main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Through a Different Lens ? Interpreting ?The Clone Wars? Realistically

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by DarthPhilosopher, Apr 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    You haven't noticed then? In ROTS Grievous has six fingers in TCW he has four i think....actually i'm not sure but less anyway:p he also lacks vocabulators (you know the "teeth" of his mask) in movie he has 4 in series only 3 that really managed to bother me he has different looking face because it has less of those:p rest of his body is also inaccurate- he has simplified torso for example and neck section.....

Arguys wears senate commando armor- we have no liveactionversion of that.... i haven't paid attention to exact differences of clone armor though..... also the red light in their "antennae fin" seen in AOTC is lost in TCW and most EU-epictions but in movie we see a little red light.....

what about lack of pilotdroids?- are we supposed to believe droids piloting big ships are now normal b1s(then again Invisible Hand had OOM's with blue breastplate and no backpack)- or are they using stylised "recycled" model to replace droids that supposedly "really" are pilotdroids and at some point create accurate model for pilots?

And then republic officer's insignias (well ROTJ messed imperials as well- in ANH and ESB they were so logic) Tarkin wears Admiral's insignia while he supposedly is "captain" is this just little stylistic error when they recycled admiral-bodymodel and "really" Tarkin supposedly have captain's badge- or is it so that similar badges are used by all non-cloned officers regardless of their rank- or does badge symbolise something else than actual rank- is it for example symbolising ships under officer's command or something.... or does Tarkin for some odd reason wear someone else's uniform?:p

what comes to background folk i think it's simply "some folk" so same aqualish with glasses , ithorians and weequays are not "really there" they are stylistic representation of background people and lack of models make them to look similar.....

2. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    Oh no I noticed. I?m just saying does he think he has different hands when realistically translated.

That?s beyond what I?m talking about with this thread. You can?t simply clean up continuity problems by ?interpreting? what color schemes there are etc. We are to believe they are just normal Battle Droids.

Once again this is far beyond what I am talking about. I?m talking about the stylistic translation of characters (i.e. who does Ahsoka look like, etc) and environments. Not replacing characters, changing color schemes or including characters that aren?t there... If there are two Weequays in a room there are only two Weequays in a room. In my opinion you can?t just add in extra characters with realistic interpretation...

3. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Okayyy.... so I'm, far beyond your thread so i'm leaving then:p i don't really understand limits of stylisation you're talking about......

4. Darth_Tarkus

Darth_Tarkus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2011
    In "Lair of Grievous" we see his mechanical legs being replaced as well as a room full of "improved" body parts, so I don't think it has to be explained as a stylized version of reality in order to make sense. He literally has different arms and hands he can interchange whenever he wants.

5. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    To DarthPhilosopher's first qustion - Personally, I have always viewed this series, from "Ambush" on, through the "live-action lens". Don't get me wrong, I adore the look of the show, particularly in the manner it has progressed (in a most stunning, beautiful fashion) from season to season, but even as I soak in the splendor of what TCW team has been able to accomplish, I keep a concurrent picture of events where, say, Obi-Wan Kenobi is Ewan McGregor, Anakin is Hayden, and what do we have here - why it's Sen. Padme Portman, and so on. Interestingly, I've found the character design and voice talent to have an effect in this area. As such, it's an easier time of it for me to picture Ewan in the show than, say, Natalie. I just think the combination of a more spot-on design and the work of James Arnold Taylor are what make it easier in that regard.

The live action method probably began for me as a means of critiquing the production when it was new - "Does this little cartoon measure up to the 'real' Star Wars, as witnessed on the big screen?" "Would our 'real' heroes be doing this?", etc.

The happy thing was that upon watching early season 1 offerings like "Ambush", "Malevolence" and "Rookies", the show very quickly won me over. As things have grown on me, TCW has become (for me, personally, but also I think probably intended as such by GL and the makers) the 'official, from on high', record of campaigns and events of the great, storied Clone Wars.

Once TCW had become the 'real deal', so-to-speak, the live-action p.o.v. has really helped to add a sense of weight and realism to events showcased. When things are done right with the show, it's an absolute joy to mentally file it away as another notch in he official history of the GFFA. When I find events lacking though, it can be just as equally frustrating (take for example, the apparent resurrection of Darth Maul and whatever implications await).

All things equal, I find it a rewarding experience, and I'm glad the topic was raised for discussion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.