main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Through a Glass, Darkly (A little postie 21/05/04)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by HaiGan, Jan 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    It is funny how quickly time seems to pass. Like Tanith, I've spent some time waiting for more here rereading your wonderful Barin threads. Still awesome!

2. TIEPilot051999

TIEPilot051999 Jedi Master star 7

Mar 27, 2002
    A little uppy. :)

3. Lilith Demodae

Lilith Demodae Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 1999
    Loyal Lurker popping in to say: Up.

4. Knight_Dilettante

Knight_Dilettante Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2002
    Well, I'm back from a RL induced absence that has produced near withdrawal-like symptoms to check on my favorite fics. More soon please? [face_begging]

I should probably be working on my own fics instead of begging for more of yours but this is soooo much easier than getting my mind back into the convoluted plot of one and the tricky characterization of another. Or the difficult tightrope walk between too goofy and just goofy enough of a third. [face_laugh]

Pretty please with a jedi on top? I seem to recall that working once.

KD

5. DarthMoby

DarthMoby Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    Kit', thanks for that archive. It has been good reading whilest I wait for the next chapter in this story. HaiGan, I love your stories. You have a knack at writing. I wish a was a tenth as talented as you at writing. Please hurry back with the episode in this little tale.

6. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    *sigh* I thought there may have been a posty.

That's okay DarthMoby - there are some damn good stories on that site. *sigh* to be as talented as HaiGan.

Kithera

7. TIEPilot051999

Mar 27, 2002
    *leaves a plate of cookies and milk out*

8. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    *sniffs at cookies* Chocolate chip :D

9. HaiGan

HaiGan Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2000
    How could I resist a choc-chip cookie? Anyone for a mincemeat flapjack?

Sorry to be taking so utterly ages between posts. Too many hobbies, not enough time. However, I'm writing more again! Not just this- I've got various shorts in progress, one complete but intended as part of a... slightly unusual series that I'd love to get other people involved in writing for, one a two-parter about Barin and his second padawan Caelum, with the first part run past Kit' (Caelum is her character) and completed and the second planned out but without the detail filled in yet. There's others as well, so there will be Stuff appearing over time.

You're all wonderful, lovely people for sticking around. I haven't forgotten you, and so as not to keep you waiting any longer here is some more. A little short, but here. My spellchecker says it's fine, but I don't believe it as I caught one error myself that it had missed. For those who have seen the Buffy episode Blood Ties, I haven't kept exactly to the script, but the main points of the plot are unchanged. Some of the dialogue is from the Buffy original, some is not, and there will be more soon!

Spike abandoned an attempt to sleep and rolled out of bed. He wasn't worried about the Bit, he told himself as he moved restlessly around the room. Not in the slightest. She'd be fine. Big sis would look after her. Not that he was worried anyway.

The vampire looked down, and realised that not only had he automatically pulled a cigarette from the pocket of the duster hanging on the wall, but he had also managed to shred the thing. Irritated- with the world in general, with bloody gods who had to come barging in on his turf, with irritatingly beautiful Slayers who kept their pretty little mouths too tightly shut about their green glowy Key-like little sisters, and particularly with himself- he took out a second smoke and lit it.

It failed to make everything right with the world.

Growling under his breath, Spike climbed up the ladder from his unlikely below-ground bedroom to the room that the previous occupants had so generously allowed him to use as a sitting-room. He still sometimes used one of the previous occupants as an ashtray. He pulled a small bottle from a broken shelf, growling with more intensity when he found it empty, and grabbed the lid from one of the coffins stacked by the wall, throwing the contents around as he hunted inside.

His mood lightened as he found what he sought. Clutching his prize, he settled himself comfortably on the lid of the sarcophagus in the center of the room, and prepared for a little relaxation.

After five minutes of blissful quiet the door slammed back on its hinges, knocking a few unwary insects from the corners of the ceiling.

Spike didn't look up. Only one person could open a door with quite that wall-shuddering force. ?Morning, sunshine. If you've come round for eggs or sausage, I'm fresh out.?

