main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion [Thundercats 2011] What's your opinion?

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by mrjop2, Aug 15, 2011.

1. mrjop2

mrjop2 Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 6, 2007
    Is anyone outthere becoming a big fan of the new Thundercats series on CN? I think it's the best animated show currently on television. I'll go as far as say it's the best since Avatar: The Last Airbender, if not even better than that!

2. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I never saw Avatar so I can't compare, but I do love the new Thundercats. I don't remember too much about the original, but the new one is kind of like a nostalgia trip but better because it's not destroying my childhood.

3. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    Yeah, this new series is kind of darker, but it's not as sappy as the old cartoons used to be. I totally like the idea of Lion-o being a young king, instead of an adult like the original. The new series is much more dramatic, and has become my new top Friday show, replacing the Clone Wars, and Smallville before that.

4. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    The old Thundercats was geared toward a younger age. This one is geared toward teenagers and up. I haven't seen too much of the new one yet (just the first episode, actually), but I like what I've seen so far. Tigra's sexier than ever :D

5. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Remember to keep the discussion fanfic-oriented, please (otherwise, TV discussions go in Community).

6. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    I was kind of testing the waters to see if there was enough interest in it and perhaps use this as an index for fan fiction if they started popping up on the site, but it never happend, so I've pretty much abandoned this idea awhile ago. The show is good, but not enough to warrent fan fiction. Not like HTTYD.

7. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I'm a big fan of both shows. I have the complete collection of the old series on DVD which is great. For me it's nice to see things from the old appearing in the new. I would be interested in reading fanfic if it's here but I'm not sure I'd write it.

8. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    Me too. The show is great, and I was thinking about starting to write fan fiction on it, but then I've got HTTYD going on, and that seemed to be slightly more popular, so that's the way I went. Beside, I found writting HTTYD a lot easier.