Thursday Night Football

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by NorCalBirdz, Dec 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NorCalBirdz Jedi Master

star 4
    What do you guys think? Is this a good idea? I totally forgot the first week, and last night I didn't remember until halftime(although I think I would have been better off forgetting about last night's game completely). It's cool for fans to have a football game to look forward to in the middle of the week, but I think the competitive disadvantage/advantage created by the "4 days of rest/10 days of rest" dynamic created by the game outweighs the advantages of having a game on Thursday. Although with the Saturday games during the last two weeks of the year that gives us four days of football a week, which is just plain bizarre.

2. EBSaints Force Ghost

star 6
    It would be cool if more people could watch. The NFL network isn't available for me, so I don't really have an opinion.
  3. rechedelphar Force Ghost

star 6
    I like College football on Thursdays (just not hwne Clemson plays because we're something like 1-5 on Thursday night)
  4. Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus

star 7
    NCAA Thursday Night Football: good
    NFL Thursday Night Football: bad

that sums it up for me :p
  5. ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    I'd be a much bigger fan if I could actually watch the freaking games.
  6. heels1785 Jedi Draft Commissioner

Game Host
    star 6
    Bryant Gumbel makes Joe Theissman look like Howard Cosell.

I've got the NFL Network, but the only time it comes on is for the Eisen/Mariucci/Deion postgame Sunday Night highlight show, only because Chris Berman makes me want to tear my ears off.
  7. THE_JEDI_GUARDIAN Jedi Master

star 3
    I like it. I get NFL Network so its all good. Its nice having a game at thursday and saturday, it spreads it out evenly.
  8. rechedelphar Force Ghost

star 6
    does anyone else think that the NFL network's picture is awful?
  9. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    Are you sure it's not your provider's fault?
  10. Master_Kast7 Jedi Grand Master

star 6

QFT. Though I do just put up with Gumbel. [face_plain]

~Liar, lawyer, Mirror for ya, What's the difference? Kangaroo be stoned, He's guilty as the government~
  11. Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus

star 7
    rechedelphar posted:does anyone else think that the NFL network's picture is awful?

Are you sure it's not your provider's fault?

I don't watch the NFL network much at all, but I have noticed that its picture didn't look as good as the other stations we get. That would make me inclined to say it may have something to do with the network as opposed to the provider (although it doesnt rule it out)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.