He didn't quite yelp as the new arrival pulled the lid out from beneath him, dropping him into the sarcophagus, but he did raise a protest as he sat up. ?Oi! These are wet!? He held up a hand, the freshly-painted black nails now smeared. The bottle of polish had broken in the fall as well. He had little time to contemplate that problem, as his visitor slid the lid back with a shove, slamming him up against the far end with a slab of rock across his gut. Spike wheezed and stared at the angry face of the Slayer.

?How could you let her find out like that?? Buffy asked, and from her tone of voice an answer was obligatory and it had better be good. ?From books and papers? You hate me that much??

Spike felt stung. Did Buffy really think he hated her that much? Even when he had hated her, he'd never done anything to hurt the Nibblet. Not really hurt her. Just scare her bit. Smarting a little from the accusation, he found himself answering in the offhand manner he'd practiced for so long that it sat as naturally on him as his duster. ?I was just along for the ride. Not like I knew she was mystical glowy key thing. Nobody keeps

10. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    HG, I have just had the worst week! This is manna from Heaven! Your characterization is great; loved Spike's inner thoughts.

11. TIEPilot051999

Mar 27, 2002
    My spellchecker says it's fine, but I don't believe it as I caught one error myself that it had missed.

I thought I was your spellchecker.

Anyways, great post, HaiGan. :) Looking foward to more.

12. HaiGan

Nov 7, 2000
    TIEPilot, if you'd still like to be my spellchecker I'd be delighted. :)

13. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    I agree with Ren.

Talk about a place to come and read to your heart's content - that was fantastic. *sighs* Total relaxation.

Thank you so very, very much HaiGan - you've just made my week.

Kithera

14. TIEPilot051999

Mar 27, 2002
    TIEPilot, if you'd still like to be my spellchecker I'd be delighted.

Well, I never said no in the first place. ;)

I'd like to continue helping you out. :)

15. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Mincemeat??? Don't think I've ever even tried that.

I'm thrilled to hear you're writing and have one completed, but you must not tease us about this series.... is it Barin and Thom?? *crosses fingers and chants, please say yes, please say yes*

A dandy of a post.. especially all the little details.. the ciggarette... being reminded of a devil and an angel sitting on each shoulder... great visuals.

So sad now that we have neither Buffy nor Angel on.... :( :( all we have is you HaiGan. :D :D

16. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    Leona is right. We have to rely on you for all our Buffy/Spike fixxes. Not that were putting pressure on you or anything.

Glad to see you up and writing again :)

17. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Spike was always my favourite character on Buffy -- I loved the way you showed the scene from his point of view. I haven't watched enough of the show to remember that he actually painted his nails black, though. I did like the fact that he really was concerned about Dawn.

Tell us more about this unusual series you're planning?

18. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    I couldn't possibly ask for a "Spike' present for my birthday could I? O:)

Or a Caleum, Barin or Sara, Xani Barin present :) :) :)

Kithera

19. HaiGan

Nov 7, 2000
    More underway! Can't promise pressies, though. The new 'unusual series' is also started, here. There's also a how-to-join-in thread on the Resource board here. Come join in! :)

20. Tanith

Tanith Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 13, 2003
    Oh no - Dawn's hurting herself :eek:
    It's not like she's got a lot more suffering to look forward to ;)

Thanks for the post - suffering major Spike withdrawl. I can't believe the last episode on Angel is on next week (SKY1) :_|. This season has been so cool.

21. DarthMoby

DarthMoby Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    Up we go!

22. TIEPilot051999

Mar 27, 2002
    *leaves out a plate of cookies and milk*

Hey, it worked last time. :p

23. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    Look- more cookies :D How about a birthday post? :)

24. HaiGan

Nov 7, 2000
    Sorry, I've been eaten by work, which has managed to chew up most of my time and all of my energy. I /have/ now got a week off- but I'm spending it on Jersey, hitting people and spinning (not at the same time!) for the 800th anniversary celebrations there. I'd have been there by now, only the ferry was cancelled due to bad weather :( so we're going tomorrow instead. I ended up going in to work instead today, to get back the day's leave, because it'll save me a few evenings working late when I get back again- and so give me a little writing time, I hope, so people can read some actual story instead of constant excuses.

25. TIEPilot051999

Mar 27, 2002
    I hope, so people can read some actual story instead of constant excuses.

Eh, either way. :p ;) :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.