main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Through the Shadows -(Dark Mirage IV)- [AU, evil Xan/Obi, Ani/Qui] ... Oct. 10 ... **Complete**

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Happy_Hobbit_Padawan, Jul 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tatooine_native

Tatooine_native Jedi Master star 1

Sep 6, 2003
  2. Happy_Hobbit_Padawan

Happy_Hobbit_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    obi_ew: Thank you. :) And I can?t believe it?s over! :(

Darth_Leia_6669: Thank you. Glad you?ve been enjoying. :D

PadawanKitara: Now what will the council/senate decide about our former bad boys? I couldn?t resist - ?bad boys, bad boys, watcha gonna do, watcha gonna do when they come for you ...? 8-}

PatttyB0123: [Qui-Gon_voice] Your focus determines your reality. *waves hand* There is no homework. There is only ? fan fiction! [/Qui-Gon_voice] 8-} If you get a chance to keep reading let me know what you think! :)

PaddyJuan: Thanks. And hopefully the ending will please. :D

obaona: Thanks. :) And you beat the last chapter by about an hour! (and are ya really gonna expand 'Redemption'? Ooohhh! :D)

tatooine_native: Hi, and thanks! :)

Note: Today?s the last chapter! :_| Thank you everyone who has been reading this along with me. And I?m rather grateful for those of you who have stuck through this whole little saga, coming back even though Xan and Obi were thwarted time and again. ;) I went through a whole list of possibilities for an ending to this story, and I hope this one satisfies. And although this is the end of this story, I can?t say that there won?t ever be a follow-up story ? Xan and Obi really are persistent, you know? 8-} *HHP tries to run away from the thread with Xan and Obi grabbing on to her ankles while her muse grabs hold of one arm and plot bunnies nip the other*

Once again, thank you all for reading this! It?s been fun! :D

Chapter 20

3. Bekah_K

Bekah_K Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 3, 2002
    That was an excellent ending HHP!

I've read this whole series from beginning to finish and have enjoyed every minute of it. I apologize for lurking most of the time.

Hopefully, another plot bunny will nibble at ya and start you on another piece to this.

~Bek

4. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    nooooo!!!!!! :_| It can't be over already! I too loved the way you ended it! But seems to me that those two have some unfinished buiness to attend to! ;) Loved this and can't wait to read more of your work! :)

* tosses chocolate covered Obi/Xan's*

Bravo!!!!

5. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Brava! Brava!

6. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    OMG! I'M SO SORRY! I MISSED LIKE 2 POSTS!!!!!!! AHHHH!!!!!!!!! But anywho, THAT WAS A GREAT ENDING!!!!!! AND YOU KNOW I LIKED THE POST BEFORE THE ENDING!!!!!!! ;-) BUT I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S OVER!!!!!!!!!!

7. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    IT'S OVER!! :_| *sobs hysterically*

:p

Very nice! :D :D :D You know, I think the thing I loved most throughout this story was Obi-Wan and Xanatos' friendship. You did it so well, and convincingly had them be such good friends even through all their dark, evil deeds. [face_devil] It was kind of like a string of hope throughout the whole story! :D That's my random comment for the day. ;)

Very wonderful. I like how you ended it. Obi-Wan and Xan running off, away from the law, while still being all lighty . . . it's good! 'Tis all good! ;) :D

And yes, I'm thinking about expanding Redemption. ;) It occurred to me - Obi-Wan + Xan + baby Luke = humor. :p

Anyway . . . there's going to be an epilogue, right? :D

8. Happy_Hobbit_Padawan

Feb 3, 2003
    Bekah_K: Thank you! :D And don't worry about lurking, I'm just glad to hear that you enjoyed it!

obi_ew: Thanks! :) And I must say that you've been one of most devoted readers and I'm grateful to see you pop in so often!

PadawanKitara: Thanks. :D

diamond_pony2002: Thank you. :) And I admit I had you in mind when I was writing that one post! ;)

obaona: Thanks for your kind comments! :) And sorry to confuse you - there's no epilogue! These were the final two chapters (guess I should have labeled this one as 'epilogue', sorry about that). But there might be another whole story with these guys ... who knows? (Well, for a plot bunny that began just as a 10 page story, Obi and Xan are certainly having a hard time letting go of me and my muse! 8-})

It occurred to me - Obi-Wan + Xan + baby Luke = humor. Sounds good to me! :D

9. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    I wasn't confused, just hopeful. [face_mischief] Very hopeful. ;) And you're welcome! :)

*pushes rabidly persistent plot bunnies in Happy_Hobbit_Padawan's direction* :D

10. Darth_Leia_6669

Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    I saw this friday, but wasn't able to read until now...

