main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Thunder and Lightning very very frightning!

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Master_Shaitan, Sep 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_Shaitan

Master_Shaitan Jedi Master star 5

Dec 31, 2004
    Master Shaitan should have credited me with this discovery! I mentioned it to him as I was watching ROTS on dvd while he sat in his dark corner during one of his 15 hour binges on these boards!

"You were my brother Shaitan, I loved you!"

You.. er.. stole my thunder!

"You anger and lust for power has already done that. You have allowed C76 to twist your mind until now, now you have become the very thing you swore to destroy".

2. almighty_smiley

almighty_smiley Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 5, 2005
    look, thunder comes at a few points, and i think it shows the influence, not the power, but the hold and how it reminds you of what you have done.

when palpy mentions the camp, we hear both thunder and tuskens, reminding everybody about the camping incident.

when mace gets nailed after the lightning, anakin says "what have i done?". reminder that he just **** up BIG TIME.

and when he's taken to the medical tower, the thunder is there as well. i think this time it means that anakin has lost everything, and is out in the cold because of it, hence the rain and wind.

3. Dark_Knight_Saboteur

Dark_Knight_Saboteur Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2005
    I'm torn between listening to almighty_smilely and Shiatan. Hmm, what to think of this.. "The Force is strooonng with yoouuuuuu... A powerful Sith you will become. Henceforth you shall be known as Darth...Shiatan."

4. Master_Shaitan

Dec 31, 2004
    I'm torn between listening to almighty_smilely and Shiatan. Hmm, what to think of this.. "The Force is strooonng with yoouuuuuu... A powerful Sith you will become. Henceforth you shall be known as Darth...Shiatan."

I'd probably stay seated. Its ShAitan! lol

I think some people have missed my point about this thread. obviosuly thunder is occuring at different times of the movie. But each time Palpatine uses his lightning on Mace, at the exact moment, the thunder booms.

It makes it seem so powerful.

5. Dark_Knight_Saboteur

Dark_Knight_Saboteur Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2005
    XD Woops, I went off proper spelling "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!". "I agree, they have been blindsighted to the thread."

6. Master_Shaitan

Dec 31, 2004
    XD Woops, I went off proper spelling "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!". "I agree, they have been blindsighted to the thread."

LOL -no worries. It could have been worse. You could have missed out the two a's and n.

I think the symbolism isnt something that exists in that scene alone - 'the growing storm' theme is seen throughout ROTS.

But when you come to realise the power behind Sidious' lightning when he pounds Mace with it, you kind of forgive the Koran Master for screaming like a little girl :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.