main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Through Hell's Gates (Young Qui-gon, Dooku, massive angst, Updated 12/31/04!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Neon Star, Nov 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keeper_of_Swords

Keeper_of_Swords Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Two other good posts!

Qui-Gon went through some awesome action. It was well described indeed.

This was a grand and powerful paragraph??.Tears slipped down the burned flesh of his cheeks as he silently wept for his lost child, but he was glad that Qui-gon would not have to live through the torture he knew they would bring. A groan entered his thoughts, and he struggled to raise his head as he tried to pierce the shadows, for he belatedly realized that he could no longer touch the Force, probably because they had placed Force blockers in his cell, as was common for Force sensitive prisoners. Through the pain and sorrow, he hadn?t realized it, until that moment, when he tried to reach out to the other presence in his cell.

I liked the dialogue between Qui-Gon and Dooku.

2. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    This was a wonderful post - so full of love and caring for each other. A father trying to do the best to protect his son from pain. Yet, wouldn't it be a betrayal of that love to kill a child before he knows that there is no hope? Great job. Keep it up.

3. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Ooooooooh! Updates!!! Happy new year indeed....... More more .. I'm with Jess....and shoulder is much better now thank goodness. :) Thank you for your concern.

4. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    I quite agreee Jess, excellent portrayal of Dooku here.. and little Qui's perfectly adorable. I'll beg for more too.. after all I have a website that needs updating with fics pretty soon.....

5. Neon Star

Neon Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2000
    Unfortantly, due to time constrants, I can't thank everyone personally tonight, but I will do so soon. But I do wish to thank you all for your lovely reviews, you've inspired me to write this as quickly as I could. :)

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    Darkness swarmed around him, devouring all it touched as he cowered, his Master standing above him, facing the storm head on. He tried to rise, to help, but found he could not as the darkness seemed to encircle his proud, daunting master, and seep into him like black water into the ground.

A change came over the elder Jedi; a black glow seemed to come from him as he stood there. Light fled from his eyes, leaving only a dark void, which turned to him, and he cried out in despair, for all love had fled with the light, and only a demon gazed upon him where his beloved Master once was. There was only lust for darkness and power in that gaze and he shuddered under the weight of it, his light flickering within him as tears came to his eyes.

?Master!? he cried, yet the beast that had replaced his Master only blinked at him, before turning towards the darkness.

He could smell the blood before he could see it as it seeped through the darkness, overcoming it and staining everything. It flooded their area, covering him and his Master in its chrisom shade. It swept over him, drowning him in its depths, while his Master, the thing that had taken his master, stood triumphant in a see of blood, face alight in dark glory. Then the blood overwhelmed him, and he couldn?t breath?
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    ?Padawan, wake up. Qui-gon,? a soft, but urgent voice was trying to bring him up from the dark depths of his nightmares as he struggled to breath, fighting against the blood he saw, felt, and smelled.

A firm hand shook him, a hand warm and gentle, and he realized, there was no blood. Opening his eyes, he looked not into black orbs of a demon, but the loving, light blue of his beloved Master?s. Stifling a sob, he flung himself into his Master?s arms, uncaring that he was nearly an adult acting like a scared child, he was scared, terrified. All he could do was cling to that warmth, that comfort, no matter how much it hurt his injuries, or how much his tender hands protested his grip on the slightly rough fabric of his Master?s robe. He needed reality to wash away the nightmare; he needed comfort to assure himself he hadn?t lost the most important person in his world.

?Shhh, Padawan, it is alright,? Dooku whispered, rubbing a hand gently over his apprentice?s back, though he knew it was an empty reassurance.

Qui-gon shook his head, breathing deeply to try and gather himself enough. He had to tell him now, they would not have another time to do so, he could feel that in his soul. The nightmare was a warning, and he had to save his Master, even at the cost of his own life. His Master?s soul was more important then his physical life?

?No, Master, it is not,? he said softly, pushing away to look into those worried sky blue eyes, ?I?ve had another dream, and I fear for you.?

Dooku?s eyes flashed with a bit of fear, for he knew that Qui-gon would only mention his dreams if they pertained to something important. The Force had gifted the younger with foresight, though Qui-gon did not realize it except when it came in full force, like now, from what he could interpret in his Padawan?s eyes.

?What is it that you saw?? Dooku asked, trying to keep calm, his eyes going somber.

Qui-gon paused, closing his eyes as he gathered strength to reveal the horror that had been building within him, ?I saw blood, Master, and I saw you.?

Dooku waited, for he knew Qui-gon would not reveal anything until he could, and Dooku was loathed to push him, though his heart trembled. Had his apprentice seen his death, or perhaps his own? Had he seen what lie ahead, or was it something far worse?

?I saw the darkness overcome you, transform you, steal your soul,? Qui-gon?s eyes opened, tears glistening in their depths as he locked as with him, ?I can?t loose you, Master.?

Dooku?s lips thinned as he listened,

6. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    Another great post!!! What a sad image there of Qui and Dooku.... I nearly cried......