It can't be over already!

Since it is, I want to say how much I've enjoyed the entire series, and I agree that Xan and Obi's friendship was very well done. I liked how they were able to leave to allow tempers to cool before they face trial. I would just hope that them fleeing doesn't get them in more trouble, but I doubt it. Nicely done! [face_smile]

--later--

11. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    Oh no!! is over And I still in page two.

They left in the ship. Oh oh I read when Obi-Wan started drinking. I was worry.

The way Obi-Wan acted when Ben gave a shot or medicine.
    Obi-Wan was hiding his emotions. I love that picture of him observing everything.

Yoda attacks lol

Anakin wanted to see his mom. how so sad. Then Anakin was playing with them. guard's weak minds. That was so funny.

I will continue tomorrow. I almost read the final, but I did not want to spoiled the story for me.

12. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    Okay today I read page number three. When they placed them in the cell and master Yoda said those things Grr.

That Anakin is so bad turtoring my Obi.

The emotions are so great. Obi-Wan is not dead? He is not. I will be reading the next page tomorrow.

13. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    great job! i really enjoyed this.

14. Xanatos_son_of_Crion

Xanatos_son_of_Crion Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 27, 2003

Sorry, I kind of lost the story there at the end.

Loved the ending! And Xanatos' comment about the Jedi's robes was funny!

Please tell me you're gonna write a sequel.

*Pushs over light-side plushies Obi and Xani in black leather*

Pretty Please?

15. Happy_Hobbit_Padawan

Feb 3, 2003
    obaona: Eik! *HHP dashes into hobbit-hole to escape rabidly persistent plot bunnies* 8-}

Darth_Leia_6669: Thank you. :) And I suppose I could have elaborated in the last posty about the consequences of their leaving ... but I guess I can leave that to the sequel. [face_mischief]

PatttyB0123: Thanks, and glad you're enjoying! :D

PaddyJuan: Thanks! :D

Xanatos_son_of_Crion: Thank you. :) Please tell me you're gonna write a sequel. Well, since you offered leather Obi & Xan plushies, sure! ;) Actually, I do have a sequel in mind, but it might take a while to craft. :)

16. Darth_Leia_6669

Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    *is jumping up and down in excitment*

Yes, a sequel! :) Just be sure to let me know when you begin to post it. I'll be there! Well, providing I have everything settled by then.

--later--

17. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003

OH MY GOSH!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I just read the entire thing and well... *tries to pick jaw up off the floor*

HOOOOLY SITH!!!

You had my crying there girl. My mom asked me what was wrong and I almost strangled her. How could she have been so unfeeling!? :_|

Poor Xani... He suffered so much, only to be destroyed time after time after time...

He prevailed though. :) He prevailed.

18. Happy_Hobbit_Padawan

Feb 3, 2003
    Darth_Leia: I'll make sure to let you know. :D But depending on which of these rabid plot bunnies bites me hardest, it may take awhile to get to the sequel. ;) I've already written some ideas down for it though. A particularly evil idea struck my muse ... [face_mischief]

Jaid: I'm glad you liked. :) And I made you cry? [face_blush] I must admit as an aspiring evil author that made me happy to hear. [face_devil] 8-} And Xan did prevail. I figured he deserved it after all that I put him through. ;)

19. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003

I made you cry? I must admit as an aspiring evil author that made me happy to hear.

I know what you mean.... :p The three best things to hear are as follows

• HOW COULD YOU DO IT?!?!?!? :_|
    • EVIL AUTHORESS!!! :_| :eek: :_|
    • I love your OC's!!!! [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

• :p

20. Happy_Hobbit_Padawan

Feb 3, 2003
    And then there's the *faints*. That can get a bit worrisome, though, depending on how many buckets of cold water the author keeps laying around ... 8-}

21. CYNICAL21

CYNICAL21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    I have only one thing to say: Great Ceasar's Ghost - this was fan-damn-tastic. And I got to sit and read all of the stories at one time, never having stumbled across them before.

You managed to evoke every range of emotion here, from rage, to heartbreak, to sympathy, fear, and, finally, pure joy. A great job, HHP - and I hope you plan to follow this up in the future. You've created a perfect stage for future action.

