main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Thus far, how do you like the Cartoon series?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by JediTrilobite, Sep 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dizfactor

dizfactor Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 12, 2002
    dizfactor, chill out.

i was chilled out. look up about a dozen piosts from mine. i was quoting Greymarch10, who was not chilled out, and telling him to chill out.

2. Mange

Mange Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2003
    Episode 3 of the CW was aired here in Sweden today. It was the best episode this far. The Swedish voices (or, rather voice) is still awful.

I have been thinking. As I wrote in an earlier post, it's been like fifteen years ago since I regulary watched any cartoons (except for Simpsons). I like the fact that the CW cartoons (mostly) are drawn by hand, but now I feel that perhaps Lucas should have authorized, how should I put it, a cartoon based on CG. I think that would have been far more appealing. Its not that I don't like the work that the animators have done with CW, I just find it to be a bit... lacking. I mean, the environments looks fine, but... there's something...

3. -Jack-Sparrow-

-Jack-Sparrow- Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 26, 2003
    I really like the cartoon better than I thoght I would. I was thinking it was all just going to be action, I like the way it has a story. Chapter 1 & 2 are my favorites so far, chapter 3 was good but I wanted tp see Anakin and the battle in space somemore

So far I would give the Clone Wars 5 out of 5

4. JangoxFett

JangoxFett Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 1, 2002
    Seeing the Fleet of IG-88's was cool. I hope IG is seen in Ep3.

Chapter 4 was cool, and in the prevew of 5 there's an underwater battle!

5. masterskywalker

masterskywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 2, 2001
    "I just find it to be a bit... lacking. I mean, the environments looks fine, but... there's something..."

That's because you've been spoiled on uber graphics and million dollar effects. Just bask in the glory of (mostly) 2d. ;)

6. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    They are getting better and better :)

7. Ekenobi

Ekenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2002
    Just love it!!! Can not wait to own it on DVD!!

8. the-dork-knight

the-dork-knight Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 14, 2003
    Just saw Chapter 4, and I am now officially of the opinion that Durge is not a man to be trifled with. CRIPES!

9. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    I am again of the opinion that ARC troopers rock.

10. JediLight

JediLight Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    Chapter 1 - awesome
    The rest suck so far...

11. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    eh... not quite...

Episode III rocked

12. DarthDin

DarthDin Jedi Youngling

Nov 14, 2003
    I hate it. Because I can't fricken watch it!
    Stupid hyperspace... can't get it with no Visa. Can't watch it in Canada-not on T.V., not on the net. Stupid Hyperspace say's I can subscribe with a cheque but that doesn't work either! Does anyone know how I can watch these fricken cartoons? I'm not going into more debt with a credit card just to make fricken Lucas RICHER.

13. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    Calm down, it's not the end of the world... there is a DVD coming sometime, wait for that...

14. JediLight

May 31, 2001
    I swear some Star Wars could watch a movie about just about Yoda urinating and it would be entertaining to fanboys.

I'm a big Star Wars geek myself, but this stuff is mostly trash so far. Maybe I'm not a big cartoon guy anymore.

The first chapter was flat out amazing. The rest are flat out boring. I guess I like seeing characters that are familiar (Yoda, Obi-Wan, Anakin). Chapters 2-5 have little to do with the main characters - it's mostly Clones.

I know it's the Clone War, but so far I'm not a big fan.

15. Darth_Zoo

Darth_Zoo Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Chapter 1 was excellente!!! But the chapters have been going downhill in drama and story as well the quality imo drops too.

But it still isn't bad, but I hope we get some more story lines discussed soon.

16. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    Me, I'm into the military stuff. (I guess that's why I'm at a military university...)

17. augusto

augusto Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2001
    Jedilight;

> I swear some Star Wars could watch a movie about just about Yoda urinating and it would be entertaining to fanboys.

Are you talking about yourself?

18. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    Easy guys... take confrontations else where.

19. JediLight

May 31, 2001
    I'm sorry Augusto...Please excuse my exaggeration for an analogy.

I just mean that sometimes we like whatever we see - as long as it Star Wars. I don't think it's a bad idea to have the cartoons, I just wish it was a little more entertaining for me.

20. ForceMaster101

ForceMaster101 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 30, 2003
  21. jabba_the_nut

jabba_the_nut Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 17, 2003
    I was really excited at the beginning of the series. I'm not anymore. It's getting so that every chapter is just three minutes of watching EU characters blow things up. It was amazing how much characterization they packed into just a few seconds in the first two chapters. At the rate they're going now I'd be better off heading to Cartoonnetwork.com and just playing the video games.

22. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    Those games suck.

23. Darth_Ponderous

Darth_Ponderous Jedi Master star 1

Jan 18, 2003
    I have watched all of the first six chapters of the micro-series. I absolutely loved Chapter 3: Urban Warfare. I do wish the episodes were longer, but will take what I can get. Also I wish there was more Anakin up to this point. Especially since the Yoda voice over in the beginning of chapter one mentioned how important Anakin was to the Repblic forces. But I guess they are saving him for the later chapters.

24. jabba_the_nut

jabba_the_nut Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 17, 2003
    >Those games suck.

Yeah, basically. I was mildly impressed with the dueling game until I played the Teen Titans fighting game they have which had a lot more effort put into it.

25. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.