main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Through It All (Diary Challenge 2013)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by smuggler_vola, Jan 2, 2013.

1. smuggler_vola

smuggler_vola Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 13, 2012
    Through It All
    Author: smuggler_vola (known as Epic Duck on fanfiction.net)
    Characters: Qui-Gon Jinn
    Summary: Under the boxes of old reports and assignments lay a small book. Flipping through the pages, newly knight Obi-Wan discovers a different side of his former Master he never knew existed.
    Note: Qui-Gon- 14 years old.
    Introduction
    So...I guess I should introduce myself. My name's Qui-Gon Jinn, Padawan to the "almighty, ever-so-wise" Knight Dooku. Speaking of Dooku, he can be pretty intimidating sometimes...well, a lot of times. Don't let his sometimes icy cold demeanor fool you, though. Believe it or not, he actually does have a heart.

My Master is like a father to me, he lets me keep stray animals I find on our missions, ruffles my hair (despite my protests) affectionately, and he even taught me how to play smashball! Of course, he considers himself the "King of Smashball" but I'm better than him, even though he'll never admit it.

I better put this down and go to sleep. If I'm not in bed by the time my Master gets back from the Archives...well, let's not get into that. Master Dooku isn't known to be a violent man in general, but even I know when not to push his buttons.

2. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    King of Smashball!

It'll be interesting to see how you portray Qui-Gon and his master. There just isn't enough of that Jedi Team. Look forward to the rest. :)

3. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Nice start! I look forward to reading more.

4. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    I really like the tone you're giving Qui-Gon, here.
    Great start!

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Nice start. =D= Knowing Dooku's eventual ... outcome :p adds an irony to the post/Qui-Gon's opinion. [face_thinking]

6. smuggler_vola

Oct 13, 2012
    So mean
    Master Dooku is so mean! He grounded me for a week just because Fluffy almost bit off his nose. It's not my fault, a baby rancor eats what it wants. Though I probably should of warned him I was keeping Fluffy in his sock drawer...​

So there was that and the blaster incident a few days ago. I was just bored, how was I supposed to know it was "reckless and un-Jedi-like" to shoot Master Yoda with a stun bolt? My shins are still sore, stupid troll.​
    Based on the glare I'm getting from Master Dooku, I think I said that out loud. I sense a lecture in the near future...​

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Oops, really have to watch what accidentally gets spoken aloud :p

8. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    [face_laugh] This whole entry was hilarious but i think Fluffy the baby rancor takes the price.

9. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Fluffy the baby Rancor....[face_laugh]

Jade_eyes likes this.
  10. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    I'd love to see a Jedi smashball game. :D

Heh, I can totally see young Qui-Gon calling Yoda a troll after something like that, and I can imagine Dooku's reaction to it. I wonder if Qui-Gon's sensing of a lecture in the future is because of the Force or if it's just based on experience...

Great job!

11. smuggler_vola

Oct 13, 2012
    Healers: Doctors or killers?
    I hate the med bay. Hate hate hate hate it. Every time Master Dooku drags me there they come at me with their pointy needles and jab them into my arm! Even when they don't there's all these weird machines that make these weird noises and don't even get me started on the Healers. Sometimes they wear those masks over their faces and it's like something out of my worst nightmares (and trust me, you don't want to go there). I try to get up or round-house kick them in the face and Master Dooku glares at me from the other side of the room while they hold me down. They're out to get me, I swear.​
    Like earlier, for example:​
    "Padawan Jinn, please stay laying down."​
    I glared at the Healer and kicked him again, "I do what I want. And I want to get out of here!"​
    "Give him a sedative. He'll be out like a light," Master Dooku muttered, giving me dirty looks as I continued struggling against the arms trying to hold me down.​
    I stopped fighting for a minute, wincing at the pain in my injured arm. It really did hurt, but healers are healers. Ain't gonna let 'em near me, no way.​
    So...yeah. Everything got kind of black after that, when I woke up my Master was reading a datapad in a chair right by me. I tried to see what he was reading, but I fell out of the bed and he glared at me.​
    Master Dooku actually suggested leaving me on the floor to learn a lesson about privacy, but thankfully he was kidding. Well, this time he was kidding. But isn't that just cruel? Maybe the evil ones got to him...​

12. smuggler_vola

Oct 13, 2012
    Catastrophes and Apologies
    It's all my fault, all of it. I could have died, he could of died, innocent people were hurt. Because of me.

"Remember, Padawan. You are not here to participate, you are here to learn."

"But-"

"I mean it, Qui-Gon."

I stared at the floor while Master Dooku did the talking, trying to find something remotely interesting in the floorboards. My eyes wandered around the room, oblivious to the argument going on between the Governor and Master Dooku. The room was rather boring, very befitting of government officials if I do say so myself.

I froze when my eyes reached the Governor. Something...something wasn't right. A warning blared through the Force and I listened, grabbing my lightsaber and letting the emerald blade shimmer to life. I swung it around, chopping off his arm with a quick swipe.

My eyes went wide in horror when I realized what I'd done, and my Master was just barely keeping his anger in check. He looked down at me in disappointment as shocked gasps sounded from around the room. I was really in for it this time, dread filled me when I thought about the long lecture and punishment I knew would be coming when we got back to the Temple...if we got back to Coruscant at all....

"Arrest them! Arrest the traitorous Jedi!"

That was certainly enough to bring me out of my head and back to the situation at hand. Armed guards rushed in, setting their blasters to stun before starting to shoot at us. We rushed towards the door and out into the long, narrow hallway.

Blaster fire sounded behind me, orders to stop from various voices I could only assume were the guards, and the occasional scream from an onlooker seeing everything unfold.

