main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD Thursday is Hulkday

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by BigBossNass1138, Jun 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Okay chumps and chumpettes. As you should know The Incredible Hulk, part 2 of Marvel's fabulous rollout of their new intertwined comic universe, comes out this Thursday. I shall obviously be going along to see it. Times aren't up yet, but it'll doubtless be 6 or 7-ish. Who feels like joining me?

2. HappyBob

HappyBob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Definitely.

3. Lozza

Lozza Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    At this stage I'm planning on being there

4. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Working sadly.
    Have a SMASHing time.

Er, yeah, I know.
    Bad, bad joke.
    [face_whistling]

5. HappyBob

Mar 7, 2002
    We also would have accepted "green with envy", or for quarter marks, "have a marvellous time".

6. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    Well the times are up, and 6:30 in Cinema 5 is the only feasible one. I'm buying my ticket now, and I hope to see many of you there.

7. Murder_Sandwhich

Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    I'll be there for that one. Just reading some early reviews, i'm really excited for the Hulk. That, and to see how it ties into The Avengers.

(Rumour has it that there will be a cameo by another Avenger, other than Tony Stark.)

8. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    That's nothing. The director has confirmed that Captain America will be appearing in the movie in some form or another. Just a split-second cameo, no doubt, but still. I'm pumped. Are you pumped? I'm pumped.

9. morgan-aleghieri

morgan-aleghieri Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    I was considering how I could wing it that I go home and then come back into town tonight, but I sorta volunteered my services to make slice for a going away morning tea thing tomorrow, so I'll be cooking instead of viewing this evening.

I'll catch it later in the week - let me know the level of awesome though. [face_peace]

10. Lozza

Feb 8, 2005
    I have my ticket, so - barring disaster, I'll be there.

11. HappyBob

Mar 7, 2002
    I really enjoyed it. That's 2/2 points so far for the liberated Marvel Studios.

It was clearly constructed from the ground up to be fun. The pacing is spot-on and the action is suitably intense. That's not to say it's a mindless big-green-thing-explosion-RAARGH affair (though we do get plenty of that). The story behind it (Banner's decision to use his condition as a tool for good) is handled thoughtfully. Granted, the central premise is never as fun as Iron Man's, but The Incredible Hulk succeeds in everything it set out to do, and I can't fault it in any big way. It's a good, solid superhero film.

For eagle-eyed geeks like us, it's more a pseudo-sequel to Iron Man (and pseudo-prequel to Captain America) than a follow-up the Ang Lee movie (the connections to which are kept ambiguous - you can take it or leave it). This is very clearly the second installment of the Marvel Master Plan. It's a shame that now they've built up the momentum, we won't hear anything more of the Avengers Initiative until 2010. But oh, the payoff...

Whether you saw the first movie or not, whether you loved it or hated it, and no matter what you think of the basic Hulk premise: please give this a shot. Chances are you'll have a great time.

12. Lozza

Feb 8, 2005
    I liked it. Norton was really, really good.

Didn't like it as much as Iron Man. But I definately did like it.

13. Magnus_Darcrider

Magnus_Darcrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 2005
    Just got back from seeing this with my dad.

A much better Hulk film than the original; a film I quite like, but The Incredible Hulk has nailed the right mixture of action and drama. It's also got more links to the old TV series in a Fugitive style with Banner on the run.

I never thought anyone could replace Sam Elliot as "Thunderbolt" Ross, but William Hurt was great, putting in a sinister performance.

Liv Tyler was sweet as Betty Ross; I'm glad they didn't go with the darker psycho from "Ultimate Hulk". Though her freak out at the cab driver was good :p

Blonsky was a neat character, but what I love about him most is that he gives us a peek of what a super soldier can do. And we all know there's only one true, perfected super soldier in the Marvel Universe [face_whistling]

Nice little cameos by the Leader and Doc Samson, and Tony Stark turning up at the end and bitching out General Ross was neat.

Edward Norton was surprisingly great; I hear he did a few rewrites on the script, and his acting was believable and well done. But now I want him to play Gordon Freeman...

Lou Ferringo's cameo was fun, and I'm glad they got him to do the voice of the Hulk. Nice to have those little tips to the past.

Iron Man was definitely the blockbuster hit this year, but this film is gonna be a sleeper hit. Hope they hurry up with Thor and Captain America.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

14. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    Iron Man was definitely the blockbuster hit this year, but this film is gonna be a sleeper hit. Hope they hurry up with Thor and Captain America.

Magnus:
    [image=http://www.themovieblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/marvel-line-up-expo.jpg]

What a beautiful sight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.