Chatt, TN Thursday Night--Online Meetings!! Let's start!

Discussion in 'South East Regional Discussion' started by SarkaVrae, Dec 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SarkaVrae Force Ghost

star 5
    But I was supposed to put up the meeting notes! You have control issues, you know that, Layren? [face_mischief]

Anyway, yeah, well, me and Layren were there--we waited a whole hour, talked real bad about you guys for not showing, and then decided to start voting on stuff (b/c we officially could have enough votes b/c she's prez) hehehe...

Anyway, we think we should start game nights Thursday, January 13th. We did not decide on a time--any suggestions?
    I will contact Dragon Caves once we agree on a time.
    What games are we going to play? Vesper, are you going to bring them?
    Did I mention that they have TVs in the back rooms that they said we could hook up our game systems to and play tournies/matches that way too? Well, they do. :) That's definately something we should consider at some point. We could have a Jedi Knight Academy throw-down or KOTOR "show me" night! hehe :D

OK, I think we covered it all.
    I still think Layren should have let me do this task. I don't think she trusts me. :p or, like I said, she has major control issues.
    [face_laugh] ;)

That's it! Have a good one!
  2. Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Cool, cool. Congrats, Layren! 2 years, eh? (raises a bottle of Yoo Hoo). Here's to the next 50!

Jan 13th sounds good. I have plenty of games, so that's no problem. That's good to know about the TV's in the back. Between the Playstation and the X-Box, I'm sure there's plenty of stuff we could do on that. Wasnt JediSha supposed to be at the chat tonight? Oh well, I can't say too much, hehehehe.
  3. Layren Force Ghost

star 5
    We never said who was going to put them up and you went to bed so I just assumed that I was supposed to :p

And maybe I do :D you just never know about politicians ;) er wait LOL
  4. SarkaVrae Force Ghost

star 5
    you told me to take notes, so I assumed you wanted me to post them, silly. :p
    and I didn't go to bed until 3 am, just opened my xmas presents and then logged back on! :D
  5. drthmrl Jedi Knight

star 1
    alright lady's. enough with the bickering. cant you just agree to disagree? ;-) i should be able to make this weeks,well i guess its actually next weeks online meeting. hehe
  6. SarkaVrae Force Ghost

star 5
    but you didn't, mearl :( oh well, hope you can make the meeting on the 10th ;)

shouldn't we post our meeting notes in here as well? :D
  7. Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Since you asked...

A great turnout tonight! In order to make this make more sense, I'll try and use the screen names we use here. With that said, in attendance tonight was: Layren, SarkaVrae, Lord John, Timotheus, Vesper2112, and dentheactor (do you have a screen name here?).

First item of note was the voting of Vesper as Vice President/Secretary in lieu of Jason's absence. Until he gets back, we'll keep him in our prayers.

The post of Treasurer was offered up, but no volunteers as of yet. Until a replacement is found, Vesper will continue in that post.

Membership dues: While we want everyone to have a great time just hanging out and having fun, there are certain things we wish to do as a group in the coming year. Everyone will have a say in what we should do, but we have decided that it would be best to have some money available to work with. The best way is to have dues. It will greatly speed up being able to pay for items, services, etc. The funds will only be used for group related projects and events. Things like Convention attendance and the like will be up to each individual. Other things that only affect the immediatly available group will be divided up between those members (stuff like ordering pizza).

With that said, we'll be working on a list and cost of things that will cost money over the next few months to try and come up with an amount that we can all work with.

Conventions:

Chattacon - attendance is up to each individual as we won't be attending as a group. We do hope we have flyers there, though. Something simple that doesn't cost much probably. I hope to have some samples to submit on the 10th.

C3 (Celebration 3) - Layren will attend and possibly a few others. Again, we won't be attending as a group. Do we want flyers for this as well?

DragonCon - several of us are planning to go. Enough to go as a group and represent Chattooine! We will consider the costs of having a table. Other options include partnering up with the Hothlanta Rebels (we'd have to ask them to see if we could) and/or volunteer our time as a group (as staff) to help out. That's in September, so we have time although the cost of membership goes up the longer we wait.

January meeting: It will be held at The Dragon Caves on Lee Hwy on Monday, January 10th @ 7:00pm (SarkaVrae will check with the guys at Dragon Caves to make sure everything's ok). We'll order pizza.

Game nights: Also at The Dragon Caves on Thursday's starting January 13th. Time?

Online meetings: Day change - it will now be on Sunday nights at 9:00 starting January 9. There will not be an official online chat on the 6th.

Also, Layren and SarkaVrae are up for awards in the "Before the Saga" category. Check it out here: Before the Saga Voting thread and please vote for them. Voting ends January 15th. Good luck!
  8. Jedi_Sha Force Ghost

star 5
    since i'm not in school at the moment i keep losing tracks of the days, sorry. csi isn't even enough to keep me straight since there are 3 shows now.

i'll get better once i get back to school.
    on sunday.

sob!

so how was the meeting last night?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.