main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Thunder of an Empire

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Darth-Seldon, Aug 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Thunder of an Empire
    By Darth-Seldon

Note on Text: This story has had some history. The original version was posted as an unfinished FanFic in the Saga Forum. It had the title of "Empire's Thunder" It was to take place during the time between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope. I never finished it as it was then. I then wrote it without being confined to GFFA. I wrote it as a normal SF story. I finished it but was still not to pleased with it. So now I present it to you in this final version. It is a bit different from the earlier versions. I apologize if you have read parts of it before.

George Lucas does not own any of the characters here. They are all my creation. The locations, names of places, governments, creatures, locations are all mine. Bascially this is my story which I have decided could fit in GFFA. It could really just as easy not be part of GFFA. I hope you enjoy the story. It is not one of Jedi or Clones, it is a story about humans.

This story takes place about twenty thousand years before the events of The Phantom Menace. There is no galactic government only small regional governments
    There is no central government for the galaxy.
    A long time ago in a Galaxy far, far away....

Thunder of an Empire

"Why is it that thunder is so feared during the storm?" asked Nalla in a kind voice. Her husband, Habsen replied "Perhaps it is the fear of the unknown. The Thunder is the loud yet invisible party which is involved in the storm. It is thunder which alerts us of the storm. It is thunder which is the life of the storm." Nalla nodded her head, one could not disagree with Habsen very often. He was a logical man who understood the complexities of life.

The cities of the planet Sotis were calm and peaceful until the roar of the Gods filled the skies and the people ran for safety. They had lived a good life on Sotis until the fire of a thousand ships bombarded the cities and killed the citizens. They had enjoyed life until the soldiers of the enemy marched down the cities and took occupation in the abandoned government facilities.

It was a dark night on Sotis. The great city spires which once reached up toward the heavens were now in ruin. The sky boomed as the attack upon the planet continued into the early morning hours. There had been one city which had held during the invasion. One city which had remained a beacon of hope where freedom still reigned. Those in the occupied regions of the planet would look to this city with a hope for a new day. The slaves of the enemy would sit around the fire and hope for the return of freedom to the land. That city of Bellison was now going to fall into the hands of the enemy.

Sotis was being invaded by the Ottenian Empire. It was a new empire which was only about twenty years old. It originated on the planet Otten. The peculiar thing about it is that no one had ever met the Emperor. Some said there was no Emperor that the Generals were in command. Yet it is said that an Emperor sends his orders to the Generals every day, that they carry out his orders yet have never met him. It is a strange order and little is known of it. The hierarchy is said to be that the Emperor is in supreme command and below him are the three Grand-Generals. Below those generals are the other commanders and regional governors of the Empire.

Habsen and his wife were now without a home. They had escaped the onslaught and took flight in the old rock canyons. These rock walls were created by an ancient river eons ago. In the deep caverns they could find security. The chaos was spreading across the planet and if they were not careful they would be dead. The empire was coming, and they had to seek refuge. Habsen held to his wife as the cave walls shook. Great flashes of light could be seen over the ruins of the city. Why had the empire come? Why were they doing this? It was all a mystery. Habsen had a quiet life, he lived as a banker and he and his wife were going to start a family soon. None of that mattered now. All that mattered was th

2. Darth-Seldon

May 17, 2003
    I thank any of you who read my story.
    I enjoy hearing any feedback you have to offer, just be honest.

Thanks
    Seldon

3. LordTarkin

LordTarkin Jedi Youngling

Jan 30, 2004
    "Madame, the thunder is never seen yet it always makes all of the noise in the storm. Without the thunder the storm would not frighten so many children."

A very good quote.
    I liked the story.
    Thanks for the read.

LordTarkin

4. Darth-Seldon

May 17, 2003
    Thank you LordTarkin.

The thunder of a storm is said in the story to be its life.
    the "thunder" of that empire is Habsen the invisible party which is always the life of the empire.

Habsen is the thunder and that is what it was all about.
    Calvin is my favorite of the characters and I may write a new story for Cal.

Does anyone have any other comments? I would really appreciate anything you have to say. I know this is not a traditional FanFic. All of the characters are new. And plus it is twenty thousand years before TPM. I was just wondering if anyone had comments or thoughts.

Thanks
    Seldon

5. TARATR

TARATR Jedi Youngling

Aug 1, 2004
    An interesting read.
    I agree that Calvin is a good character and would enjoy hearing more about him in the future.
    Good symbolism with the whole thunder of a storm idea.

6. Darth-Seldon

May 17, 2003
    Thank you very much.
    I appreciate your comments.

-Seldon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.