main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Through the Eyes of a Child - vignette - Jemmiah Chronicles

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by mouse2, Apr 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    A huge thanks to Jem for checking this over and giving it a go ahead. :)

Through the Eyes of a Child
    by Mouse

What caused her to come here to get away from what she was dealing with? She was bombarded with children from every angle. They were everywhere on the holonet, all of her friends had children, and then there was the crèche. It was all nothing but a painful reminder of what she had lost. Coming here was akin to an alcoholic working in a cantina.

How Rela was ever able to do it she would never know or even try to understand.

As she flipped past another sorrowful advertisement on the holonet the most painful reminder for her walked into the room. Jemmiah felt as if she were watching a swoop crash. She wanted to turn away, but something compelled her to watch. This little boy with frightfully mad hair the same color as his mothers was the same age as her little Han, in fact they were born on the same day. Something Spider had always teased them about.

Watching this little boy just reminded her every moment of what she had lost. He walked into the room pulling something behind him on a string as if he were walking a cannoid and his Nigel Nerf child cup never leaving his mouth. He stopped suddenly and looked down at the floor as if suddenly discovering something. She would never get to see her little one grow up, but it was the little things like scraped knees and tying-

?Thoeth peath.?

No! Please go away. I cannot do this and you cannot make me. I want nothing to do with children or any type of reminder.

?Yemmy? Thoeth??

Jemmiah looked down and saw the little boy holding up his foot waiting patiently for her to tie his shoe. Against her better judgment and with shaking hands she reached down and began to tie the first one. She prayed that as soon as she finished he would be on his way again, but he quickly held up the second foot when she finished with the first. All she wanted was to be alone and she patted his little foot to let him know she was finished with the second and he could be on his way.

?Tan tou,? he told her but to her dismay he continued to stand there before her the child?s cup back in his mouth.

She could snap at him, yell at him to go away and leave her alone. Act ugly and nasty like those evil step-mothers from all the stories children liked to have read to them. She made the mistake of looking at his little face with the big dark eyes like his father?s. It would be like kicking a nerf when it was down. She could never do it to Simmy and couldn?t do it now to his son.

?Was there something else you needed Simon?? she asked as politely as possible just wanting the little boy to go away. She didn?t seem able to move herself otherwise she would have gone running from the room awhile ago.

He crinkled his nose and curled his lip slightly at hearing her call him by his real name. But he let it pass because she could call him anything she wanted to, just like his mama.

?Thome?? he asked holding out his children?s cup.

?No thank you,? Jemmiah answered hoping that this answer would cause him to go look for something else to do, but those large chocolate eyes kept staring at her.

?Yemmy thad??

That was a painful question. Of course she was sad! Couldn?t he realize that was why she hadn?t said more than two words to him until now? Didn?t this little boy know that his very presence caused her pain?

?Yes Simon. I am sad.?

His dark eyes looked into hers and all Jemmiah could think was that he saw something in them because his little bottom lip began to wobble.

?Cauthe me?? he lisped quietly as he began to get upset.

Gods no! Please don?t let him start crying. It?s not his fault that everything about him reminds her of what she has lost. He?s just a victim of circumstance. Hadn?t he lost someone too? His friend and playmate were gone. He hadn?t gone as far as asking about Han, but Jemmiah could tell Simon missed him by the way the little boy continued to watch the door in hopes that his friend would

2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Perfect! I loved the last line! =D= I still can't seem to get a plot bunny for these Chronicles! Sigh...

3. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    That is just so sweet! :) Little Simon is so clued-up to how sad Jemmy is, because he misses Han even although he's too young to know fully what has happened. Of course, Rela would become slightly paranoid about Simon - I never even thought of that! But what I really enjoyed was how Jemmy went from wanting Simon to leave to wanting him to stay. Lovely realisation from her as she understood that someone other than herself was missing her son.

Lovely snapshot! :)

4. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Oh my, another sad one. Mouse, that was so sweet... how little Simon tried to comfort Jemmy. You've a wonderful way with children. Made me cry when she hugged him... poor woman. *sniff*

5. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    VaderLVR64 - Thank you! Don't worry a bunny will come and bite you with a vengence. I got this one from after reading Jem's Until it's Gone and wondering how she would react to Simon asking her to tie his shoes.

Jem - A huge thank you! I always had the thought of whenever Jemmy looked at Simon after losing Han she would have a sad a wistful look on her face and after awhile he would catch on. Plus she would probably feed him treacle and chocolate when his parents weren't looking. :p

Leona - Thank you! I tihnk it may have helped that after reading Jem's young Han vignette's that all I wanted to do was hug my little ones. You have no idea how hard it is to keep little Simon out of my head long enough to get something else written. ;) I may have something else in store for the little guy.

6. AnakinsHeir

AnakinsHeir Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2004
    Incredibly sad! :_| Wonderful!

7. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Tho adowable! (P.s. I had to get out a translator to understand simon) That was wonderful.

8. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    Adorable! Simon reminds me of some of my cousins. Boys all, well one girl but she's older than me so she doesn't count. :)

9. Tanith

Tanith Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 13, 2003
    :_| :_| Mouse, that has just had me in tears.

I was already emotional from reading Jemmy's stories, and this just pushed me over the edge. I'm glad little Simon was able to get through to her. And it's interesting to see how the disappearance of Han affects Jemmy's friends.

10. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    AnakinsHeir - Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)

Ish - Thanks! As Rela says, his brain is just too fast for his tongue right now. ;)

VadersMistress - Thank you! I had a live model to help me with him some, although Simon popped in my head before my little one was born. (I got the tan tou for thank you from my little one. ;) )

Tanith - Jemmy's stories certainly inspired this one. Blame it on the mention of Han's shoes, along with how everyone around Jemmy would be effected. Glad you liked it!

11. JOINME

JOINME Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2005
    :_| :_| :_|

This was so sad!

But such a beautiful viggie, especially little Simon, I felt so bad like giving him a hug... [:D]

So Jemmiah is Han's mum/relative/friend?... hmmm I've got to read these chronicles,maybe it'll explain it to me. :D

really enjoyed reading this! I love stories with small children. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.