CYN

22. Happy_Hobbit_Padawan

Feb 3, 2003
    CYNICAL21: Thank you! :D I'm glad you enjoyed this series. And a follow-up story is indeed in the planning stages - I've got all the characters and just need to work out that tiny thing called the plot. ;) Thanks again for your reply! :)

Great Ceasar's Ghost. *giggles* Never heard that one before! :p

23. Darth_Pixel

Darth_Pixel Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 17, 2003
    Just got done with this hobbit. I know i'm a bit late (as always) but i wanted to tell you it's great, and thatx for putting them in leather at the end!

24. Happy_Hobbit_Padawan

Feb 3, 2003
    Darth_Pixel: Thanks! Glad you liked the story. :D And you're another one of the Rogue Jedi in Leather fans, too, huh? 8-}

25. Happy_Hobbit_Padawan

Feb 3, 2003
    Okay, so I'm working on writing the follow-up story, Echoes of Darkness, right now. I want to include a summary of the series in this thread so I can link to it whenever I get the next story posted. :) Plus, I wanted to play with the markup codes! :p

Dark Mirage Series Summary:

Dark Mirage

Obi-Wan has been a dark sider since he was 18 and has been secretly in league with Xanatos for nearly as many years. Four years after TPM, Obi-Wan and Xanatos try to turn Obi-Wan?s apprentice, Anakin, to the dark side while creating a Force-pulse device that will mind-wipe any Force-sensitive and turn them into willing servants. They are foiled when Qui-Gon Jinn reveals himself to be alive, not ?murdered? by them on Naboo, and he rescues Anakin while mind-wiping his two former apprentices with their own device.

Depth Perception

Xanatos and Obi-Wan, now willing servants to the Jedi, are kept at the Jedi Temple as janitors. Ka?laya ? one of the children Xanatos abducted to test his Force-pulse device ? frees Xanatos? mind, and the two dark Jedi escape the Temple with Jinn and Anakin as prisoners, after injecting every Jedi with nanites that render them unconscious and subject to their control. They flee and once again try to turn Anakin to the dark side, but are caught after the Jedi awaken prematurely and find them using tracking devices that had been implanted in Anakin and Jinn as a precaution. Now that they are no longer mind-wiped, Xanatos and Obi-Wan are put in cells to await trial.

In the Grip of Evil

Using post-hypnotic suggestions he planted in the children he abducted, Xanatos is able to secretly control the children at his trial and escape Jedi custody with Obi-Wan. They are able to take Ka?laya with them but not Anakin. However, both Jinn and Anakin are delivered to the dark Jedi after Count Dooku enters a business deal with them and agrees to trap his former padawan and Anakin.

While Xanatos turns Anakin to the dark side, Obi-Wan has misgivings about Dooku?s loyalty and sends Anakin and Ka?laya to be hidden at a secret location. Dooku captures Obi-Wan in an attempt to find the boy?s location, and in a botched rescue attempt, Xanatos, Obi-Wan, and Qui-Gon lose Anakin and Ka?laya to Dooku?s grasp. Along with Jinn, Xanatos and Obi-Wan go to Geonosis in the hope of sneaking in and rescuing Anakin and Ka?laya. However, they are captured by Dooku and are forced to work as slaves in his mines.

Through the Shadows

After a year of planning, Xanatos engenders a slave revolt in order to escape Dooku?s mine. By coincidence the Jedi staged a raid on the illegal operation at the same time, nearly capturing Xanatos and Obi-Wan. However, the two fallen Jedi are able to escape with Qui-Gon and Bant as hostages.

Once back on Xanatos? flagship, the Sapphire of the Sun, Bant tells them that Dooku has revealed himself to be a Sith and is training Anakin to be his apprentice. Qui-Gon is sent out to pose as a Jedi Knight gone rogue to bring Anakin and Ka?laya back to the Sapphire. When Anakin realizes that he has once more been tricked, he disables Xanatos? ship and escapes with Ka?laya.

Ignoring Anakin for the time being, Xanatos and Obi-Wan travel to Kamino where they take command of an army of clones. They then proceed to Coruscant with the intent of taking over the planet, but realize they must battle Dooku, too, who also wants to take over the galaxy. After a drawn-out battle, Xanatos? crew is finally able to destroy Dooku?s flagship ? and in turn his droid army ? and also accidentally kills Anakin?s mother, who Dooku had used as leverage against Anakin. They take control of Coruscant and Force-pulse the entire Jedi Temple, rendering the Jedi no more harmless than children.

After two months as Emperor

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.