 4 player multiplayer. Hate this battlefield crap of not having split screen - ruins fun party nights with friends

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  3. Edwardstyn

Edwardstyn Jedi Knight star 1

May 15, 2005
    It's unreal how much I can't wait for this! Ordered the original Battlefront so I can play it on my 360, has been wayyy too long :D

Also, this is my first post in years on here, so hey all! I remember back in the days before Battlefront II's release, that I used to visit these forums a lot. Good times :)

4. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012

Is it compatible for the 360?

5. Edwardstyn

Edwardstyn Jedi Knight star 1

May 15, 2005
    Hey Legolas. Yeah it is compatible (BFII is also), its on the official backwards compatibility list and I've seen it played on a 360 numerous times on YouTube. Works in widescreen too :)

Also, this is a great resource for the new Battlefront:
    http://www.battlefronthq.com/

Legolas Skywalker likes this.
  6. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Alright thanks, good to know

7. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
  8. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Wonder if it will include locations from Episode VII?

Anyhow, I'm glad to hear they're taking their time with the game. I'd heard some express fears that EA would rush out some Star Wars games as a quick cash-grab to start with, but that doesn't appear to be the case.

Can't wait until they're far along enough in development to start showing us actual gameplay!

9. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013
    You bet. It will be paid DLC...

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  10. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Map packs are pretty much inevitable, unfortunately. I just hope they aren't so overpriced as seen in other popular shooters (a man can hope, right?).

11. TrandoJedi

May 4, 2011
    I bet there will be some actual gameplay at the next E3. Looking forward to it! I don't mind map packs, as long as they are awesome. They did a pretty good job with the Battlefield 3 DLC I thought.

12. son_of_skywalker03

son_of_skywalker03 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    If the game isn't due out until 2015, I wouldn't bet on it. AFAIK, most playable demos at E3 aren't far from being released.

13. TrandoJedi

May 4, 2011
    Well I wasn't referring to playable demos. Just gameplay.

14. tulwinn

tulwinn Jedi Knight

Apr 28, 2011
    Aye, just like the Battlefield games, Im hopeful we will get our single player kick from Jedi Knight III. Hope you are listening EA!

15. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013
    Well if your talking an alpha build or a tech demo. Yeah, there will be something. But. I don't think anything playable will be available.

16. Sanei15

Sanei15 Jedi Youngling

Aug 27, 2013
    I've been waiting for this game for ages!!!I just hope it'll have instant action.
    And it's gonna be called Battlefront(without the 3)

17. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    I will say that the only reason I will be getting next-gen consoles anytime soon (as in next fall) will be for the new Halo and Battlefront.

18. vypernight

vypernight Jedi Master star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    So that's two games I really want (this and Ranbow Six) are only out for the next-gen systems. Guess I'll be waiting a while as I have no desire to get a next-gen system anytime in the next few years.

19. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013
    I'm really hoping DICE puts in a new planetary defense/invasion gamemode. This is how it could go.

One side starts off in full control of a planet. They have a sizable army down on the planet's surface, and a strong blockade orbiting the planet. The second side starts off a tiny ways off from the planet, and must break through the blockade or get enough troops down on the planet surface through the blockade. The main goal could be the planet's capital, or some sort of HQ building.

I think this would be a fantastic game mode to have, and would be extremely fun with huge amounts of players on each side. You could have people up in space taking some troop transports down to the planet surface to drop soldiers off, you could have foot soldiers and vehicles down on the surface fighting to take control of key enemy locations and inch closer to the main HQ, you could have soldiers up in space controlling the cannons on massive battle cruisers, blasting away at enemy ships, you could have fighters and fighter squadrons up in space taking out critical areas on enemy ships allowing the battle cruisers to finish them off, you could have a couple bombers fly down above the planet and go on a quick bombing run of the area ahead, allowing the ground forces to carry forward; there would be tons of different roles to play and possibilities to go about victory.

If added, I can see it being one of the greatest online massive scale battle modes in all of gaming. There are so many possibilities to go about how you plan to take over/defend, and all sorts of roles you can play in the battle.

20. Kran Starborn

Kran Starborn Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 19, 2013
    Please don't hurt me when I ask what exactly are the Battlefront games all about?

21. Lazy Storm Trooper

Sep 18, 2012
    It similar to the Battlefield games (if you have played those) and focuses on controlling a select number of control points.

22. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    What sort of characters can you play as?

23. JFuchs77

JFuchs77 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2006
    I hope there will really just be many heroes to play as. Now I had another thought indeed. They should cut down on the music from The Empire Strikes Back.

24. Lazy Storm Trooper

Sep 18, 2012
    Mostly Clone, Droid, Rebels, and Stormtroopers but in BF2 you could play as some Jedi or Sith character once you unlock them.

25. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    So would and this may be an obvious question would playing BF2 be a good idea so I am at least familiar with the game once this new game comes out?