main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chatt, TN Thursday Night--Online Meetings!! Let's start!

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by SarkaVrae, Dec 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vesper2112

Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN star 4

Nov 14, 2003
    I don't know that any of us actually has AOL. I have Charter myself, but anyone can get AOL instant messenger. Just go to www.aim.com and download the software. You can then get a screen name and you'll be set. Let us know what your name is and we'll find you if you're online. Or, just add us to your buddy list and you'll know when we're online. I think we have our AOL IM names in our profiles. Mine is (what else) Vesper2112. Seems it's unique enough to where I didn't have to wade through 50,000 names to find one that somebody didn't already have. Anyway, talk to ya later!

2. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    Meeting notes:

Layren hates Wendy's.
    Everyone likes Burger King except SarkaVrae.

Got a head count for next Thursday's meeting. If you'd like to go, make sure you let Layren know so she can make the reservation.

We will NOT be hosting anything at Chattacon this year, although we may attend as individuals (will decide around the time of the Con).

We'll have some of our very own members at C3 next year, so we'll get the inside scoop.

More or less suggested a book club type thing, but got shot down! Will be brought up at every meeting hereafter. (Edit: NOT shot down, but given every lame excuse why they couldn't read a book). LOL.

3. mr_nightmarez

mr_nightmarez Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 20, 2003
    Sorry...
    I had to work late and the rain is killing me and my sinus's!

I will try to have AOL instant messenger installed and add you to my "buddy list" and hopefully catch the NEXT online meeting!

I hate BK also...For the record Wendy's and Back Yard Burger are the best!
    :)

4. SarkaVrae

SarkaVrae Jedi Master star 5

Jun 3, 2004
    While we are discussing the "record" *ahem*, I'd like to formally say that I was *NOT* trying to usurp the throne--I was only joking. :D

In other news....are you going to make it to Red Lobster next week Todd?

5. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    For the record, I have the chat saved on my HD. hehehe... OK, Sarka... the bribing can begin. LOL.

6. SarkaVrae

Jun 3, 2004
    Jeff--you are a bad, bad boy!! [face_devil]

7. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Vesper you should e-mail it to me so I'll know what ya'll said after I left last night :p

8. SarkaVrae

Jun 3, 2004
    oh no!! :eek: don't do that! we didn't say anything of importance once you left. mearl just picked on me, anakin's eye was patched up, and we discussed KOTOR 2....under no circumstances did we usurp the throne! [face_laugh]

hehehe...

Vesper...*psst*....passes bribe under table

lol!

9. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    Ya'know... I could've sworn I had that saved... Hmmmm.... Oh well! [face_mischief]

Really, though... I don't have it saved. Can you do that? Probably, but I posted the notes before we even ended the conversation, so anything that was said (or not said) after that is, well... deemed not part of the meeting and therefore is void and prohibited by the motion picture association. Oops, sorry. Seen too many movies lately.

10. Jedi_Sha

Jedi_Sha Jedi Master star 5

Oct 13, 2002
    hmmm... i need aim names for you guys. i could be lazy and ask you to post them here or i could check your profiles...

siiiigh... i guess i'll check the profiles. oh, and i WILL see you guys tomorrow night. i said this in the other thread too, but oh well. i'll probably wear something that really stands out. yeah, look for the girl in SHINY blue pants. hurts your eyes shiny. the shiny that you don't even have to wonder "hmm, could that be what sha was referring to?"

11. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    Shiny blue pants... Hmmm... Just in case, is there anything else we can use to identify you? LOL. Just kidding. I remember you.

Actually, we should all decide who's name the reservation will be under so whoever gets there first can go ahead and put it in. Then, if anyone comes late, they can simply ask if the "x" party has arrived. I imagine we'll have to wait for a little bit, so hopefully we'll all be able to find each other before we get seated. Glad to see you'll make it JediSha!

12. SarkaVrae

Jun 3, 2004
    ok, i said this in the other thread as well, but since you guys have insisted on posting in here too, I'll say it again:

Reserve under Layren's last name: Thompson

We need a final count. I think there may be 10, but I didn't count Vesper's kids--are they coming? And I am including the lady & her hubby from my work in that count. Is 10 good?

Non-smoking please! :D

13. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    No, Vesper's kids won't be there. Just me. 10 is a good number to go with. We could always add more chairs if we need to. See you guys there!

14. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    I always get non smoking, Sarka. I can't tolerate the smoke very well either you know. My husband won't be there tonight so it's just me. I DO need a final count. I plan to be there by 6:30 to see if I can get us a spot. So ya'll get there as soon as you can. Red Lobster gets crowded really early.

15. Jedi_Sha

Oct 13, 2002
    thanks. i can't do the smoking section, i'm allergic to it. cigarette smoke gives me migraines.

16. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    My heart can't handle it, so you're in good company ;)

17. SarkaVrae

Jun 3, 2004
    and my kid is an allergic asthmatic, so she can't be around the smoke either! We are meant to be together, aren't we? :)

18. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    Well... ok. I guess I can give up my chain smking habits for one night. LOL.

Actually, I can't stand the stuff either. My parents were both smokers and I guess being around it all the time turned me off of it. I have old records from my parents house that still reeks of cigarette smoke. Yuck!

19. SarkaVrae

Jun 3, 2004
    I suppose, even with our glorious leader out of town, we should have our meeting this week--unless everyone is busy? :D hehe

seriously--should we postpone this week's online meet & greet or go ahead and have it since we all know we'll be on anyway? ;)

20. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    I'll be on... or rather, I'm thinking of it now, so if I forget about it, let it be known that I intended on being there...

Seriously, I should be on Thursday night. If anyone wants to join in on the chat, just look for us on AOL Instant Messenger. I think most of us have our IM screen name in our profiles. See ya then!

21. Jedi_Sha

Oct 13, 2002
    9:30?

i'll be there.

22. SarkaVrae

Jun 3, 2004
    don't forget! tonight at 9:30, we will have our crazy online pow-wow! see you guys there! :)

23. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    I didn't know, but the plan tonight was to look at Christmas lights. If we don't make it back in time... well, I'll be on as soon as I can. I may very well be back by then, but I wanted to let you guys know in case i wasn't.

So... I might be a little late.

24. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    OK... so I was ALOT late. We didn't get home until about 11:00. Maria's been looking for some sort of "small" dog. She originally was looking at Maltese dogs and she kinda had something lined up this summer for one (these things are expensive!). Anyway, she ran across an ad in the paper for some peekapoo's. What in the heck are those?!? Well, we ended up going to Tunnel Hill to check them out and she's put a down payment on one (it's 3 weeks now, so we'll get it in 3 more weeks). Oh well, so much for waiting. Now all the Maltese stuff I bought her for Christmas (a couple of calendars and a book about them) might have to be exchanged. (sigh). Oh well...

Anyway, that's why I didn't make it tonight. It was out of my control. It wasn't my fault! So... where's the meeting notes?

25. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    What meeting? It was just me and Sarka :p

I managed to make it and I'm out of town and we drove an hour on ice and snow to get to this hotel! You have no excuse ;)

mwahahhaha

ok meeting notes.

Jan 10 is our first meeting in the new year with the location still up for grabs. Thursday that week we plan to start our gaming nights at Dragon Cave down by Hamilton Place.

As for other things we basically tried to figure out who forgot the meeting, who was having technical difficulties and so forth :D and that was pretty much it.

Oh and today is mine and Tim's 2 year wedding anniversary :D

There you go Vesper. I think I was doing three duties at once here ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.