Oh, and did I mention a thermal detonator?

I found myself pushed to the ground as one sailed over my head as Master Dooku getting in front of me and taking the brunt of the blast and various pieces of debris flying through the air.

Several aides and visiting civilians had been injured in the explosion, but before I could help them I was pulled into the hole by my Master. He told me they would be fine and someone would come to take care of their injuries, but I wasn't sure. It was too late to turn back now, and I put it to the back of my mind and concentrated on not running into anything or anyone.

We did make it back to the ship, mostly unharmed. I ran into the back and huddled into a corner, not daring to come out and face the wrath of Master Dooku. He took off, setting the course for Coruscant and I could sense him meditating in the cockpit. The only time I got up was to grab my bag and pull out this journal.

I know it might not make things better, I know he'll still be disappointed in me. But I need to put this book down and do the one thing I can do right now to try and set things right. But he deserves at least this much, and I won't let him down, not again.

Master, if you're reading this (for whatever reason) I just want you to know and I want you to find it in your heart to forgive me for causing any of this to happen.

Master, I'm sorry.

13. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Awww. Now what was the Governor doing to prompt Qui-Gon to do that?

14. smuggler_vola

Oct 13, 2012
    You'll see soon enough. :D

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Nice action and it might turn out Qui-Gon did the right thing after all [face_thinking]

16. smuggler_vola

Oct 13, 2012
    Tell Me
    Why, Qui-Gon, why?

That's what he said me, that's all he said to me. Just...why?

Why what, Master? Why did I listen to the Force and almost get us killed for it? Why do I only disappoint my elders? Why am I the way I am?

Well I don't know, Master. I wish I did, I really do. I'm supposed to be the perfect Padawan: Obey my Master at all times, know when to negotiate and when to kick some butt, know how to negotiate and to kick someone's butt, listen to the Code, for Force sake! I can't do any of that and there's no way I ever could!

But you still try and train me. Even if I don't deserve such a wise and amazing teacher, you still keep me.

Why, Master, why?

17. smuggler_vola

Oct 13, 2012
    This is the second part in a three or four part series of diary entries. Everything will be clear soon enough, just give me some time.

I'd like to thank you all for reading and supporting me: you guys are so nice and sweet! It really makes my day to see people enjoying my writing! [face_dancing]

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Nicely detailed and realistic emotions =D=

19. smuggler_vola

Oct 13, 2012
    The Mystery Begins, or Had It Been There The Whole Time?
    Master Dooku is really worried. We're back at the Temple and everything is finally going back to normal, but I should have known it wouldn't last long. It never does.

I've been coughing a lot since we got back, it could just be a coincidence. Master's been keeping a really close eye on me, he practically has a heart attack if I close my eyes for longer than a few seconds. Dramatic much?

I've been coughing a lot more as the days go by, Master Dooku is getting even more concerned. He tried to make me go to the Healers, but gave up after I refused to come out from under my bed for four hours. At least he's out of my hair for a little while, he went to the Archives to study some of the politics from the Old Republic (there was no way I was going with him, that stuff is so BORING).

He should be back in a few hours. How he can stand to be there that long, I have no idea. Maybe I should go see if he's done, I need to tell him somet

*And with that the writing utensil fell from the young Padawn's hand. He knew no more as the darkness came to claim his mind and drag him from reality*

20. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Haha. I can imagine Dooku is studying the politics of something more pleasurable than the Old Republic ;) :p

Poor Qui. Caught something yet again.

Jade_eyes and smuggler_vola like this.
  21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh, [face_worried] Sounds like a nasty something or other was caught. Lol on Dooku studying something "interesting". :p Although, at this point, he may not be actually Darthy yet [face_thinking] Completely?

22. smuggler_vola

Oct 13, 2012
    Apparently I caught some rare virus from Gorbah. Huh.

My Master's been acting...strange. He's staying out 'till late at night and every time I ask he yells at me to do my studies. H-he never yells at me unless I did something wrong...

Is it because of me? What am I doing to make him not want me? Maybe if I knew I could stop doing it and he'd like me again...but maybe I'm just being paranoid. My friend Jamie says I do that a lot.

I know he's a Jedi Knight and all, but I don't think this is normal behavior (and trust me when I say that Master Dooku is anything but normal). I could go on and on about all the weird stuff he does, but I'm running out of room on the stupid paper and he'll kill me if he ever read this. And then I'd hit him over the head with a metal pipe for reading my journal. Not like I've ever done that or anything...

Ignore the last line about the metal pipe. Anyway, I'm going to follow Master tonight and see what's going on. I hope he's doing something interesting... (maybe illegal too, you know, to spice things up a bit).

Ignore that line too. See myself later!

23. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    He just doesn't want you finding out about his secret dates with a certain archivist. Either that or he's still sneaking out to the dance clubs with her! :p

Hey did you or are you going to reveal why Qui-Gon attacked that guy?

Tapatalk Signature
    ----------
    Use the light switch, Luke. Trust your feelings!

24. smuggler_vola

Oct 13, 2012
    I will next time. :) And sorry for the long updates, school's been keeping me busy as of late. [face_plain]

25. smuggler_vola

Oct 13, 2012
    Seriously
    I’m grounded again.

Seriously, why does the old geezer have to be so uptight? You accidentally start a fight in a cantina three times and suddenly you’re an idiot!

Maybe it was that whole taking-a-picture-of-him-and-Madame Nu-kissing-and-then-barfing incident... I really couldn’t help it- it was disgusting!

Anyway, Master Yells-A-Lot made me call that stupid governor and apologize. I thought he was an evil dude who was going to blow up the building, but apparently that was his twin brother Jack who did that. Go figure.