main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Through Hell's Gates (Young Qui-gon, Dooku, massive angst, Updated 12/31/04!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Neon Star, Nov 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neon Star

Neon Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2000
    Its really late, and I am pretty tired, so I'm going to hold off on the personal thanks until I'm more awake. I merely wished to get this up because I promised I would. Though thank you so much for your comments. :)

Forgive how rough this post is. I only looked it over a few times, and it was a bit hard to get into words, so it may be a little confusing, and probably not up to pitch. Though, I hope you enjoy it. :)

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

He was dreaming again, if he could really call it dreaming. It felt like a dream, yet not, in it felt more real then that, horrifyingly real, similar to how his nightmare about his master had felt.

The area around him was dark, and cold, rain fell from the sky like tears, heavy and thick. Shadows draped the area like funeral garb, masking the place in a sort of gloomy feel, and the air smelled of death, though it was not visually present. He was alone, or so he had first thought, before one of the shadows around him moved, and turned to face him.

It was a striking young man that appeared, with long black hair, and the sharpest blue eyes he had ever seen. The man stared at him, pale skin glowing in the near blackness as that hard gaze swept over him, while his face remained unreadable. Qui-gon merely withstood the gaze silently, wondering who this man before him was.

The obsidian cloak around the man shifted, moved as the man brought forth his hand, which was dripping with blood, ?Well, Master, have I become everything you wanted? You trained me to be a killer after all?? his voice dripped with sarcasm, like a sharp blade under silk.

?What?? Qui-gon asked, staring at that blood-covered appendage with a mix of horror and striving calm. This man? was he also to be a Padawan to him? He was the very opposite of the man Qui-gon had seen in that vision so long ago, so very very different. That one had been of the light, yet this one... this was of pure darkness. Everything breathed evil about this being, this creature that stood before him. Could he have really trained something like this? Why? Why would he dare do so? Had he also fallen to darkness because of this?

?Don?t deny it, Qui-gon. You know you?ve made me who I am. You really should be proud?? the man smiled with a malicious air as he came closer?.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*

?Doctor, he?s tapping into the Force again!?

Glancing up, Cain watched as the young man strapped to the table arched up, eyes wide and mouth gapping in a silent scream. The things around him began to shack and tremble as the power levels on the screen in front of him built up.

?It seems the drug we introduced into his system forces him to have visions, even though Living Jedi are known for their inability to have visions. Interesting?. Put the Force blockers into place, we don?t want him ripping up the lab just yet,? he said calmly, keeping his eyes intently on Qui-gon.

It was common knowledge among the Jedi that Living Force Jedi rarely, if ever, had visions. Their souls were firmly rooted in the present, while unifying lived at once in the future and the present. That?s what made them infinitely easier to beat, because they often didn?t see the attack before it came, whereas the Unifying did. But this child was different in so many ways. For one, the drug they had fed him was meant to open the mind enough to create further pain, and hallucinations, but for it to also open up such a direct path way and give him enough ability to tap into the Force, was generally surprising. Cain almost regretted that this wasn?t the one he was aiming for, but then he knew the boy would be too much of a challenge, and he didn?t have the time to deal with it. The boy had too pure a core, seemingly, but the one he wanted, was already stained.

The silent screaming had stopped for the moment, and the boy lay, breathing heavy, eyes still wide with residue terror in those glazed depths. Cain wondered at what he had seen. Was it the same vision he had been babbling about during the more brutal times of torture? Or a new one, a more terrifying one? It was an interesti

2. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Awwwww Neon that was so sad! :_| Could someone please pass the tissues?

Excellent post! You did get it up after all! [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

3. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    For some reason, I've been missing this one. Very powerful and scary. The fact that Qui-Gon wouldn't break with torture but the visions of the future shattered him is really quite horrifying. I don't know if Qui-Gon can ever recover from something so awful and,even if he does, he will know that Dooku turns, Xan turns and Obi lives a terrible existance. It wouldn't surprise me if Qui-Gon tries to commit suicide or at least allows himself to die.

Great job with this. Very much looking forward to more.

4. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Oh man this is sad!! :_| poor Qui :( he has nothing to hold onto...what hope there was is gone. Unless he can think these 'dreams' were juz that. Dreams.

Great job!!!! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.