main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Indi, IN Thunder Over Louisville

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by __KypDurron, Mar 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. __KypDurron

__KypDurron Jedi Master star 2

Nov 7, 2002
    I was just wondering if anyone was coming down here for Thunder and if they are then we could meet up or something.

2. EMERALD_GREENE

EMERALD_GREENE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2001
    What is it? Speed boat races? Post the info.

3. __KypDurron

Nov 7, 2002
    oh, my bad. Thunder Over Louisville is the biggest Air Show followed by Firework show in the world. It kicks off the start of Derby Season. Its extremly fun, the air show runs throughout the day then it is followed by the firework show. Its a great event and fun as all get out. Booths are set up to buy things and the planes fly overhead all day. They have F-15's and the Stealth and thats just a VERY small portion. After the Air Show is over the fireworks begin when its dark enough. Thats the good part. The fireworks go for about 45 min. Just when you think its over they hit you with a 20 min Grand Fanally that is a sight to see. You cant really explain it. Put it this way, it looks like its 12 in the afternoon when they are going off. Well Ive explained it as best as I can but its really a fantastic experience.

4. Jades_Hand

Jades_Hand Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 2, 2002
    I agree - Thunder over Louisville is awesome. I'm from KY and went to college at UofL, so most of what I remember was viewed through a liquor-induced haze, but the fireworks are by far the best I've ever seen. You can see them from both sides of the river and miles away! The radio stations put music to it - and almost every year there is some flavor of Star Wars music used! It is best viewed right on the river-side with the many thousands of other folks!

5. __KypDurron

Nov 7, 2002
    Yeah, Im on the Indy side so I always stay over here and get right next to the river.

6. EMERALD_GREENE

Jul 23, 2001
    When you get the information, post the time, date & ticket prices. It sounds like we might do a road trip. WOW 3 airshows in 1 year, not sure if my widdle heart can take the excitement! :D

7. Quag_Myr_Rumm

Quag_Myr_Rumm Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2002
    We could also go to the Dayton Air Show. You go to the Dayton Air Museum and the Air show. That's one of my favorites.

8. __KypDurron

Nov 7, 2002
    That date is Saturday April 12th. The air show starts at 3pm and the fireworks start at 9:30pm. Its a free show so all you have to do is show up. The schedules arent out yet so when they are released I will put one on here.

9. Darth_Plastic

Darth_Plastic Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2002
    Some of us from the fan force down here in Louisville are talking about going. If you you would want to meet with us you're more than welcome. Thunder is always a big show. Best of all it is free minus what food and drinks you buy. t5o steal a phrase from Bob Barker "Comon' Down"

10. EMERALD_GREENE

Jul 23, 2001
    With so many different shows being talked about lately, I created a thread for everyone to post the show information (time, dates, cost, et.) so it will be a little more organized. Let's try to keep that one for information only & we can talk about airshows here. :D

Speaking of shows, can't forget the Grandaddy of em all. The Oshkosh airshow in Oshkosh, WI is a week (2 weeks?) long event. I've always wanted to attend but never had the chance. If someone comes across the info, please post it.

11. EMERALD_GREENE

Jul 23, 2001
    If I've read all the posts right. Thunder will be the first on the schedule. How many of us are interested in going down as a group? I thought maybe try to hook up with the Louisville group so I thought I'd try planning now to be able to coordinate with them.

12. __KypDurron

Nov 7, 2002
    Well I am already down here so just tell me where to meet and I will be there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.