7. CountessYnaAda

CountessYnaAda Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 17, 2003
    Oh my stars and galaxies, I love this fanfic!! You depiced Count Dooku so beautifully, and I have to agree that I like your Dooku more compared to Jude Watson's. Let's face it, Qui-Gon is just so cute, don't ask me why but he is. As you can tell the two are my favorites other than Darth Maul. Dooku kicks all...Yeah so continue!! Darn you cliffhangers!! NOOO!!

8. darth_jurious

darth_jurious Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2003
    Oh, the drama here is tremendous, and you have a real literary talent - you construct sentences so intricately and beautifully, and produce the most marvellous imagery with excellent choices of words - I really envy that kind of skill. Well done! :)

I really do love the way you depict Dooku and Qui, and it's great that Qui-Gon asks his master never to fall because of him, the irony being that Dooku will do just that, for at least some part; I think it's safe to speculate that falls from grace only usually occur when strong bonds of love are broken, and Dooku's fall is, IMO, testament to that.

I look forward to an update!

9. Charmisjess

Charmisjess Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 31, 2003
    This is a massively good fic. :D

I loved this update, and I beg and *pleeeead* for more. Great job, I love the writing, the characters, the storyline, i can't get enough of it! PLEEEEEEEASE UPDATE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE...:)

10. darth_jurious

darth_jurious Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2003
  11. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    Update Neon? Pretty please?

12. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    You are awesome, this story is just incredible--I'd venture to say it's the best story I've ever read written by any fan on any topic, and I've never even read a Qui-Gon/Dooku story before. I'll be looking for anything else you've written or are going to right.

13. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    A W S O M E!! Totally! I'm enthralled by the interaction of Qui and Dooku!! Being a Dooku fan myself, I think you're doing a splendidly exquisite job!! Can't wait for the next post!

14. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Upity up~ Juz so it's readily accessible

15. Neon Star

Mar 30, 2000
    First off, I would like to apoligize for my long absense, expecially after saying I would post soon. I would also like to apoligize for how this post seems, as I still haven't been able to recover from the rather fierce writer's block, thus it is not up to par.

I would like to thank you all for your wonderful comments, but due to the lack of time, since I have to be running to work, I cannot do so individually. I shall do so after I return, I just thought you would enjoy a sign that I'm not dead, or something to the affect. ;)

So, thank you all for being so patient, and here is the long awaited post. :)
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Dooku snapped awake at the sound of heavy boots ringing on the cold stone floor outside their door. Dread filtered through his heart as he straitened a little, rousing Qui-gon with his movements, who murmured, sitting up to look blurrily at the door. Dooku glanced worriedly at his Padawan, through their clasped hands he felt the icy, loose grip his Padawan had, and where Qui-gon still leaned against him, he could feel the heat, which was far too hot, radiating from him. It could only mean that the shock had gotten to him, and with it, fever had set in. Neither of them could afford to be sick, Qui-gon less so then he, yet by whatever cruel fate was watching them, the younger had. This could only go against him if their capturers knew, for they would have no sympathy for him.

?Lay still, Qui-gon, and do not draw attention to yourself,? the elder whispered to his apprentice, before struggling to his feet.

Qui-gon stifled a moan from the loss of contact, and fear burned ten fold in his own heart as his muddled mind began to realize what his Master intended to do. He knew his Master intended to sacrifice his well being to ensure Qui-gon would not take the brunt of the torture that awaited them in his weakened state, and he could not allow that, even if he could not prevent it. He clung to his Master?s hand for a bit longer, silently begging him not to do it.

?Ma..ster,? he called, his voice dry and low, but Dooku only gave him a half reassuring smile, before gently prying his hand away, allowing it to fall limp at Qui-gon?s side.

Dooku then faced the door, just as it opened to reveal two heavily disguised men. Their faces were covered, as well as any other part of their body that would give them away, even their eyes had a thin film of some type of cloth that clouded any true glimpse at them, though he knew it did not affect the wearer?s view, or else it would have been more a danger then a help. They wore blank black robes to hide their builds, yet Dooku knew that they had to be at least strong enough to take him or Qui-gon, or else they would not have been sent. To top it off, they were armed with a blaster rifle each, and he knew they had more weapons hidden in their loose clothing.

?Step aside, Jedi, we are here for the boy,? one of the men said, his voice calm, dead, though Dooku could almost feel the under laying disgust and hatred, and it made him shudder in the depths of his soul, for those hidden emotions would mean the worse for his child.

?I cannot allow you to do that,? he said calmly, setting himself between Qui-gon?s sick form and the two guards.

?And just what do you intend to do? Make this easy on yourself, let us take the boy and spare you the pain,? the other said, though Dooku knew that they wanted him to resist, so they would have an excuse to beat him down, and he had no choice but to bow to their desires, he couldn?t allow them to take his child yet. Not without at least trying to keep him safe for as long as he could.

?Pain is nothing to a Jedi,? he said, only to be struck in the stomach with the handle of the guard on the right?s blaster rifle, causing him to stumble back slightly.

?So you say, but once the leaders are through with you and that boy, you won?t be saying such, or anything at all for that matter,? the first guard sneered as Dooku straightened.

