main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chatt, TN Thursday Night--Online Meetings!! Let's start!

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by SarkaVrae, Dec 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SarkaVrae

SarkaVrae Jedi Master star 5

Jun 3, 2004
    OK, guys! We said that we were going to start meeting up online on Thursdays at 9:30 eastern. Did we still want to do that? Because it's been a couple of weeks and it's not happening! :D

I'll be online tomorrow evening--what about you?? [face_thinking]

2. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    I'll be there -- counting votes along with everything else :p

3. Vesper2112

Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN star 4

Nov 14, 2003
    In my defense, I forgot. No wait... that's no good. Uh... well... last week was Thanksgiving? Yeah, that's it!

I can be there tomorrow night. I'll remind myself.

4. SarkaVrae

Jun 3, 2004
    Vesper, maybe we should all remind you--lol!

5. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    Yeah, yeah... I know.. (slapping the side of the computer). Where's the alarm clock on this thing? Just call me at home if I'm not on by 9:30. heh... That's pretty funny. Call me so I can go online to chat. What is this world coming to? Technology. Bah! No... I'm certainly not one of those people who thinks they were born in the wrong time. I would absolutly hate it if I was around in the 1800's or something like that. If anything, I'd like to hop around in the future. If cryogenics ever really take off, I can see myself getting the deep freeze. I still tell my wife that when I die, I'd like to be cremated and have my ashes put on a rocket and sent off into space. They really do that! Quit rolling your eyes. Is it time to go home yet? How off-topic can I get? LOL.

6. SarkaVrae

Jun 3, 2004
    I guess it's b/c I'm such a sci-fi freak, but I am constantly frustrated with the limits of our technology. Why isn't my pc more interactive? Why can't I say, "computer" and it respond with some intelligence, give me a diagnostic, and fix itself? Why don't I have flemsiplast instead of paper? Datapads instead of....everything else?? I want one of those cool holo terminals--and a comlink instead of a cell phone!

It's off the thread topic, but Vesper brought it up!! points and sticks out tongue

I'm sure we can find ways to properly motivate you to be there, Vesper....mwahahahaha!

7. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    yeah :D The Emperor -- er president is not as forgiving as Sarka :D *Cackles madly*

8. SarkaVrae

Jun 3, 2004
    [face_laugh] exactly!!!

9. Jedi_Sha

Jedi_Sha Jedi Master star 5

Oct 13, 2002
    can't do it tonight, our dorm christmas party is tonight. but the other weeks i may be able to for about 30 minutes or so... we usually have koinonia (bible study) at 10 on thursdays...

oh, and where would the meetings be???

10. SarkaVrae

Jun 3, 2004
    The Thursday Night Online meetings are on AOL'S Instant Messenger-log into that, and you'll be invited to join our "private chat"--please be sure to provide your AIM ScreenName if you haven't done this before, (via PM if you want) so we can be sure to see you when you log in! :)

11. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    It's almost 9:30 -- where are you guys?

12. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    To recap:

The December meeting will be on Thursday, Dec 16th at the Red Lobster near Hamilton Place Mall at 7:00pm. A $20 (more or less) gift exchange will take place for those interested in participating.

Layren and SarkaVrae have been nominated in several categories in the FanFiction awards (see other thread about this). Congrats!

Monday seems to be the best day of the week to hold monthly meetings to where we could get as many people as possible. We'll talk more at the December meeting to finalize things, but it's looking like the January meeting (and months after) will be held on a Monday.

DrthMrl seems to have computer problems (lol).

Vesper2112 (with his trusty coke-soaked but never-say-die digital camera) can be the official photographer until someone with a better camera comes along.

I think that was about it.

13. SarkaVrae

Jun 3, 2004
    you are great, Vesper! That recap really did cover it all (and I like how you diplomatically left out the part where Layren and I harrassed you...). hehehe....

14. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    I want it on record that I didn't do any harrassing -- you started it .. I just endorsed it :p

The minutes are great Vesper!

15. mr_nightmarez

mr_nightmarez Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 20, 2003
    A day late and AOL short!
    I remember you all talking about online meetings etc...

I'll try to make next weeks - Dohhhpppp

Remind me though...

16. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    LOL... yeah, I originally had something about the harrasment in there, but thought I'd better make the minutes more "matter of fact" like. Awww heck, truth be told, THEY TWISTED MY ARM! They made me do it! I swear! I cannot be silent any longer! No matter what they have on me. Actually, to get this all behind me right now, I'd like to state for the record that yes... I once had a tattoo of Wicket, but I was young, foolish... I didn't know what I was doing! I had it removed, however. Now I have a wonderful portrait of Jar Jar in it's place. Whew! No that it's out in the open, I can relax once again... huh? No one likes Jar Jar... oh crap.

17. SarkaVrae

Jun 3, 2004
    ROTFLOL!! you are crazy, Jeff, you know that? :) And we didn't really hurt him, m'kay?

Todd--we won't have an online meeting next week b/c our meeting at Red Lobster is on Thursday. :p are you coming?

18. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    No red lobster meeting is on Thursday the 16th -- next week is only the 9th silly girl.

19. mr_nightmarez

Oct 20, 2003
    Jar Jar is my hero (that I want to see killed!) YAY!

Oh sorry...

Thur. Red Lobster - Hmmmm

I'm still trying to swing it- Don't count me out/in YET!

Is it December already?

20. Jedi_Sha

Jedi_Sha Jedi Master star 5

Oct 13, 2002
    okay, i probably won't make the meeting on the 16th, how sad. but i'll try to pop in for the chat this week if my computer is fixed, or if i can steal my suitie's again. (sniccker snicker)

aim is either rhaygan431 or fragglesnoot

21. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    fragglesnoot? Oh, you have GOT to use that one. LOL. We'll be watchin for ya on Thursday then. I'm sorry you'll miss the December meeting. This month seems to not be cooperating for most people when it comes to free time (gee... wonder why). Will you be around in January?

22. SarkaVrae

Jun 3, 2004
    tomorrow night, guys! 9:30 eastern time--who's going to be online in AIM?? :)

next Thursday, we will have our December meeting at Red Lobster (btw--can someone tell me where that is?) at 7(?)!! Sorry you won't be there Sha, we'll miss you!

has anyone found any comic/game stores or other places that we could use as a meeting place for "game nights"? I was thinking about asking a guy I know downtown--he owns/runs Shapiros Deli on Cherry street--is that central enough? Lemme know! :D

23. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    I'll be on AIM -- then again I always am :p

It's over by Hamilton Place Mall, Sarka. I haven't made reservations yet but I"m planning too as soon as I get a definete count of who's going to be there and who's not :p

24. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    I'll be on tomorrow night. I'll also be solo for the meeting (there ended up being 3 events going on that same day that all popped up after we decided it). Anyway, put me down for 1. The Red Lobster is near Hamilton Place Mall. If you know where Toys R Us, the Olive Garden, and the Outback is, you're real close.

Sarka... I don't know where that deli is, but I'm sure I could find it.

25. mr_nightmarez

Oct 20, 2003
    How does a non AOL guy find you online?

(I know I asked this during the meeting) but I slept once or twice since then... ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.