main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Thunder ....Thunder.......Thunder..........

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by nathan_sith, Dec 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nathan_sith

nathan_sith Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 23, 2004
    THUNDERCATS!!

i had a little rant on another post about the 80's toy adverts that were cartoons, and the thundercats- what a load of Bastards (not a swear word yosh) they were!

i mean there they were fleeing from thier own world just to land on another-inhabitted by mumrah and his so called evil buddies. now, how would you feel if some cats landed on your planet where you've lived for centuries, without invitation, and start setting up home, building a lair and tanks and the like? then start mixing it with you and trying to kick you off your planet cuz you look 'different' or 'evil'.
    I bet mumrah never came out of those bandages before they arrived!

2. MANDALORIAN

MANDALORIAN Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 1999

I wouldn't argue with Panthro (sp?) though!

That guy is hard as nails!

3. Welshguy

Welshguy Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    Yeah, but Mumrah did enslave the indigenous population and make them do his bidding.

Then the Thundercats arrived and freed the slaves from the brutal and sadistic rule of Mumrah, restoring some sort or order and democracy to the people of this planet. If only Liono has the balls to finish him off once and for all and remove any threat of him regaining power.

4. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    But he didn't
    Cos Mumrah RULES!!!

5. veritasuk

veritasuk Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2004

kit + Kat = Annoying tw*ts

6. admiral_Jim

admiral_Jim Jedi Master star 3

May 7, 2004
    Snarf Snarf Snarf

7. DarthArsenal6

DarthArsenal6 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 16, 2001
    CHILL NATHAN before you get yourself a heart attack

Yosh pls get this topic Locked ! as this is delibrate flamimng against 80's cartoon :p :p

EDIT Miss spelt NATHAN name :) sorry :p

8. TK_Four_Two_One

TK_Four_Two_One Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 17, 2002
    You've been... THUNDER STRUCK!!!!

NAH NAH NAH... etc

9. nathan_sith

nathan_sith Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 23, 2004
    Hey DA6, wanna know what I think of He-Man? :D

or should i say Her-Man, Blone hair, blue eyes, an affinity for pink tunics, clearly a wearer of an iron cross on his chest . . . .tut tut tut [face_whistling] [face_laugh]

10. DarthArsenal6

Oct 16, 2001
    YEAH TK

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHh the Guitar

11. Ebenezer_TK_Scrooge

Ebenezer_TK_Scrooge Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 3, 2002
    [image=http://www.despond.freeserve.co.uk/headbanger.gif]

12. DarthArsenal6

Oct 16, 2001
    Hey DA6, wanna know what I think of He-Man?

or should i say Her-Man, Blone hair, blue eyes, an affinity for pink tunics, clearly a wearer of an iron cross on his chest . . .

I bet you had him stuck on your wall admiring him like all the girls loving thier pop idol in thier teens.

Is thier something your not telling us nathan ?

13. Jedi_Loon

Jedi_Loon Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 15, 2002
    Nah, he's Skeletor and wants to do He-man over, PR styley ;)

14. Darth Scourge

Darth Scourge Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 4, 2000
    In 80's cartoons, just once it would have been cool to see an episode where Mumm-Ra, Skeletor, Hordak, Venger, etc. etc. actually won.

15. Stormtrooper_fan

Stormtrooper_fan Jedi Master star 5

Aug 23, 2003
    WOW a lesser spotted Darth Scourge ;)

16. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    In 80's cartoons, just once it would have been cool to see an episode where Mumm-Ra, Skeletor, Hordak, Venger, etc. etc. actually won.

No it wouldn't. In these simple tales... the baddies are bad, and the goodies are good. The baddies to bad things. The goodies are there to stop them. However that always leaves the baddies to 'come again'. The good guys must always defeat the bad guys.

Leaving a story at the point where the baddies (who do bad things) are triumphant would send out an incorrect message for such programming. As cool as these cartoons were (and still are) they were there to provide an education to the kids who watch them (even if it is very subtle and simple). They're all basic morality tales really.

17. Darth Scourge

Darth Scourge Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 4, 2000
    Yes, yes, I realize they were simple animated morality plays which were carefully orchestrated to convey a definite behavioral template to impressionable youngsters... But what I'm saying is that even as a kid I wanted the bad guys to win... because that's the kind of child I was. When I played with the figures, Skeletor had some truly memorable victories.

I also remember a group of dumb ass uptight mothers going on some talk show and complaining about these cartoons which they said made their children hyperactive... they claimed they had no worth and were just mindless drivel intended to make kids want to buy the toys and run around like they had an intense sugar-rush... One of the head guys from Filmation was even interviewed defending MOTU, but the mothers kept interupting him and making stupid and rude comments. That made me really angry...

And just in case anyone's interested, in the beginning there was no Prince Adam alter-ego for He-Man. He-Man was originally just a warrior who wandered around Eternia getting into battles and righting wrongs... kind of like Conan. When DC comics released the first MOTU mini-series and Filmation got the rights to make the cartoon, that's when the fey and somewhat camp Prince Adam appeared. And don't get me started on the whole Teela/Sorceress thing. Or Man-At-Arms's moustache debacle.

OK... Maybe I spent too long with these toys as a kid... [face_blush]

18. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Yay! I can say "ho" :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.