Dooku said nothing to that, but only stood firm, silent, strong, the Jedi code bu

16. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    Oh no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Poor QUi-Gon! and Dooku! What do you mean this was a bad update!??! Only cause of the evil cliffe!!!! Keep writing!!!

17. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Ahhh! Dooku angst! My poor man!! *sniff* defending his Padawan... so sweet!!!

hehehe I love his manta going thru his head and the bit about - There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.

Except when concerned with these, Dooku thought
    that was priceless!

Take your time in posting! Though the waiting is pure agony and anst on its own, I'll bare thru it!! (though not willingly!! ;) hehehehehe)

18. Charmisjess

Charmisjess Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 31, 2003
    WHAT THE FUZZY?! :eek:

That was a pretty good update in my opinion! sheesH!!! oooh, you bad cliffhanger you!! PLEASE update soon. Poor little Qui. Heck, poor Dooku! aw, my poor babies...*huggies them both* You're doing a great job, don't worry about the icky writers block!!! :)

19. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Oh, dear. This is not good for either of them. I liked how Dooku tried to shield his vulnerable Padawan and struggle to follow the Code as the guards beat him. Of course, there's the evil cliffie to contend with but good job!

20. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Unbelieveable.

21. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Uppy! Hope things are well? Any updates in the possible future?

22. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    Update neon? Pretty please? *looks hopeful*

23. M-vampier

M-vampier Jedi Youngling

Feb 2, 2004
    Update soon PLEASE

This story is so good I want it to continue Please!!

24. Neon Star

Mar 30, 2000
    I am truely sorry for the wait. This is a baby post for now, a glimmer for what is to come, and a retesting of the waters so to speak.

Layren: It wasn't exactly my best, but I am glad you liked it. :D Sorry for keeping that cliff hanger for so long.

Kynstar: Thank you, for both your comments, and for understanding. And I'm glad you liked that part. :)

Charmisjess: Qui and Dooku thank you for the hugs. ;) Thank you for the support. :) Sorry I didn't update sooner.

dianethx: No, its not, and it only gets worse. Thank you, I am glad you liked it. :)

heels1785: I shall take that as a good 'unbelieveable'. ;)

M-vampier: Well, I've finally updated, thank you. :D
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    The first scream was nearly ripped from him before he was even fully awake. Slowly consciousness rose through a haze of pain, as something continued to prick at his tender hands, and the burns covering him.

?He is merely suffering in his dreams, do not be concerned with his screams, and the healing seems to be taking affect. How long do we have till the sessions begin?? a soft voice came to edges of his hearing.

?Not long. They are waiting till he is healthy enough to withstand the ?treatments?,? another voice answered.

He was hot, his body burned with a fire he couldn?t understand, and his mind tried to remember where he was?

?Wise of them, he wouldn?t survive long in this state. He may not survive now,? the first voice said, and he thought he detected a note of pity in that voice.

Who were they talking about? Where was he? Why did he feel so sick, he never got sick? Master?

?Oh, he will. Jedi like him are tough. A little thing like shock and blaster wounds shouldn?t kill him,? the second voice said carelessly.

Memory trickled through the haze, and he slowly began to realize where he was. He and his Master had been captured by Jedi haters, and were now imprisoned. His Master had been injured trying to protect him, and the one those two supposed healers spoke of was himself. He stifled the next scream as the prodding grew worse, to the point that it felt like they were driving a large needle through his left hand.

?What of the older one? The guards were far from gentle with him,? the first voice, he could tell by the almost hearable note of sympathy.

?He asked for it, or so the guards say. Tried to protect the younger, I imagine. Little good it did him. Too bad he didn?t realize we were trying to heal his ?pupil?,? the owner of the second voice used the word pupil as if it were a thing to be scorned, ?before we hurt him. Now we have to patch them both up, though, the older is in far better shape then the younger.?

He finally managed to open his eyes slightly, looking around the room as best as he could with clouded vision. What little he could tell was that it was bright, white, sterile, and two figures were standing near his bed. He couldn?t tell much about the blurred figures, only that they were cloaked in the same sterile white as the room.

?He doesn?t look like he?s in better shape. He has several cracked and broken ribs, severe burns, not to mention the bleeding in his skull,? the other snorted disgustedly.

He forced his eyes open a bit more, horror and shock ringing through him at that. His master was injured because of him?

?We can repair those, and the bleeding isn?t so bad, the medicine we gave him and the bone knitters should do the trick, since we?ve already set everything back into place. High fever, dehydration, severe sickness, major burns along the hands and chest, and three ribs cracked are what this younger has suffered, and are far more life threatening if we don?t get that fever down. Besides, the higher up want the younger more then the older, they say they can break him easier,? the second said, an almost dark glee in his voice.

?You think they will allow us to study him after they break him?? the other, who sounded almost feminine, seemed only curious, the disgust not leaving her tone.

?Of course. They are looking for a

25. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    oh dear....things don't look good at all.. Nice to see you're still around :D Thanks for the update!!! Although I'm sure Qui isn't thanking you at the moment.. hehehehe... Just what I need to start off a long day at work :D More soon?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.